• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Disney Store 2013 Classic Dolls

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disney Store 2013 Classic Dolls

YAY!!!! Aurora's bangs are back!!!! So happy for this! I was afraid that her future LE doll was going to be affected, but with this we can hope for a really nice, detailed and accurate LE Aurora. It's to bad that LE Cinderella was affected by these Failed Redesigned Princess looks, as they only lasted a year.

EDIT: Thanks for the pictures Shivatopia. I'm sure you're as happy as me with this new change :D !

Last edited:
YAY!!!! Aurora's bangs are back!!!! So happy for this! I was afraid that her future LE doll was going to be affected, but with this we can hope for a really nice, detailed and accurate LE Aurora. It's to bad that LE Cinderella was affected by these Failed Redesigned Princess looks, as they only lasted a year.

EDIT: Thanks for the pictures Shivatopia. I'm sure you're as happy as me with this new change :D !

You're welcome, all! And yes, alex555, I am absolutely 100% thrilled that Aurora has her traditional hair back! I was also thinking that this may be a good sign that the future 17" LE Aurora doll will be a stunner with the right hairstyle! :) Unfortunately, last year's "new looks" will survive somewhat for a while through the Disney Parks merchandise/dolls, but at least the changes back in the DS Classic doll hairdos and the appearance of a Gaston (albeit a slenderized version), shows me that the Disney Store does take fan input into consideration. That said, I will not give up the good fight to eliminate "new look" Aurora's terrible flat hairdo completely! I don't want to be put in a situation where I have to consider cutting and restyling a 17" LE doll's hair, especially Aurora's!

Hello! First timer on a forum, so go easy on me. But would any of you know if the Disney store will still have some of the old dolls with the bendable knees and such until they run out? Or is it the moment the new dolls go online, they hit the stores as well, and replace whatever is still out?

Aww man,this is lame!They reverted back to the old hairstyles,I really liked the grown out bangs,having the same doll over and over again got annoying,with the exact same hairstyle.Now it's back to stage one,Pfft.Aurora and Cinderella still looked like themselves despite something so trivial like no bangs,I still dont see the backlash that it prompted,changing the doll wasnt going to change the films charecter design.But,whatevs,it is what it is.I dont have to tolerate the samey hairstyles over and over,I'll just reroot and problem solved,beats whinning. Other than that It's nice to see they kept the updated faces,atleast that's a plus.Only real concern is why they continue to push Mulan with long hair,when she's just as gorgeous when her hair's short.Get rid of Pocahontas enlarged headmould and will continue making progress.

The new classic Ariel is super cute, but I don't want duplicates :)
Thankfully, she looks like she would make a great Melody after a reroot and a rebody!

I'm trying to upload a picture of this Ariel that I edited roughly on my computer to look like Melody but I can't figure out how to upload it from my computer! Could someone help me? (Thanks, this is my very first day on here and I'm so excited!)

I hope they put up the in-box pictures of Snow White & Aurora, as we only have stand-alone pictures of them currently. I won't be able to decide If I want them without those photos. Some of the stand-alone pictures of the dolls I've thought "I hate it". Then I see the in-box photo & completely change my mind.
I've emailed guest services, but they always take forever to reply.

I can't order until they put them up, because I need to save on shipping & put them in the same order.

I put 12 dolls in my basket last night to see the discount cost & shipping was $86.60 USD.

If need be, I can buy everything for you and ship it to you. It would cut the shipping costs in about half.

Hello! First timer on a forum, so go easy on me. But would any of you know if the Disney store will still have some of the old dolls with the bendable knees and such until they run out? Or is it the moment the new dolls go online, they hit the stores as well, and replace whatever is still out?
Generally the brick & mortar Disney Store will run out their old stock first. My store does not have the new dolls yet, so you may have some time to purchase the old stock now. I have also seen my store offer both until the old stock runs out. Good luck!

So now that this years classic dolls have been released in June, I think it's safe to say that the Singing dolls will be released in July, just like last year. :)

Someone please take some pictures of the new dolls on display at Disney Store! :) I would but I don't have any in my country sadly. :(

I asked guest services & they told me to "look on eBay" for pictures of the dolls that are missing their in-box pictures....really? =/
Since when do Disney direct customers to eBay?

That is a total first! What are they thinking, especially since a lot of the eBay sellers use the stock photos to sell their goods... Just as a head's up, the new 2013 Snow White Classic doll has a blue colored cardboard backing and the new 2013 Aurora doll should have a green colored cardboard backing. I hope that they do upload in-box stock photos of the dolls at some point to round out the group.

That is really cool that they are adding the fathers like this. MALE PRESENCE! Finally! It makes me happy to see that they finally added a second father doll...seeing as how I might wanna be one some day. :) I wonder if they will release him on Friday or Monday since this Sunday is Father's Day. (But, they didn't do anything for Mother's Day...despite my brilliant logic... ;) ) This also makes me feel like they might actually consider making the Sultan from Aladdin. (Um...did he have a name?)
One thing that I really appreciate is that they are actually branching out and adding to their princess money makers. In terms of merchandising, the fathers are REALLY obscure characters to include in merchandise like this. But, they are actual characters that add to the story and help drive the plot. I know it's too soon to speculate...but if they have the princesses and the princes...AND now their villains...AND now also supporting characters...maybe they will be willing to eventually go even further to other characters we want like from Hercules and Hunchback and more. :D

The fact more male characters are finding their way as dolls can only be applauded really. It leaves me thinking whether this change will show its presence in the upcoming designer range. All the sudden the prospect of the 'couples' idea looks promising to me. I agree with Tinkertigg that having the fathers is absolutely wonderful. It would be wonderful if at some point we got some of the royal parents as dolls. Can you imagine the prospects of Aurora's parents e.g.... well we can dream :) but Disney you rock!

I found Gaston today in a Disney Store so he should probably be up soon on the UK website. :)

Very surprised and glad that they are doing a Fergus. I wonder if they could use some parts of him for a Ratcliffe doll.

So cool! I may need to find the triplets now to go with my Merida & Elinor. I would absolutely flip if they started adding some of the more obscure/forgotten characters. My wish list: Aurora's parents, Megara, Esmeralda, Wendy, Tiger Lily, Melody, all Ariel's sisters and everyone in fashion doll size from Sofia the First!!!!

They have done some of those characters in the past, so fingers crossed they would revive them.

So cool! I may need to find the triplets now to go with my Merida & Elinor. I would absolutely flip if they started adding some of the more obscure/forgotten characters. My wish list: Aurora's parents, Megara, Esmeralda, Wendy, Tiger Lily, Melody, all Ariel's sisters and everyone in fashion doll size from Sofia the First!!!!

They have done some of those characters in the past, so fingers crossed they would revive them.

I second this :)

Considering Hercules is due for Blu-Ray in the Uk I THINK, I hope that a Megara classic doll is in order. She is a rather iconic character and imagine the work that can be done plus a Hercules just with the expectation that he will be as detailed as Fergus.

Considering Hercules is due for Blu-Ray in the Uk I THINK, I hope that a Megara classic doll is in order. She is a rather iconic character and imagine the work that can be done plus a Hercules just with the expectation that he will be as detailed as Fergus.

In the UK you say? I wonder if we will get it here in the US as well. I just bought the DVD because I didn't think it would be out for a little while. A Megara classic doll would sell like hotcakes though, I really hope they make one.

Gaston has found his way into the UK stores already it seems. I'm still waiting a little before I'm buying him though. I'm really intrigued about what they have in store for Ariel, so I'll be saving my money for her doll, really. I also noticed that my local store had some little wallets with the new appearance of Merida included. Should have taken a picture. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back