• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Disney Store does it to collectors AGAIN!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disney Store does it to collectors AGAIN!!
This whole thing just sucks! my theory is that there's people working in were they ship the items just changing orders so it looks like items are sold out. It's Disney one of the biggest companies in the world they aren't accidentally over ordering, there's pins that are being taken. Its really bad that the missing pins are from this set, what's the point to collect the set if you will never be able to complete it. and of course the Mulan one is gone, she doesn't have enough pins as it is,oh well :( I hope everyone here that is missing stuff gets there money back or the items show up soon. And hopefully Disney figures out what is going on soon.

OK, so Lightning McQueen and Mater Cars pin is also sold out. So I'm now down to 106th Legacy Collection. I'm just going to return them all and give up. It's not worth the effort to try to get a pin.

I just got off the phone. I'm missing Oliver & Co, plus Lightning & Mater.....however, they managed to charge me for them. I called and they say that Oliver & Co is still available so they are trying to reorder it.....we know it's not, but what the heck. I guess I call back next week to complain about that. the Lightning & Mater is showing as sold out and they assure me that a credit was issued today and should show up back on my gift card tomorrow......we shall see.

I'm so glad I'm not trying for the whole set....I'd be livid. The threat to return them is a good one....except that I fear they won't let you...pins are considered collectibles and DS has a 30 day limit on the return of collectibles.....I tried to return a pin at day 32 one time and they refused to take it back.

This drama....

Last edited:
I'm taking mine to the Florida Project and personally handing them back to whoever is in charge of the Town Hall Meeting. Maybe if I publicly embarass them they will get the hint. I'm writing a letter directed to the Disney Company Board of Directors to let them know the situation. I'm just so discouraged that I don't ever want to see a Disney pin again.

I wonder if it is just collectibles having this problem or if all types of items have been having these isues. I really want to order the Snow White t's they have on the site...

Hi, Katherine! We ordered some vinylmations a couple weeks ago. They actually shipped out relatively quickly. The box on one of vinyl sets was dented in but the other one was fine. I had ordered one mystery pack of pins along with it but it shipped separately a few days later. I thought it was really odd for them to ship them separately. DH also ordered 2 mystery packs of pins but he still has not received a shipping notification for them even though we ordered on the same day. I'm not sure what is going on at the new warehouse. I saw that they have the Fox and the Hound D23 up now and few other pins I want it but I am not confident that DS.com will handle the order well after reading this thread. So, I'm with you. I think I will refrain from making another order at this time as well.

OK some better news to post. All of my pin orders have been received. I have completed the inventory against PixarPeril’s Master List, this is the breakdown (for a lack of better words, I know I’m close):

· a couple of pins have been skipped in the releases, we all knew that
· I did receive the Lock, Shock and Barrel pin even after I was told it was sold out…???maybe there is some hope
· Officially posted for purchase but now “Sold Out†or lost is
o Mulan
o Lightning & Mater
o MM Club 1955 Premier
· Pins remaining in the collection: 30 pins for release + the 3 missing pins

If anyone receives any of the three missing pins it would be great to know if there are any out there being delivered and received.

We have two extra pins: the Ursula and the Pocahontas. Once all the chaos is over maybe the people that are trying to collect the entire set can all help each other complete sets with all the extras floating around. I am going to reserve these pins for this specifically.

Good Luck Guys,
Liana

So did you get the Oliver and Company? I've seen some other posts and so far no one seems to have it. Out of the 110 pins, we have four (4) that are MIA and 30 to be released. So we are going to have a 110th Legacy collection with 106 pins. Pretty silly if you ask me. Maybe Monday will bring us some good news.

Apparently I will have an extra Pocahontas if anyone needs one. Ursula is now sold out. They did tell me today that there might be a change (admitedly a long one) that Mulan has been found. We shall see.

Last edited:
So far you are the only person who got an Oliver and Company. Now they are saying they are sold out. Maybe Monday will bring me some good news.

I've been told that I will get an Oliver and Company too....but I wonder if that is an excuse to not refund my $....I called twice now and they keep saying "yes it is in process" but seriously it is showing as sold out....so I don't know how they can ship it.....it took me several days to get the money refunded for the Lightning and Mater pin that didn't ship...they first sent me an electronic gift card for my "return" and I called them and said "no way, for shame...this was not a "return" this was you were not able to fulfil my order, you should NOT have charged my credit card for this...I want my refund in the original method of payment" and finally two days later got the refund. I'm going to have to get ugly with them on the Oliver pin, since we all know they don't have one to ship me and it hasn't shipped yet....

I'm so sick of them and their bull**** .... but every time I say I'm going to quit their pins, I don't...but this time I'm close and if I have to call Chase Disney Visa and complain, I'm going to be so upset.

I got my 07/25 & 08/01 orders today and the 5 of the 7 pins I ordered in the 07/25 group were not shipped (MM Club, Abu & Carpet, Aladdin & Snake, Cars: Lightning McQueen & Mater, and Oliver & Co) - but I was charged for 3 pins instead of 2. I called and they took care of the problem right away. The cast member that I talked with didn't have any information on the missing pins. I did see a few days ago that the Abu & Aladdin could still be ordered, so I re-ordered them. There is still one more in-transit order which includes the Mulan pin (which I suspect was not shipped). We can only hope the missing pins eventually show up again on the site. I'm going to the D23 Expo and if I find a disneystore.com rep, I may see about having a chat about the problems we have been having.

Welcome to my world of Disney Shopping nightmares. yesterday I did receive a box with - are you ready - ANOTHER Pochahontas pin!!! Just what I didn't need, two of them. Still no MM Club, Mulan, Oliver, Cars or Abu. I also ordered another Abu in hopes that I might be at least one. Disney keeps saying they are aware they is a problem and are working to get the pins out to those who ordered them. I asked them how they could ship pins that they couldn't even find? No answer. I've been escalated just about a far as I can go and I'm hoping my orders from Monday actually ship. I down to four open orders and hopefully by Monday I will have been able to close a couple of them. They have billed me for all the pins and I'm hoping to get my money back if the pins don't come.

Welcome to my world of Disney Shopping nightmares. yesterday I did receive a box with - are you ready - ANOTHER Pochahontas pin!!! Just what I didn't need, two of them. Still no MM Club, Mulan, Oliver, Cars or Abu. I also ordered another Abu in hopes that I might be at least one. Disney keeps saying they are aware they is a problem and are working to get the pins out to those who ordered them. I asked them how they could ship pins that they couldn't even find? No answer. I've been escalated just about a far as I can go and I'm hoping my orders from Monday actually ship. I down to four open orders and hopefully by Monday I will have been able to close a couple of them. They have billed me for all the pins and I'm hoping to get my money back if the pins don't come.

The CC refunds on my two orders that were short pins appeared a few days ago (the 1st order was shipped last week and I received it today. I got a Post Office shipping notice email for the second one this morning). The hand written paperwork that came with the package missing the 5 pins listed that it was short the Pochahontas (in the box) instead of the Abu & Carpet (not in the box), but the shipping invoice had the correct pins and the numbers worked out correctly (taking into account the missing Mickey Mouse Club pin that I was charged for).

I'm still waiting for my pins or my refund. So far the only refund I've gotten was the Mulan pin. I did get the Abu and Carpet pin that was the second order I placed. Didn't get it from the first. No Oliver, Cars, Mulan or MM Club. I'm ever hopeful since they appear so reluctant to refund my money. I did get a notice that my order from this Monday had shipped so that's some improvement if it's actually true. They keep promising me they are processing the order for Oliver and Cars but I think they are lying. I do have two Pochahontas and an extra Abu (I'll have two if the original one actually shows up). They know they have royally messed up and I think they don't know what to do.

In regards to refunds reissued in an inappropriate form use the words "monetary fraud" it should move along the refund process and you are correct to speak about reporting them to Chase and in association with Chase speak about fraud on the part of Disney.

I've been told that I will get an Oliver and Company too....but I wonder if that is an excuse to not refund my $....I called twice now and they keep saying "yes it is in process" but seriously it is showing as sold out....so I don't know how they can ship it.....it took me several days to get the money refunded for the Lightning and Mater pin that didn't ship...they first sent me an electronic gift card for my "return" and I called them and said "no way, for shame...this was not a "return" this was you were not able to fulfil my order, you should NOT have charged my credit card for this...I want my refund in the original method of payment" and finally two days later got the refund. I'm going to have to get ugly with them on the Oliver pin, since we all know they don't have one to ship me and it hasn't shipped yet....

I'm so sick of them and their bull**** .... but every time I say I'm going to quit their pins, I don't...but this time I'm close and if I have to call Chase Disney Visa and complain, I'm going to be so upset.

Well, I got a shipping notice today....but neither my order with Oliver (which went from closed to active last week when they "said" they could ship Oliver) or my order from Monday has tracking info on it yet....but since the new process, the order tracking online is behind the UPS notice by at least a day. I will likely get my email notice (which could be right or not!) tomorrow....so either my pins I ordered this week have shipped already (unlikely) or I really am getting Oliver....now if I can just figure out what happened to Lightning and Mater.....I'm good...but since that one is still no where to be found...I'm guessing that those are in someone's garage or are lost in the warehouse....

Just got the shipping notice and had to update...it's for this week's order....which appears to be complete...although who can know for sure until it arrives...which will be while I'm in California..the Oliver & Co pin is still up in smoke now...although the order where it was housed is now back listed as closed again...I just sent a scathing email stating I wanted either my pin shipped or my money...it they don't have it fine...just refund the money! How hard is this....

Last edited:
Apparently this is all very hard for Disney. The warehouse isn't talking to the order desk and so no one know exactly what is in the warehouse. AND, my last order was posted from Atlanta, GA not from Tenn. So what's with that???? Is there now a "secret" warehouse that has "hidden" merchandise? This is just too much for me.

I was checking out the ds.com website and some of the older pins like Stromboli are appearing again. Maybe they are finally finding all that backstock and getting it inventoried and ready for sale. It might not be a bad time to call about the recent missing pins and seeing if they have found them.

Well this was a bit of a surprise to me. I was expecting the Jasmine pin to arrive yesterday, but I opened the box and found Aladdin/Jafar and Abu/Carpet instead. I'm so glad those two finally made it, but now should I be worrying about the Jasmine one, as apparently it hasn't shipped yet?

I checked ds.com this morning and noticed that the Mulan pin is back up. I was tempted, but after all the problems everyone's had, I passed.

I placed two separate orders several hours apart for the Mulan pin. Maybe I'll get at least one of them. I'm giving myself a 50/50 chance. So now we are down to missing:
MM Club 1955
Oliver and Company
Abu and Carpet

I did get a cars pin yesterday if one of the worst packaging jobs I've ever seen. It was nothing short of a miracle it didn't fall out of the box.

LIGHTNING MCQUEEN AND MATER ARE BACK ON THE SITE!!! HURRY AND GET ONE

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back