• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Disney Soda Fountain DSF Cinderella August 15th Release.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am excited about the release. Not only are we camping for pins but for a birthday celebration, trading and more. I mean honestly, the camp outs are way fun!

Be careful about what you say Amy ;)

You are robbing a lot of people off of "But I paid for parking, I waited in line for hours. It is my time/my effort/what have you" card with this comment :lol:

It is a birthday celebration, let them have cake ;) A little crazy goes a long way sometimes.

I love 3D cakes, I wish I could be there and make you gals Rapunzel version of this:

http://disneypinforum.com/showthread.php?7428-Aurora-Birthday-Cake

I made it for my daughter last year. But, that Rapunzel tower rocks. If there is really a cake like that, I would love to see pics.Our best cake baker, Laramie, left the forums for married life :(
that cake is awesome! I don't know if we can find that tower cake though:( I just found it on google images to show Amy:) but we are trying to get some kind of tangled cake:)

I haven't gotten a chance to read all of the posts but there is one thing that has been nagging at me lately and it rearing up here again in this thread so I'm voice my annoyance/frustration.

Rewind back to the Beloved Tales debate and people were justifying the high price/trade value by saying that in order to get the pins you had to camp out in a pee filled ally and therefore they should have more value. But at the same time people were talking about what a blast they had camping out and how it was so much fun. And here, people are pretty much saying that they are going to go camp out even though it isn't needed because it is so much fun.

So....as someone that doesn't live there....why should I have to pay/trade extra because the people that got the pins had to put themselves through something that they clearly enjoyed???

That was just nagging at me and had to say it. That's all. Off my :soapbox: and back to :lurk: mode. Carry on.

I haven't gotten a chance to read all of the posts but there is one thing that has been nagging at me lately and it rearing up here again in this thread so I'm voice my annoyance/frustration.

Rewind back to the Beloved Tales debate and people were justifying the high price/trade value by saying that in order to get the pins you had to camp out in a pee filled ally and therefore they should have more value. But at the same time people were talking about what a blast they had camping out and how it was so much fun. And here, people are pretty much saying that they are going to go camp out even though it isn't needed because it is so much fun.

So....as someone that doesn't live there....why should I have to pay/trade extra because the people that got the pins had to put themselves through something that they clearly enjoyed???

That was just nagging at me and had to say it. That's all. Off my :soapbox: and back to :lurk: mode. Carry on.

I an honestly say that only the last few have been fun - before that any overnight release i had attended was a anxious looog watching the minutes tick away kinda long night. Also I think there is a clear diference between summer nights and other seasons. So while they are fun right now because it is actually nice to be outside all night - that wont last. Also there has been a new trend of people actually interacting with each other now in line instead of being "stuck" in their line place to try to watch for cutters. So the wristbands have really relieved a lot of the stress. Which they only started the wristbands at the brave release. So these are just now getting to be a fun atmosphere where before if u left you place in lie to go talk to someone else in line people would watch you to make sure you weren't cutting - it was not a very "welcoming" atmoshere. Now you dont have to be in your "place" in line until about an hr before the pins go on sale. So its much more relaxed and people arent sleeping with one eye open!

Just to add something positive this this thread, here is some parking info for people who plan on showing up in the morning:

DSF validates parking tix for the garage that is next to Dolby theater. Their validation works as follows: $2 for the first 4 hrs which is a sweet deal, but I have no idea what happens beyond 4 hrs.

I remember doing this last December and I called to confirm today. I suggest that you call & double check though.

Just to add something positive this this thread, here is some parking info for people who plan on showing up in the morning:

DSF validates parking tix for the garage that is next to Dolby theater. Their validation works as follows: $2 for the first 4 hrs which is a sweet deal, but I have no idea what happens beyond 4 hrs.

I remember doing this last December and I called to confirm today. I suggest that you call & double check though.

Here is the site for that structure:
http://www.hollywoodandhighland.com/information/parking

It is city owned and open 24 hours.

I forget what the rate after 4 hours is. But i just pay the maximum of $10 for the 24 hours i'll be there for. Its safe and secure and you can park overnight.

I don't know if we can find that tower cake though:(

That cake is so cute and it is a bit labor intensive, but totally possible. If I were there, I could have given it a try in return for marquees ;)

There are a lot of ladies who bake cakes as a side income from their homes. Ask around and you might find someone to make you a nice, albeit simpler version. Would it stand the heat while you are waiting is another question though.

I forget what the rate after 4 hours is. But i just pay the maximum of $10 for the 24 hours i'll be there for. Its safe and secure and you can park overnight.

And dont do like I did once in my excitement to get to DSF & forget to pay attention to where you park cause that place is huge! I swear I never thought Id find my car again!

I was informed by "Norman" from DSF security about three days ago that there would be wristbands but possibley no line because they are conducting construction there today. He stated they would more then likely send people home after they passed out the wristbands and then have them come back the next morning. Someone please validate this today at DSF, thank you.

This would be the very best idea ever and we have been asking them to do this for over a year now -- please keep us updated.

I was informed by "Norman" from DSF security about three days ago that there would be wristbands but possibley no line because they are conducting construction there today. He stated they would more then likely send people home after they passed out the wristbands and then have them come back the next morning. Someone please validate this today at DSF, thank you.

I just got off the phone with Teresa and she said depending on how many show up they might be doing the wristbands. But no over night camping out, as the contruction has gotten really heavy and the alley has been closed off. Also keep an eye on Facebook as all the details will be posted there on how they will be doing this release, she said in about an hour to check it.

Sorry birthday party people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back