• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Disney Store 2013 Classic Dolls

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disney Store 2013 Classic Dolls
Comparing Disney Princess Classic 12'' Dolls 2010-2013

Reviews of the new 2013 edition Disney Classic Princess Dolls, and comparative collages of the Classic dolls released from 2010 through 2013. I will put each doll in a separate post, going in order of their original animated movies. First an overall review of the 2013 release.

I think that Snow White, Cinderalla, Ariel and Rapunzel are greatly improved. And of the sidekick dolls, Charlotte is also greatly improved, and now looks sweet rather than goofy. My favorites of the new crop are Snow White and Ariel. In general, the dolls are now more movie accurate, with the stray curls removed, and the glitter is now in pretty patterns on the skirts instead of being sprayed on. I would have rather that they fixed the various problems with the articulated legs, than bring back the old rubber legs. But the rubber legs do look better when they are exposed. It looks as though all the dolls with shoes now have flats, including Cinderella, which looks odd on feet that are angled for high heels.

Here is a listing of the major feature changes each year:
2010 - Elbow and wrist joints
2011 - Deluxe Sparkle Gowns
2012 - Knee and ankle joints on hard plastic legs
2013 - More movie accurate; return to rubber legs of 2011 and earlier models

Each year also brought changes in their prices, faces and heads, hair style and length, outfits, jewelry and other accessories.

Snow White Classic 12'' Dolls 2010-2013 by the Disney Store

Comparing the last four Snow White Classic 12'' Dolls by the Disney Store, released in the years 2010 through 2013. Collage of images from the US Disney Store website.

I really like the new Snow White doll. I think she is great improvement over the 2012 model. Her head and face are the same as the 2012 doll, which I like very much. Her hairdo is now much more movie accurate and managable, by eliminating the messy upper side curls. Her bodice looks the same, but her skirt is shorter and has a pretty floral pattern in gold glitter. The best change is the addition of a red satin cape. Even though it is only half-length, it makes the doll much more royal looking, and movie accurate.

The other major change is the replacement of the fully articulated legs with the old rubber legs, with fixed angled feet and internal knee joints. I would rather that they fixed the problems with the 2012 legs, but the rubber legs do look a lot better, with the disadvantage of being much less posable.

Not shown here is the redesigned box art, which has beautiful decorations unique to each Princess, and a cameo of the animated movie character.

Snow White Classic 12'' Dolls 2010-2013 by the Disney Store - Product Images by drj1828, on Flickr

Cinderella Classic 12'' Dolls by the Disney Store - 2010-2013

Comparing the last four Cinderella Classic 12'' Dolls by the Disney Store, released in the years 2010 through 2013. Collage of images from the US Disney Store website.

I really like this new Cinderella doll. I think she is considerable improvement over the 2012 model. Her head mold seems to be the same as the 2012 doll, but the face paint is different, and is a mixture of the 2011 and 2012 faces. Her face is very pretty, and more movie accurate than the 2012 doll. Her hairdo is close to the 2011 doll, and the 2012 side curl is gone. Her hair is possibly a darker blonde, hence closer to the movie character. Her gown is now much more movie accurate, with a light blue color rather dark blue. There are silver glittery swirls, that look to be an abstract made up of hearts and C's, possibly representing the pumpkin coach. Her sleeves and peplum are now white satin, rather than light blue organza. A big step backwards is her dark blue shoes, whereas the 2012 doll had her iconic glass slippers (clear plastic high heeled shoes).

The other major change is the replacement of the fully articulated legs with the old rubber legs, with fixed angled feet and internal knee joints. I would rather that they fixed the problems with the 2012 legs, but the rubber legs do look a lot better, with the disadvantage of being much less posable.

Not shown here is the redesigned box art, which has beautiful decorations unique to each Princess, and a cameo of the animated movie character.

Cinderella Classic 12'' Dolls by the Disney Store - 2010-2013 by drj1828, on Flickr

Aurora Classic 12'' Dolls by the Disney Store - 2010-2013

Comparing the last four Aurora Classic 12'' Dolls by the Disney Store, released in the years 2010 through 2013. Collage of images from the US Disney Store website.

The 2013 Classic Aurora is mostly the same doll as the 2012 model,. She has the same face and almost the same dress. The few changes are the return of her iconic curly bang, a swirly glittery pattern in her dark pink satin skirt, and glently curly hair. All of these changes are definite improvements, so I prefer the latest model.

Aurora Classic 12'' Dolls by the Disney Store - 2010-2013 by drj1828, on Flickr

Ariel Classic 12'' Dolls by the Disney Store - 2010-2013

Comparing the last four Ariel Classic 12'' Dolls by the Disney Store, released in the years 2010 through 2013. Collage of images from the US Disney Store website.

I really like this new Ariel doll. I think she is considerable improvement over the 2012 model. Her head mold seems to be rounder than the 2012 doll, and face paint is different with rounder bluer eyes, red rather than pink lips, and has a more youthful look. Her face is very pretty, and more movie accurate than the 2012 doll. Her hairdo is close to the 2012 doll, with the part in the wrong side, but the curls are gentler and the hair is in a single mass. There are green glitter pattern representing scales, and the fins are more transparent than the 2012 doll, and look like tulle rather than organza. The peplum is longer and drapes over the tail rather than sticking up, and is made of tulle rather than organza. The tail looks better than the 2012 doll, but I liked the 2012 fins better.

Ariel Classic 12'' Dolls by the Disney Store - 2010-2013 by drj1828, on Flickr

Belle Classic 12'' Dolls by the Disney Store - 2010-2013

Comparing the last four Belle Classic 12'' Dolls by the Disney Store, released in the years 2010 through 2013. Collage of images from the US Disney Store website.

I like this new Belle doll for 2013. I think she is an improvement over the 2012 model, but has remained mostly the same. Her head mold is the same, and face appears to be the same except for rounder eyebrows, so she looks sweet rather than sassy or cunning. Her face is very pretty and is more youthful, but is still not that movie accurate. Her hairdo is similar to that of the 2012 doll, but the bun is larger, the side curls are gone, the main curls are gentler and the hair is in a single mass. The hair also seems to be shorter and less voluminous. Her gown is the same basic design, but is a lighter golden yellow than the 2012 doll. The bodice appears ot be glitter free, and the skirt has the gold glitter arranged in a nice floral pattern. She is unfortunately missing her golden yellow gloves.

Belle Classic 12'' Dolls by the Disney Store - 2010-2013 by drj1828, on Flickr

Jasmine Classic 12'' Dolls by the Disney Store - 2010-2013

Comparing the last four Jasmine Classic 12'' Dolls by the Disney Store, released in the years 2010 through 2013. Collage of images from the US Disney Store website.

I don't like this new Jasmine doll for 2013 as much as the 2012 doll, although in some respects she is more movie accurate. She is very similar to the 2012 doll, with some small changes. She has the same head and hair, but her face has lighter eyebrows (dark brown rather than black). She has the movie accurate solid triangular earrings that the 2011 doll had, but keeps the solid plastic necklace. They are a lighter golden color or possibly silver and are now shiny rather than dull. Her outfit is similar to the old outfit, but is bluer in color, and is missing the sheer organza peplum. Also the silver glitter is now arranged in an abstract pattern. The large oval torquise gems at her waist and headband are gone, replaced by a single small round purple gem in her bodice.

Jasmine Classic 12'' Dolls by the Disney Store - 2010-2013 by drj1828, on Flickr

Pocahontas Classic 12'' Dolls by the Disney Store - 2010-2013

Comparing the last four Pocahontas Classic 12'' Dolls by the Disney Store, released in the years 2010 through 2013. Collage of images from the US Disney Store website.

The new Pocahontas doll for 2013 is identical to the 2012 doll, except for the change in her legs. Once more Pocahontas gets no respect from the Disney Store. I prefer the 2012 model, with her articulated legs and flat feet. She did have bowed legs, and couldn't sit with her knees together, but I was able to largely eliminate those problems by reshaping the hip joints and tweeking the knee joints.

The only change is the replacement of the fully articulated legs with the old rubber legs, with fixed angled feet and internal knee joints. I would rather that they fixed the problems with the 2012 legs, but the rubber legs do look a lot better, with the disadvantage of being much less posable.

Pocahontas Classic 12'' Dolls by the Disney Store - 2010-2013 by drj1828, on Flickr

Mulan Classic 12'' Dolls by the Disney Store - 2010-2013

Comparing the last four Mulan Classic 12'' Dolls by the Disney Store, released in the years 2010 through 2013. Collage of images from the US Disney Store website.

The new Mulan doll for 2013 is identical to the 2012 doll, except changes to her skirt and legs. Once more Mulan, along with Pocohantas, gets no respect from the Disney Store. Her skirt is now glitter free, and seems to be narrower. Because of the lack of glitter in the skirt, I prefer this doll over the 2012 one.

Mulan Classic 12'' Dolls by the Disney Store - 2010-2013 by drj1828, on Flickr

Tiana Classic 12'' Dolls by the Disney Store - 2010-2013

Comparing the last four Tiana Classic 12'' Dolls by the Disney Store, released in the years 2010 through 2013. Collage of images from the US Disney Store website.

The new Tiana doll for 2013 is almost identical to the 2012 doll, except for a few small changes, and the change in her legs (which is not visible in these photos). Her hairdo reverts back to the afro style that the 2011 doll sported, with 3 side curls rather than the 4 of the 2012 doll. Her white gloves are missing, and the green gem in her flower is replaced with a yellow one. It is hard to tell from the stock photos, but her white satin dress seems to be less shiny. I think all the changes are steps backwards, and prefer the 2012 model.

Tiana Classic 12'' Dolls by the Disney Store - 2010-2013 by drj1828, on Flickr

Rapunzel Classic 12'' Dolls by the Disney Store - 2010-2013

Comparing the last four Rapunzel Classic 12'' Dolls by the Disney Store, released in the years 2010 through 2013. Collage of images from the US Disney Store website.

The new Classic Rapunzel doll for 2013 is a great improvement over the 2012 version. She has the same head mold as before, but tweeks to her face makes her much prettier and closer to the movie character. Her eyes have less dark green and more light green, making her eyes much brighter and less creepy. She has an additional eyelash on her left eye, but the same number (two) on her right. She has lighter eyebrows. Her lips are a paler and lighter pink. More significantly, they are centered and more even, so she is no longer smirking. Her hair is the same style, but shorter by an inch or two, so it no longer reaches the ground. Her dress is much more movie accurate, with the bodice changed from dark purple to their proper pink color. Her satin skirt has light purple skirt with a floral pattern in dark purple glitter, and a plain light purple center panel. Her dress is missing the organza sleeves. Finally she is now barefoot, as she should be, shedding the purple flat slippers of the 2012 doll. I still prefer the original 2010 DS doll or 2011 Parks doll, but this doll is a much better than the 2012 DS doll.

Rapunzel Classic 12'' Dolls by the Disney Store - 2010-2013 by drj1828, on Flickr

Merida Classic 12'' Dolls by the Disney Store - 2012-2013

Comparing the two Merida Classic 12'' Dolls by the Disney Store, released in the years 2012 and 2013. Collage of images from the US Disney Store website.

As was to be expected, the Classic Merida doll is now without any accessories. Gone are her bow and arrow, quiver, arm guard, cuffs and cape. Added is a full length right sleeve, and lots of glitter on her dress. It's funny that the original Classic Merida is on clearance at only $8, and is still available both online and in stores (as of June 16, 2013). The doll herself is identical to the old Merida doll, but she looks quite bare without all her accessories. The only improvement over the old version is the box, which is very pretty with an image of her from the movie and very pretty decorations unique to her, as with the other 2013 Classic Princess dolls' boxes.

Merida Classic 12'' Dolls by the Disney Store - 2012-2013 by drj1828, on Flickr

Queen Elinor Classic 12'' Dolls by the Disney Store - 2012-2013

Comparing the two Queen Elinor 12'' Dolls by the Disney Store, released in the years 2012 and 2013. Collage of images from the US Disney Store website.

Finally Queen Elinor is added to the Classic doll line. I'm so glad that she is the same as the old one that was part of last year's Transforming Queen Elinor doll set, except possibly for her legs and a couple of minor differences. Her hair is shorter, and the sleeves are missing the organza detail at the ends, making them shorter. She is a great doll and close to perfect. Unlike the new Classic Merida doll, the Disney Store didn't add any glitter to her dress. When King Fergus is released (hopefully very soon), the entire family will be complete, although the Triplets are no longer available.

Queen Elinor Classic 12'' Dolls by the Disney Store - 2012-2013 by drj1828, on Flickr

Charlotte Classic 12'' Dolls by the Disney Store - 2012-2013

Comparing the two Charlotte Classic 12'' Dolls by the Disney Store, released in the years 2012 and 2013. Collage of images from the US Disney Store website.

Charlotte La Bouff (Tiana's best friend in the Princess and the Frog) is back again, as part of the 2013 Disney Store Classic Doll lineup. She is almost identical to last year's version. The only apparent changes are to her eyes. They are no longer crossed; instead she is glancing to her right. Also she now four instead of five eyelashes over each eye, and they are angled higher up. Her pupils are also a bit larger. Now she looks very sweet, rather than goofy, which is a welcome change.

Charlotte Classic 12'' Dolls by the Disney Store - 2012-2013 by drj1828, on Flickr

King Fergus Classic Doll - Brave - 12'' - US Disney Store Images - Future Release

Images of King Fergus 12'' doll found on the Disney Store site. It is not yet linked to a product webpage, so is for a future product. Hopefully he will be released very soon. He is a very movie accurate, and a great addition to the Brave doll line. I'm so glad that they created a custom body for him. Using the standard Disney Store Prince body would have resulted in a pathetic looking King Fergus. Too bad they couldn't have created a custom body for Gaston.

Click on the image or link below to get higher resolution images.

Classic King Fergus Doll - Brave - 12'' - US Disney Store Images - Boxed and Deboxed - Future Release by drj1828, on Flickr

I'm really glad that they gave Snow White her cape back. When I was younger, she was one of my favorites for that reason alone. To this day, I would still be wearing capes. I LOVE THEM!
But really though, Tiana? She's basically joined Mulan and Pocahontas when it comes to the level of detail and quality. Next year, I'll be surprised if they even give her the flower on her dress. They give Belle the really nice gathering detail, Rapunzel the faux corset detailing, and all the little details on the other princesses...but they just skimp on Tiana. I dunno, it wouldn't be hard to give a little more detail to her.
And Charlotte looks ADORABLE!
I can't wait to see who they decide to surprise us with next and add to this collection. :D

I agree I really want a Facilier doll! The new Charlotte doll is so cute I have to get her. And I agree Snow White, Cindy, Ariel and Rapunzel are the best of the new dolls. Thanks for the pictures :D

P.S. I agree it is sad that Pocahontas, Mulan and now Tiana seem to get the short end of the stick. They are all such beautiful and wonderful gals who deserve better!

Last edited:
I would love to get a Dr. Facilier doll. I'm just so torn. On one hand, I'd want him to have the skeleton mask like from his song. But then on the other hand, I'd want him to be plain faced. Eh, give it as a prop and we're good.
I really really really hope they randomly make an Yzma. That would be so much fun to display. But, thinking of the current dolls released, I would love a Hag, Dr. Facilier, maybe a red genie Jafar. But, who am I kidding, I'd collect them all. ;)

I would love to get a Dr. Facilier doll. I'm just so torn. On one hand, I'd want him to have the skeleton mask like from his song. But then on the other hand, I'd want him to be plain faced. Eh, give it as a prop and we're good.
I really really really hope they randomly make an Yzma. That would be so much fun to display. But, thinking of the current dolls released, I would love a Hag, Dr. Facilier, maybe a red genie Jafar. But, who am I kidding, I'd collect them all. ;)

A Yzma doll would be awesome. I never understood why Yzma isn't merchandised more. She is a hilarious character, has a pretty solid fanbase and ascetically she fits in very well with Maleficent/Ursula/Cruella/Evil Queen(these 4 seem to be the most popular/merchandised villains). I kinda wish I bought another Designer Ursula doll so I could make my own Yzma doll. I would also LOVE a doll of the Old hag. Disney sees to neglect her in favor of the Evil Queen. I love them both but I love how hammy the hag is and her sense of ultra black humor is hilarious. Plus she is so visually memorable. I would also love a Madame Medusa doll but that is very unlikely. At the moment I can see Disney doing dolls for Facilier, Cruella and Captain Hook.

Mama Odie would be fun, too. I just got in my order from the Disney Store. I ordered all of the new princesses, Gaston, and Charlotte. Have not deboxed anyone yet. Ariel is simply stunning. Love her. Charlotte looks great and Gaston, while a bit toned down, is still a welcome addition. It makes me sad that Tiana, Pocahontas, and Mulan get pushed to the side, but I tend to change these dolls out of their standard fair into upgraded outfits. I like to buy the Aphrodai gowns that are sold on ebay and display the girls in these. I must take some pics. I have a lovely gown reminiscient of designer Ariel's gown and lovely green gown for Tiana.

2013 Classic Disney Princess Dolls - Tiana, Mulan and Aurora - First Look - Boxed

Today (June 18, 2013) I just got the new Aurora, Mulan and Tiana Classic dolls from my local DS. They were the only ones they have so far. I got two Auroras because one was fully glittered, and the other had very little glitter (the factory must have missed putting glitter glue on the swirl patterns). Also the less glittery Aurora had a much better curly bang than the other. The dolls all look better than the stock photos on the Disney Store website. And the boxes are beautiful. I will eventually get two copies of each doll, one to debox, the other to keep boxed.

They were also selling the older versions of these dolls at the same time. All the dolls, whether old or new, were on sale at $10 each for 2 or more. I will post a full series of photos of these dolls shortly. Unfortunately, they didn't have the ones I wanted the most - Snow White, Ariel, Cinderella and Rapunzel. Also no Tonto yet. I will just have to wait a little longer.

2013 Classic Disney Princess Dolls - Tiana, Mulan and Aurora - Disney Store - First Look - Boxed by drj1828, on Flickr

2013 Classic Disney Princess Dolls - Tiana, Mulan and Aurora - Disney Store - First Look - Boxed - Full Rear View by drj1828, on Flickr

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back