• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Disney Store 2013 Classic Dolls

Status
Not open for further replies.
it took 4 days for guest services to get back to me and they said they would pass it on to the relevant department. I assume personal shoppers. but I had already contacted them as I saw on twitter that's what people were getting advised to do. I sent pictures , so I am just waiting to hear from them.

Geez some of y'all are too much....

Second that, don't forget these dolls are originally made for children and they are very affordable, meaning they may not be made of the highest quality materials a doll can possibly be made from, not saying adults shouldn't collect dolls, I do.... But also be realistic of ur expectations, and does disney use bubble wrap? I've never had any shipments bubble wrapped? IDK...

Oh I didn't realize they didn't have a STORE in the U.K, that's is truly sad........where is this petition? .....also they closed 2 of the nearest stores near me so basically it's not " near" me at all the next disney store is about 40 min away now, and this is in the last 6 months, anyone else experiencing a massive amount of store closings near them? Is disney not doing well?

I know these are play dolls I just expect the boxes to be in new condition that's all, that is what I paid for and that is what I should get!! my expectations are not high! thank you very much

Does anyone have a date for the new Fergus doll? I'm pretty bummed I didn't pick up the triplets when they were on sale for $4 now. Time to check ebay I guess. Can't wait until these new classic dolls start showing up in the store!

I know these are play dolls I just expect the boxes to be in new condition that's all, that is what I paid for and that is what I should get!! my expectations are not high! thank you very much

It may occur during shipping dear, it may not in fact be the DS at fault.

I order stuff online a lot because its convenient. However, I have noticed that MANY boxes come to me looking like they had one HELL, of a journey!! Sadly, I think it's how these packages are handled. UPS is the WORST and I hate that the DS uses them:/

Does anyone have a date for the new Fergus doll? I'm pretty bummed I didn't pick up the triplets when they were on sale for $4 now. Time to check ebay I guess. Can't wait until these new classic dolls start showing up in the store!

You're not the only one; I'm kicking myself for not picking them up myself as I want the whole family now!

I've actually had replacement "Oz The Great & Powerful" Dolls sent to me, after my first shipment was heavy damaged, even the shipping box was beaten up & falling apart. When the replacements were sent, all 3 new dolls were hand-picked & hand-wrapped in their own individual bubble wrap. Once I removed the bubble wrap, there were slashes (obviously from a stanley knife) all over the boxes. So it happened before DS put them in the shipping box to send to me.
They probably received a large shipment from their manufacturer & slashed open the shipping box with a stanley knife, damaging product inside, before shipping them off to their DS customers.

Even I received a package with the shipping carton and back slip cover slashed across the bottom and nearly 8 inches up the back right side (LE Tangled Ever After) ... it wasn't just a clean cut but a mangled slash (more like a can opener cut) - so that would be the original shipping carton, individual doll shipping carton and back slip cover :( You would think the un-packers would know to just carefully cut the shipping tape to open the cartons :doh:

I've actually had replacement "Oz The Great & Powerful" Dolls sent to me, after my first shipment was heavy damaged, even the shipping box was beaten up & falling apart. When the replacements were sent, all 3 new dolls were hand-picked & hand-wrapped in their own individual bubble wrap. Once I removed the bubble wrap, there were slashes (obviously from a stanley knife) all over the boxes. So it happened before DS put them in the shipping box to send to me.
They probably received a large shipment from their manufacturer & slashed open the shipping box with a stanley knife, damaging product inside, before shipping them off to their DS customers.
I had the SAME issue with the OZ dolls, the boxes were just crushed. DS sent out replacements twice because once they sent me two of the same doll as a replacement! Needless to say, the whole ordeal was very frustrating. I would have gone to my local DS because there are 2 located not too far from me. However, for some reason, neither of them carried any OZ merchandise......

It's a shame this this seems like a common problem... Even the cast members at my local store said some of their merchandise even comes damaged:eek2:

You're not the only one; I'm kicking myself for not picking them up myself as I want the whole family now!

I don't think the triplets are too expensive on eBay right now. I'll have to see how I feel when I can get my hands on a Fergus. I must say I am really impressed with this year's Classic dolls. I've been waiting for Rapunzel to hit my local store especially.

That sucks! Maybe it was customs? Sometimes they open boxes (sometimes just ripping it open) pull off the toys heads (looking for drugs inside) I've heard so many horror stories, there was this one I remember about a MIB from another forum *shiver* I've heard that Australian customs are extremely notorious?
But anyway, quite right that you claim compensation, I'd be so mad!

I order stuff online a lot because its convenient. However, I have noticed that MANY boxes come to me looking like they had one HELL, of a journey!! Sadly, I think it's how these packages are handled. UPS is the WORST and I hate that the DS uses them:/

Uh-oh! I just ordered last year's classic Merida doll from them. Hope it arrives in on piece! I'll be picking up Anna and Elsa in person.

Are these the new singing dolls? They are different than the ones on DS.COM so I am assuming they are... there is only slight differences in the dolls...
-Ariel has earrings, and instead of a heart she has a seashell on her neck.
-Snow has red in her sleeves.

994518_10200763133618719_822909422_n.jpg

36290_10200763161899426_1714350970_n.jpg

Last edited:
Oooh, singing dolls! ^_^

My 2012 Ariel has a shell on the neckline of her dress as well as shell earrings, but these could still be the new ones... who knows? I can't wait to be able to purchase them again- they sold out in the UK at Christmastime!

She's lovely. Thanks for the picture :) I wonder if she will be sold as a one off, or whether they will do other Princesses with their alternate dresses on. Jasmine in the purple dress with additional red outfit would be great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back