• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Disney Store does it to collectors AGAIN!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disney Store does it to collectors AGAIN!!

swim2sea

DPF Charter Member
DPF Charter Member
Rating - 100%
76   0   0
I placed an order with the store on July 25th. I decided to collect the 110th Legacy pins and was moving along and doing fine when BAM:shock:
Disney hit me right smack in the nose. First the stopped calling them the 100th Legacy pins and told me after several hours on the phone being passed around, that you would know they were part of the collection if they were an LE250. So, I started looking at the size of ALL the pins to be sure they weren't part of the collection. Meanwhile, my order from 7/25 doesn't show shipped. So I now have FOUR open orders with Disney and no pins.

Today I called again after they told me yesterday they would re-ship that order. I was now told that they did re-ship, but one of the pins is now - wait for it - you guessed it - SOLD OUT. I am so mad by now that I can't talk.:rant::rant::rant::rant:

So, is anyone else having trouble getting their pins? It's taking 10-14 days to ship them and another day for delivery. Come next Monday, I will have five open orders and a ton of money tied up with a chance that I won't get the merchandise. Somedays it feels like Disney really doesn't want there to be pin collectors anymore.

I'm so frustrated and now I'm with the 1955 MM Club pin that is part of the collection. Guess I'll have to hit the secondary market. Thanks guys for letting me rant. I feel so much better now.:hsd:

Ugh, sorry to hear that! I wanted to start collecting the 110th legacy pins, but the same thing happened to me. It isn't fun trying to collect a set when it is difficult to obtain a few. Hope you get the pins eventually though! :)

This makes absolutely no sense. What happened to these pins? I haven't heard of anyone who got them...there are none on eBay....is it possible that they released it too early and that it simply hasn't arrived at the warehouse? It may be lost with all of those other 110th pins that disappeared when we know they didn't sell out......I'm still waiting on a call back from my order of July 25th...I keep getting the run around on where it is.....what an embarrassment.

Margaret, I'm so sorry to hear about all your issues with the Disney Store people. You are not alone! There have been many, many people expressing these same kinds of issues on the board over the last week.

The good news is that they are now referring to them as 110th Legacy Collection on the website again. I know it isn't much, but at least it's something. :)

I threatened them this morning that if I didn't get all 110 pins I would return the 109 I had to get my money back. That really concerned them a lot that they might be stuck with a lot of pins.

I just hung up with Disney and here is the official scoop. They moved their distribution center and the package pick-up service they use picked up approximately 500 packages and promptly lost them. Those are the missing pins. They know the packages are in the system somewhere and will most likely be delivered sometime in the near future. They are shipping out at no charge replacements for those orders and you can return the pins when they arrive or donate them to charity (or trade them). My replacements are already on the way minus the MM Club pin. So if ANYONE gets the pins from their July 25th order, will you please post it on this board so we know they are starting to show up. Thanks.

I've been reading about a lot of DS.com horror stories, and not just with the pins either. Hope it works out!

I threatened them this morning that if I didn't get all 110 pins I would return the 109 I had to get my money back. That really concerned them a lot that they might be stuck with a lot of pins.

I just hung up with Disney and here is the official scoop. They moved their distribution center and the package pick-up service they use picked up approximately 500 packages and promptly lost them. Those are the missing pins. They know the packages are in the system somewhere and will most likely be delivered sometime in the near future. They are shipping out at no charge replacements for those orders and you can return the pins when they arrive or donate them to charity (or trade them). My replacements are already on the way minus the MM Club pin. So if ANYONE gets the pins from their July 25th order, will you please post it on this board so we know they are starting to show up. Thanks.

I also made the exact same threat last week with an accurate dollar amount they will be refunding in total including taxes and shipping, silence on the other end of the phone call. I have a registered letter ready to go to the Executive Directir of Merchandising. Hold your hat...the Mulan pin is also missing. So off to the office I go tomorrow tomorrow with the letter.

How irritatingly frustrating is that! I guess their move didn't go so smoothly. Sorry that all of you are having to deal with this. I think I will wait a while before I order from ds.com.. :(

This has me seriously worried for the upcoming princess set release...I've only ordered from DS once with no problems, but now I'm nervous!

I've been reading about a lot of DS.com horror stories, and not just with the pins either. Hope it works out!

Yes, I didn't order pins from them recently, but I did order a gift for someone. And I kept getting the wrong item. I mean, I ordered a tshirt, and I kept getting a coffee mug with a completely unrelated character on it. Customer service put in a new order for me THREE times, and I never got the item I actually ordered. I'm really not sure what's going on with them, but I've been having problems with them for *years* now. :( It's very frustrating, and I'm so sorry to those of you who have missing pins. I always feel a little nervous before I order pins from them because of the problems I've had in the past. I hope you all get your missing items.

I also made the exact same threat last week with an accurate dollar amount they will be refunding in total including taxes and shipping, silence on the other end of the phone call. I have a registered letter ready to go to the Executive Directir of Merchandising. Hold your hat...the Mulan pin is also missing. So off to the office I go tomorrow tomorrow with the letter.

OH NO, now I'm going to have a 108th Legacy Collection. This is just getting worse by the second. Now I'm nervous about the new orders I just placed. If I don't get something by Monday, I will have 6, that's right SIX open orders with Disney. That's close to $1000 worth of pins that they owe me. They just better not mess up any more. I can't wait for the Town Hall meeting at the Florida Project. They are going to get and earful from me. Then again, they will probably cancel it if they think they will be a lot of complaining. Typical Disney as of late.

Sorry I sound so bitter, but this is just another nail in the pin trading coffin. Thanks guys and let's keep plowing forward - maybe they will eventually listen to us.

sounds like you need to air this out at pintalk as well since there are disney employees who frequent that site as well...Maybe they do want to get rid of us all, lol?

I am sorry to hear about your shipping problems. I know how stressful it is. But the warehouse situation is just another excuse, their problems were happening long before the warehouse move. Back in the day where I was ordering every Monday, it happened several times. I gave up on Disney.com and just started trading for the pins. I finally decided to try again several months ago during one of their pins sales. I bought the Advent sets (6 pins in a box). I didn't receive a single Advent box, just random single pins... And I knew it was wrong when I saw the package, even before I opened it. No way could advent box sets fit into an LBE. And yes, I got to donate the pins because by then, the Advent sets were.... YUP.... you guessed it...all sold out.

Do NOT get me started on the DS.com bs right now. I am so mad with them I can't stand it.

Back on 7/22 I placed an online order using the friends and family 20% discount and free shipping. I order the 3 9" Vinylmation Robots. A week went by and no shipping. I call them and they say we are running behind on shipping b/c of distribution center moving process. They assure me all 3 are held for me when I express concern that one is now sold out. Well 3 days later I get a sold out notice on that one. Now, it was available on the site for another full day before selling out after I ordered mine so my order was placed in plenty of time. I call and of course I get the "we are so sorry for the inconvenience" crap. I am thinking, ya know, an inconvenience is when you walk out the door and leave something at home and have to run back to get it, or when you go through the drive through and they get your order wrong so you have to go back. Screwing up my order and costing me part of a set that I will now have to pay double the price for on ebay is a heck of a lot more than a simple inconvenience. The supervisor I spoke with ASSURED me that my order was getting ready to be shipped and I would get the other 2 for sure.

Fast forward to 2 days later and you guessed it, ANOTHER email from disney saying that another one was sold out. Now THIS one was available for a full week after my ordering and there is no way it should have been taken from my order when I ordered it in plenty of time. I was highly ticked off. I call again, get the same crap about how they are sorry but it was now sold out. I told them other people who had ordered as much as 2-3 days AFTER me were getting there and that my order should have been processed before those were. I was told b/c I have had several problems in the past with missing or damaged items that my items had to be hand picked especially for me so during that time that mine were being pulled for me others that ordered after me could get through. WHAT??!!!!???!!! OMG, I wanted to scream at her. So, basically b/c you guys screw up, send me damaged items or worse don't include the items at all you are now punishing ME for it?? B/c I have had to call and complain you have marked my account to do this to every order I place. Therefor I will NEVER get an item that is a low edition size b/c you will from now on hold my orders back to be hand picked and let others who placed later than me go on through. WTH? I can't tell you how ticked off I am over this. I told her that was insane and they needed to remove that from my account. She said she would send me over an email to ask the distribution center about it but was not sure if they would do anything. She also said she would check on the shipping and try to get my one freaking vinyl that was left on the order out to me asap. Remember this order was placed 18 days ago and still no shipping on it. She said I would hear back from her on what she found out about the shipping within 2 hours at most. That was first thing yesterday morning. Do you think I ever heard anything? NOPE!! I am so beyond fed up with them right now that I can't stand it. I don't know what I will do about the Princess set coming out as I know if they hold that order back I will loose any chance of getting it. I could cry I am so frustrated with them.

What also really gets me ticked off about the vinyls is that I had to make 3 special trips to the ds to get the special Artist signed 5x7 cards for them. They were very hard to get in most areas but I managed to get in and get all 3 artists cards for each of my 3 9" Vinyls. So NOW I have the 3 cards and no vinyls to put them with.

This is what I get for being a long time Disney customer. Wow! Just total BS I tell you!!

Margaret, I sure hope you get all of your pins.

Same kinds of issues here. My 7/25 order arrived with only one pin from the train set. Supposedly I have another one coming but it doesn't show as shipped. I have another open order that included the MMC 55 pin. You know I'm a school teacher and a large amount of my income is tied up in pins. Then to not be able to get what I ordered?? NUTS!! Sorry to hear about your travails. At least they told you what was going on so you could relay some info here. It was infuriating info of course. How could they loose 500 BOXES!!

Do NOT get me started on the DS.com bs right now. I am so mad with them I can't stand it.

Back on 7/22 I placed an online order using the friends and family 20% discount and free shipping. I order the 3 9" Vinylmation Robots. A week went by and no shipping. I call them and they say we are running behind on shipping b/c of distribution center moving process. They assure me all 3 are held for me when I express concern that one is now sold out. Well 3 days later I get a sold out notice on that one. Now, it was available on the site for another full day before selling out after I ordered mine so my order was placed in plenty of time. I call and of course I get the "we are so sorry for the inconvenience" crap. I am thinking, ya know, an inconvenience is when you walk out the door and leave something at home and have to run back to get it, or when you go through the drive through and they get your order wrong so you have to go back. Screwing up my order and costing me part of a set that I will now have to pay double the price for on ebay is a heck of a lot more than a simple inconvenience. The supervisor I spoke with ASSURED me that my order was getting ready to be shipped and I would get the other 2 for sure.

Fast forward to 2 days later and you guessed it, ANOTHER email from disney saying that another one was sold out. Now THIS one was available for a full week after my ordering and there is no way it should have been taken from my order when I ordered it in plenty of time. I was highly ticked off. I call again, get the same crap about how they are sorry but it was now sold out. I told them other people who had ordered as much as 2-3 days AFTER me were getting there and that my order should have been processed before those were. I was told b/c I have had several problems in the past with missing or damaged items that my items had to be hand picked especially for me so during that time that mine were being pulled for me others that ordered after me could get through. WHAT??!!!!???!!! OMG, I wanted to scream at her. So, basically b/c you guys screw up, send me damaged items or worse don't include the items at all you are now punishing ME for it?? B/c I have had to call and complain you have marked my account to do this to every order I place. Therefor I will NEVER get an item that is a low edition size b/c you will from now on hold my orders back to be hand picked and let others who placed later than me go on through. WTH? I can't tell you how ticked off I am over this. I told her that was insane and they needed to remove that from my account. She said she would send me over an email to ask the distribution center about it but was not sure if they would do anything. She also said she would check on the shipping and try to get my one freaking vinyl that was left on the order out to me asap. Remember this order was placed 18 days ago and still no shipping on it. She said I would hear back from her on what she found out about the shipping within 2 hours at most. That was first thing yesterday morning. Do you think I ever heard anything? NOPE!! I am so beyond fed up with them right now that I can't stand it. I don't know what I will do about the Princess set coming out as I know if they hold that order back I will loose any chance of getting it. I could cry I am so frustrated with them.

What also really gets me ticked off about the vinyls is that I had to make 3 special trips to the ds to get the special Artist signed 5x7 cards for them. They were very hard to get in most areas but I managed to get in and get all 3 artists cards for each of my 3 9" Vinyls. So NOW I have the 3 cards and no vinyls to put them with.

This is what I get for being a long time Disney customer. Wow! Just total BS I tell you!!

Margaret, I sure hope you get all of your pins.

Girrrrrrrl..... I am so pi$$ed for you after reading this!

I also have an order NOT shipped from July. I can't even form words about that mess right now..... >=[

is it the pin world that they are holding hostage the pin while getting the interest since it's pay before buy not charge when shipped? If I buy a shirt for my son, does the same issues happen?? Or if I buy their new Marvel item, will I receive it the next day??

Just a thought to ponder. It sound like the Doctors office. Pay your copayment and just sit and wait until your called.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back