• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Disney Store does it to collectors AGAIN!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disney Store does it to collectors AGAIN!!
Oh dear, this all sounds dreadful! I hope they get their act together soon. you woudn't have thought it would be really difficult for such a large company to be able to handle a few orders for pins really!

Well, this morning I passed mad, flew by steamed, rolled by truly pissed off and have enter unknown territory of anger. I got a shipping notice for the order placed on July 25th and out of 7 items, they are shipping 2. That's right folks, 2 items out of seven. I was shaking I was so mad and had to hang up before I made threats to do bodily harm. Then they said it was a computer malfunction and they would - you guessed it - reship the order. Well, I'm sure by now even more pins are sold out. I'm so mad that I no longer have any expectations of ever getting anything. So whatever I do get will be a true surprise.

WOW! This is all crazy. I have never had any problems at all ordering from the disneystore.com. I just place my order online and get a shipment confirmation in a couple of days. That's it. I have never had an occasion to call them for an order update.
Maybe calling them causes more confusion then just letting the order run its course. :confused:

Well, this morning I passed mad, flew by steamed, rolled by truly pissed off and have enter unknown territory of anger. I got a shipping notice for the order placed on July 25th and out of 7 items, they are shipping 2. That's right folks, 2 items out of seven. I was shaking I was so mad and had to hang up before I made threats to do bodily harm. Then they said it was a computer malfunction and they would - you guessed it - reship the order. Well, I'm sure by now even more pins are sold out. I'm so mad that I no longer have any expectations of ever getting anything. So whatever I do get will be a true surprise.

I got the same notice 2 of 7 - but when I checked the invoice at disneystore.com it had all 7 items as being shipped. You might check there too and cross your fingers, toes and whatever other body parts can be crossed.

I'm giving up, throwing in the towel, walking away, moving on, etc., etc. I no longer have any expectations of getting any pins from them at this point. I thought by waiting at least three weeks I was giving them time to ship them, but no more. If I don't have a notice in 6 business days I'm calling. This sold out stuff if stupid. I placed my order the day of release at 12:42 am. I should have received one of those pins the minute they realized the 500 packages were missing. I feel so sorry for people who don't call and will never get anything from Disney. If I hadn't called, I doubt they would have said or done anything about it. So I give up - they win.

Well the first two of three orders arrived today....one was the D23 train set....and it was complete..whew....
My second order from the same day....included the two Cars 2 sets, the Lightning/Mater 110th pin, the That Darn Cat Pin and the Mickey takes a trip pin.....they shipped all but the Lightning/Mater 110th pin....due to limited availability.....my online tracking shows that it was shipped .... I haven't checked the credit card that closely..but UGGGHHHHH what the heck...where are all of those pins...they aren't on eBay and I don't see them for trade on pinpics...are they in that lot of 500 packages that someone lost (stole or confiscated)....I am sooo annoyed....

My third of the three orders (ordered on August 1st) shipped today to be delivered tomorrow....wonder what will be missing from that one??? It has an Alice and a Tink pin.....what are those odds??

Oh yes....and the rest of the story...the pin they failed to ship to me due to unavailability....is still able to put in your cart on the online store...should I jsut try to order it again?

I know this might not help a whole lot, but when I had a problem with ds.com messing up my orders I had called multiple times and got no help beyond the original person who answered the call. But when I sent an email to the address that was listed on the "Sorry your order is sold out" email, I received a response within a few hours, AND a phone call from an upper manager asking for me to call them back to help resolve the problem. Needless to say it was resolved within about 2 days, and he went above and beyond to make everything better. And another member here told me once that from their experience they had their email concerns answered much quicker and to a better ending result then when they called. Has anyone tried sending an email instead of calling? Just a thought...

Ok so after two and a half weeks waiting for my package to arrive (no pins) the box came crushed and when i opened it my four less expensive items are all there, but of corse my Disney Dooney and Bourke Sketch wristlet is missing. There was a letter laying in the box that stated "...Unfortunately, as your order was being prepared for shipment, we discovered we had insufficient inventory on the item(s) listed below and they are no longer available..." I went online right away and saw that the wristlet was still available at full price and at first thought that since I got the wristlet on sale that Disney was trying to get more money out of me. BUT after rereading the letter I noticed spelling errors, no Disney Heading, and the fake email address of Guest.Services@DisneyShopping.com. Um thats very unlike Disney I thought, so I took out all the stuffing out of the, now apparent, broken into book and found a sticker stuck to the bottom. The sticker has all FIVE of the items I bought typed out. The wristlet's number has been scratched out with a -1 next to it, the date and time is 7/30 6:45 am. The packing slip has only the four items typed out BUT the total is still the amount it would be with the wristlet! They emailed me on 8/2 with the package is on its way letter but the wristlet's number is missing.
So after deciding that this letter is fake and the wristlet has been taken I called the Guest Service. They said that someone marked my wristlet as returned and they will send me a new one. They also gave me a number to fax and give the information to someone named Lee at Disney. I sent yesterday, My Shipping slip, a letter explaining what I think is going on, a picture of the sticker, and the letter. I have not gotten a response and would really like a phone call from them to better explain what I think is going on. Those 500 packages that have "gone missing" I don't think are going to show up anytime soon. SO if it is true that someone working at disney is stealing all these things I'm very worried about what will happen to all future orders and these missing LE pins.

Has anyone else gotten this letter or seen anything fishy like this? Any Company and Disney, would try to hide this from the costumers and say something like, oh just 500 packages went missing. I think that I should call again or something but again I don't think they would want to talk to me about something that could be really bad for their company. I think that if it is true that someone working for the company is doing this, it is horrible for both us and Disney. So any thoughts about this? Did anyone else get this letter? Should I call again or just trust they got the letter? DO you think that it is possible that everything thats gone wrong with the orders is because of a thief? Thanks.

After I have seen many disney shopping items including pins sell on ebay AND be shipped before the "official" release i think they didnt go "missing" but were walked out the back door by an employee to end up in a "friends" hands and sold on the secondary market. Having been an unwitting buyer of one "early" release that was shipped to me with all the correct packing and then compared later side by side with a pin that was "officially" released and mine was proven REAL not a scrapper or counterfit pin. i can totaly see that happening especially now in this economy. I just wish disney would have this under better control.

Wow, so sorry to hear of everyone's horrible experiences. I say it's time for a petition to be sent to DS.com!

Wow,... This whole thread just stopped me dead in my tracks with horror. I was going to make a rather large purchace on the site and now, I'm not... Thank You All for the Heads Up! :/

Well, I got my email from DS.com this morning with the list of what was shipped yesterday...and yes once again a pin short (although my credit card was charged full price) and it's the Oliver and Company pin....really ...this one sold out???? Not Alice or Tink....but this one? Something fishy is going on and I seriously think a large number of the 7/25 releases were stolen and that's why things are so short...but I'm seriously angry at this garbage...especially since they charged my card!

Welcome to my world. If 100% of the pins are missing, then only 5 people will ever have a complete set. Disney is selling an LE5 frame with all 110 pins. I'm sure it will be in the $2,500 to $3,000 range, but apparently that is the only way you will get all 110 pins. Unless someone steals the frames.

As a word of caution, be sure to check your amount billed to your card against the actual amount of the shipment. They charged me for all 7 pins and now, that's right, you guessed it, they will have to issue me a credit that could take 7-10 days. So now they are resorting to out and out theft of our money. No end in sight. I'm just so tired of being lied to, pushed around and fed B******* that I could scream. I think I'll go outside and do some Tai Chi to calm myself down.

Add me to the list....I ordered the Oliver & Company 110th Legacy pin and when I got my shipping info that pin was missing. It is now showing as SOLD OUT but in my order tracking it says it was shipped and I was charged for it. :dunno:

And to boot, when I sign in the top banner says "Welcome, Walt".....uhhh, ok?

Oh my, I think I will refrain from ordering. It sounds like there is definitely something fishy going on, or at least, a lot of different issues creating the perfect storm of problems. For those of you that the pins are missing from the boxes you receive, but are on the packing list, are they at least refunding your money? Thank you for posting this so we all can "buyer beware" for a little while. I wonder if it is just collectibles having this problem or if all types of items have been having these isues. I really want to order the Snow White t's they have on the site...

I just got an email from them saying I left something in my cart when I havent ordered from them since the last sale! I went & checked & my cart's empty & after reading about everyone else's problems, I dont think I will be ordering from them for a while even though I really want the That Darn Cat pin but was waiting to order it because I was hoping the pins that disappeared from the site would show back up but sadly it doesnt look like that will be the case which makes me sad because I REALLY wanted the Si & Am in the basket one!

Good luck to everyone that is waiting on orders/dealing with so many problems right now..I hope you get everything you ordered!

In the past 36 hours, I have gotten "shipped e-mails" from Disney for all of my outstanding orders (07/25, 08/01 & 08/08). The invoices at disneystore.com show all of the pins I ordered were shipped, but in the e-mails not all of the pins were listed. Guess I'll discover what's in the boxes when they start showing up next week...

I just got an email from them saying I left something in my cart when I havent ordered from them since the last sale! I went & checked & my cart's empty & after reading about everyone else's problems, I dont think I will be ordering from them for a while even though I really want the That Darn Cat pin but was waiting to order it because I was hoping the pins that disappeared from the site would show back up but sadly it doesnt look like that will be the case which makes me sad because I REALLY wanted the Si & Am in the basket one!

Good luck to everyone that is waiting on orders/dealing with so many problems right now..I hope you get everything you ordered!

Sometimes those e-mails get generated when you put something in your cart and then take it back out (just to see if it is still available and you can really order it).

Welcome to my world. If 100% of the pins are missing, then only 5 people will ever have a complete set. Disney is selling an LE5 frame with all 110 pins. I'm sure it will be in the $2,500 to $3,000 range, but apparently that is the only way you will get all 110 pins. Unless someone steals the frames.

As a word of caution, be sure to check your amount billed to your card against the actual amount of the shipment. They charged me for all 7 pins and now, that's right, you guessed it, they will have to issue me a credit that could take 7-10 days. So now they are resorting to out and out theft of our money. No end in sight. I'm just so tired of being lied to, pushed around and fed B******* that I could scream. I think I'll go outside and do some Tai Chi to calm myself down.

The Framed set is $2000 and according to another site, it will be available at the D23 Expo Disney Store :eek2:

Maybe I should just return all my unopened pins and buy the framed set. But it would probably get lost in shipping or be sold out just as placed my order. I'm disgusted, discouraged, disappointed and down right ticked off.

I really could scream. My 7/22 order STILL has not shipped. This is complete bs! How can a huge company like this be so screwed up? How long does it really take to send an order out. To top it all off they put the charges for all 3 of the vinyls back on there when 2 had been taken off b/c they are sold out. I just don't have the energy to call them again but they assured me they were putting a rush on my order to get it shipped out and this was several days ago but of course nothing has changed. I can only imagine how ticked off you all are who were trying to get the full 110th set. That will be horrible if nobody is able to complete it b/c of their screw ups! :(

Just learned that Lock, Shock and Barrel are MIA as is Mulan. So we are down to a 107 pins for the 110th Legacy Collection. This just made my day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back