• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Disney Singing Dolls!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disney Singing Dolls!
Has anyone gently deboxed their singing doll and tried to see if they could arrange her back in her box, to look similar to how she looks before she's been opened?

The reason I am asking is because I would want to take the doll out to hear the full song, BUT I also like the boxes as they are sort of similar to the LE LA Cinderella box, which I love, so it would be kind of nice to display the singing doll in her box when I'm not fiddling with her. It seems a pity to throw out such a pretty box.

Here's my deboxed Rapunzel, hope it helps. :) I unbraided her hair because I only like the braid if it's long enough. And if all goes well she will become my OOAK LE Rapunzel :D

lol forgot to add the picture

20151110_233127.jpg

Here's Ariel [video]https://m.youtube.com/watch?list=PLFjlEw-qeDqBhBulMo6YTAooej7rJ4OGw&v=yd5jsBY63Uk[/video]

Wow I think Ariel got the least upgrades compare to the others. I think Rapunzel is the best from the 3. I thought Elsa's hand snowflakes also light up so is a little disappointing they don't but regardless is Elsa so of course I'm happy to get lol specially her shoes which will go someday to my OOAK LE SQ Elsa.

Last edited:
Doll_Enchanted she's looking lovely in there, glad to see it does work well for display. I'm also glad and a bit surprised you were able to get all the braid, flowers, and wires out of her hair and get such a smooth result! It's cool that her hair can be styled both ways.

That youtube review on Ariel... Dear god that 'swimming' motion. XD The noise, the motions of the doll shaking the holder's hand. Well I'm not going to say what it looked like Ariel was doing on a Disney collectibles forum, buuuut I think you can guess. *snicker* So disappointing, rofl, I wish they'd stop trying to do the mermaid tail all the time.

Looking at the reviews, next time I'm at the Disney store, definitely picking up Rapunzel if she's there. Elsa is a 'eh, maybe'. She's not that fantastic and I already have two 17" LE Elsas. Ariel is a definite no. I loved Little Mermaid as a kid, but the plastic glitter fin just does not work for me. XD

Looking at the reviews, next time I'm at the Disney store, definitely picking up Rapunzel if she's there. Elsa is a 'eh, maybe'. She's not that fantastic and I already have two 17" LE Elsas. Ariel is a definite no. I loved Little Mermaid as a kid, but the plastic glitter fin just does not work for me. XD

Yeah, that Ariel doll was a mind boggling decisions bucket. Everything about the doll is wrong!
I will never understand why Disney can't have the bangs going the right direction, I mean, Anna's bangs are going from left to right!
Also, Why they insist on using the ribbons instead of the actual seashells.
I think Ariel should have had a plush tail with a wire installed in it and she should have sung the reprise of the song.... But you know, it's the disneystore.

The reviews on YouTube have convinced me to get Rapunzel and Elsa. They are both gorgeous and are customizable for third that want to do so. Of the two Rapunzel is my favorite as she most closely resembles her LE counterpart and that doll is just a dream for me as I will never be able to afford her! This doll is a great alternative can't wait to get them! I do like Ariel but this doll is just a big no an easy pass

Last edited:
Doll_Enchanted she's looking lovely in there, glad to see it does work well for display. I'm also glad and a bit surprised you were able to get all the braid, flowers, and wires out of her hair and get such a smooth result! It's cool that her hair can be styled both ways.

Thanks :) her hair is nice quality making it easier to work it.

That youtube review on Ariel... Dear god that 'swimming' motion. XD The noise, the motions of the doll shaking the holder's hand. Well I'm not going to say what it looked like Ariel was doing on a Disney collectibles forum, buuuut I think you can guess. *snicker* So disappointing, rofl, I wish they'd stop trying to do the mermaid tail all the time.

Hahaha... glad I wasn't the only one. They should have just done the same they did for her 12" singing doll. Also I could barely see her lights. I actually prefer human Ariel maybe cause they haven't gotten her right with a tail :( and I'm a big no no on glitter :/

I'll take Ariel in her blue dress singing her 'ah' song. Trigger it with a seashell and her throat glows like in the movie. Throw in a fabric tail and seashell bra as accessories and you can reenact both her giving up her voice and getting it back.

Bam, Disney magic and you get to do two of the most important scenes with one doll.

My singing Elsa arrived today. She's quite more different from last's year singing doll than I thought she'd be, although for the price increase I think there should some differences other than the plastic snowflake thing she's holding. I really like the box. It's prettier and it's much more for collectors. I think the bridge of her nose seems a little more smashed down. Anyone else see that? Lips are darker. Freckles are lighter. Hair is a bit different. There's much more detail on the cape. Overall, she's really lovely. I hope there's a good sale on these for black Friday. I'd like to get at least one more for customizing. I had intended to do so with last year's singing Elsa, but spent the money on other dolls. I'm glad, though. This is will be more fun to customize because of the cape.

I'll take Ariel in her blue dress singing her 'ah' song. Trigger it with a seashell and her throat glows like in the movie. Throw in a fabric tail and seashell bra as accessories and you can reenact both her giving up her voice and getting it back.

Bam, Disney magic and you get to do two of the most important scenes with one doll.

That would be very cool!

As a collector, I want a singing Ariel that sings, "Look at this stuff, isn't it neat? Wouldn't you think my collection's complete? Wouldn't you think I'm the girl...the girl who has...everything?" ....that way I wouldn't have to be the one to sing it all the time ;)

I was so excited for the Ariel singing Christmas ornament because it would have been the perfect opportunity, there she is surrounded by her collection... too bad the audio was badly garbled and not that clip. Womp, womp.

Last edited:
This singing Rapunzel doll are so adorable, all the details of her dress is stunning, so is her hair which i love that that they added tinsels to it, much like the LE 17' Purple Rapunzel!

DarthHans
Wow, she is stunning! You did a fantastic work with her!

Last edited:
Haven't been on here in a while but I got my Rapunzel and in true DS form they slapped one of those white character packing labels over the plastic right where her face is. So annoying! At least it makes the decision to debox easier I suppose...

I REALLY hope Disney makes a 16/17 inch Anna Singing Doll in her Coronation dress . . . that would be AMAZING!!!!! Please oh Please oh Please! After Elsa, Ariel, and Rapunzel, I would love an Anna (in Coronation dress), Snow White, and Belle!!!!!!!

I REALLY hope Disney makes a 16/17 inch Anna Singing Doll in her Coronation dress . . . that would be AMAZING!!!!! Please oh Please oh Please! After Elsa, Ariel, and Rapunzel, I would love an Anna (in Coronation dress), Snow White, and Belle!!!!!!!
Ugh, I love coronation Anna. I would absolutely get her. Belle would be a dream as well, but do you think they would make her sing Something There (maybe the cloak outfit, a girl can dream) or Belle (reprise) with the blue dress? Or would they put her in the yellow even though she doesn't sing during that part... hmm...

I'm adding my dream singing 16/17" dolls: Mulan, Jasmine, and Pocahontas
If I'm being ridiculous and super dreamy: Megara

Last edited:
If Disney made a singing megara doll I would buy it so fast.
So would many other collectors. Even a classic doll of her would be nice.
Dare I dream for a Esmeralda doll singing "God help the outcasts"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back