• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Disney Store does it to collectors AGAIN!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disney Store does it to collectors AGAIN!!
I recently ordered a 9-inch vinylmation and it came with the box torn open and all dented up. I'm very frustrated with how DS is being run, especially when it was so obvious that they shouldn't be selling something in that condition.

A bunch of the older pins popped back up today, including Beauty on the Bookcase, The Creation of Snow White, the Walt tribute pins with him at the Drawing board and with Ichabod and Mr. Toad, Pinocchio with the multi-plane camera, Jungle Book, Bugs Life, the Queen of Hearts, the Brave Little Tailor and some long gone D23 fab five shield pins. Oh, and the Oliver and Dodger mentioned above. Definately worth checking out if you missed any of these pins and want to grab 'em quick.

So, apparently, the package I ordered on Monday will get here on Tuesday (not too bad, considering Labor Day, I guess)...but what was funny was the side trip it took to Alabama. UPS...yeesh. I know people complain about the USPS, but I haven't had nearly the issues with them that I have with UPS, and at least I get my stuff the week I order it with USPS.

So, apparently, the package I ordered on Monday will get here on Tuesday (not too bad, considering Labor Day, I guess)...but what was funny was the side trip it took to Alabama. UPS...yeesh. I know people complain about the USPS, but I haven't had nearly the issues with them that I have with UPS, and at least I get my stuff the week I order it with USPS.

The one I ordered on Monday has a tracking number that still does not show up when I attempt to track it.

Well I broke down and ordered my first 110th Legacy pin...yes the Little Mermaid one...but I thought it had sold out...so i guess I got lucky huh! lol We will see in what condition it comes in! :)

+1. My order that I placed last Saturday had a delivery date of today by the end of the day. But I got an email this morning saying an "exception" was made and now there is no confirmed delivery date. The exception reason was "late train at 11:30pm in Dallas Texas". And I placed an order Monday morning for the Ariel doll when I found out my local stores were sold out, and it didn't get shipped out until today! So now I have a delivery date for the Doll of next Friday! :down:

The one I ordered on Monday has a tracking number that still does not show up when I attempt to track it.

The same thing happened to me few months ago right around the sale time when I had ordered princess carriage pins. I called their customer service and I was told that although the carrier shows as UPS, in reality they are using a different discount carrier and the customers are not able to track it themselves. Some silly thing, but they had told me the expected delivery date and my pins indeed came safely and they were nicely packed too.

Call them to double check, it never hurts.

Same with mine, it says it was deivered to UPS 8/31 with a tracking number I still havent been able to access. The one good thing about it coming UPS is I'm in an apartment & they will deliver to my door, USPS I have to pick up the package because it wont fit in my mailbox.

Got the first of 2 orders placed this week. All 5 pins ordered made in the box (4 new ones and a returning pin to the site):

[pinpics]85307[/pinpics]: DisneyStore.com - 110th Legacy Collection - Sorcerer Mickey Mouse
[pinpics]86246[/pinpics]: DisneyStore.com - 110th Legacy Collection - ''Dragon Around'' Chip an' Dale
[pinpics]86247[/pinpics]: DisneyStore.com - 110th Legacy Collection - Lilo and Stitch
[pinpics]86248[/pinpics]: DisneyStore.com - 110th Legacy Collection - The Princess and the Frog
[pinpics]86249[/pinpics]: DisneyStore.com - 110th Legacy Collection - Who Framed Roger Rabbit

Big box, no packing material whatsoever, but the pins made it just fine. Something odd though, on the inside of the box, there is a sticker, that looks like was signed off by different people as they put the pins in the box as it has Sku#, Location, and QTY headers, with the 5 pins listed, and then initials signed to the right of these.

I will have to echo Broncobilly83's recent post.

My order was placed on Monday, a mix of 3 park pins as well as 3 of the LE Disney 110th series - including the newly released Jessica.

Based on packing sheet data, my order was placed on 8/29/2011. However, my order was "pulled" 8/30/2011 8:22am. As we well know, a lot of things can happen to a popular pin order in 24 hours. In ye olden days before limits, pins could sell out in under 15 minutes and even with limits be gone in hours if popular enough. I suspect this delay was contributing to the "oversold" pin problems. While it is unrealistic to expect them to pull the orders instantly, and a day may not be an unreasonable period, without a strong computer inventory control this problem could explode again if a really popular pin pops up. (Say LE Halloween Jessica / Tinker Bell / Cheshire / Alice / Princess in costume)

Box arrived today. Not bad time for leaving the plant on 8/30 and going to the opposite end of the US.

But on the other hand, the box was entirely too large for the order. I suspect some bean counters drive for standardization and "efficiency" has again overruled common sense. Apparently the money saved by having 2 or 3 standard sized box exceeded the money saved on postage by using packaging sized to the order. They also saved a fortune by not utilizing any packing material. Not even a single scrap of paper, bubble wrap, air cell cushioning was utilized to prevent the pins from being bounced around inside the box. Now they are metal, and tougher than we like to admit. But I'll attribute their excellent condition to the care of the Postal service / UPS delivery people and not the shipper. Had I not gotten free shipping/handling, I would be EXTREMELY upset at paying $8.95 for a bruised pins and a box of empty air.

I also found the forementioned secondary pull sheet and initialed check list. From the quality control perspective, I like this. It means that a human pulled and confirmed the order before it went out the door. It also provides accountability if somethign is missing. Now we know where to look for the missing items. it also tells me that some of the problems in unfulfilled orders or mispacked orders is suspected to be due to shrinkage. A polite business euphanism for damage and internal theft of merchandise. Ideally this program should put an end to some of that.

Overall score 8 of 10.

I can't really complain. Pins were swiftly shipped. They arrived intact. My order was correct. But there is room for improvement on packaging both in terms of box size and ensuring that pins are undamaged in transit.

Got the first of 2 orders placed this week. All 5 pins ordered made in the box (4 new ones and a returning pin to the site):

[pinpics]85307[/pinpics]: DisneyStore.com - 110th Legacy Collection - Sorcerer Mickey Mouse
[pinpics]86246[/pinpics]: DisneyStore.com - 110th Legacy Collection - ''Dragon Around'' Chip an' Dale
[pinpics]86247[/pinpics]: DisneyStore.com - 110th Legacy Collection - Lilo and Stitch
[pinpics]86248[/pinpics]: DisneyStore.com - 110th Legacy Collection - The Princess and the Frog
[pinpics]86249[/pinpics]: DisneyStore.com - 110th Legacy Collection - Who Framed Roger Rabbit

Big box, no packing material whatsoever, but the pins made it just fine. Something odd though, on the inside of the box, there is a sticker, that looks like was signed off by different people as they put the pins in the box as it has Sku#, Location, and QTY headers, with the 5 pins listed, and then initials signed to the right of these.

They started with the inside stickers when the distribution center was moved to Memphis.

I'm just so tired of the Disney Shopping madness. First you place the order, then the email comes saying they are sold out, then the shipping notice comes that they are shipping (huh, thought they were sold out???), then the cancellation for the shipping notice arrives, then ANOTHER email saying that my order has shipped. So I guess it will be a surprise when the box gets here (if it ever does).

I do have to agree that the box size is way too big for what's inside. I got a box yesterday with my doll and some pins and the tape didn't even close the box. I was lucky nothing fell out. One air cushion in the box. Wonder why they stopped using packing material, saving money at the expense of replacing lost pins? Makes no financial sense to me. I've had two packages that it was a just plain miracle the pins arrived in the box. Disney - get your act together and do it quick.

I also like the little sticker inside the box. I'm wondering where the list comes from, because it can't be the order. It must be the picker or puller puts it together???? But they are making some progress. Oliver and Dodger were actually on the website. I'm holding out some hope for the MM Club pin and checking the secondary markets daily. Maybe a year from now they will start showing up.

They also saved a fortune by not utilizing any packing material. Not even a single scrap of paper, bubble wrap, air cell cushioning was utilized to prevent the pins from being bounced around inside the box.

Or maybe they stuck every last single air cushion they had in my box. :( The box that came to me Friday was SO stuffed with air cushions (probably about 15 of them) that the top busted open. It was delivered to me with the air cushions hanging out and the tape broken on the top. Both top flaps of the box completely open. And the box was massive. For 2 pins. Both pins made it okay. But I've never seen anything so poorly packaged in my life, and I do a *lot* of online shopping.

I concur, I wonder why Disney works with UPS...they are SO slow. I ordered my Designer Ariel dolls at 11am on Monday morning, and it's going to take till next thursday to get them to las vegas........... >_>
They were in Texas on the first of september and left the same day!!!! They should have been here by now GRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!

Disney uses a service called Shipping Innovations. Packages are picked up by UPS and handed off the USPS for delivery. They say it saves money since the post office delivers the packages with regular mail delivery. That's how they lost the first 1,000 packages and have no idea where they are. If you call Disney ask them what Shipping Innovations does or ask you mailman. My postman explained the process to me and Disney confirmed it.

OK, so Disney is trying to convince me that in 19 minutes, they sold out of Buzz Lightyear (new one) and Oogie Boogie. I'm sorry, but I just do NOT believe that. What is going on with them. Then they tell me at in that same 19 minutes, they sold out of the Mulan doll. Sorry, but 6,000 dolls in 19 minutes. NO WAY. What do I do now, give up on the collection? I'm so close to the end it's going to be hard to make a decision. So come on fellow traders - help me get my mind straightened out.​

Then they tell me at in that same 19 minutes, they sold out of the Mulan doll. Sorry, but 6,000 dolls in 19 minutes. NO WAY.

There were still some Mulan dolls when I woke up around 5 am with CT this morning (yeah, I am an early riser) but LE 6000 is not just US, it is global as per UK Disney web site. Now, what other country is in that "global" other than US and UK, I have no idea about that.

I think I have also seen Ooogie Booogie this morning, but did not click on its actual pic, so I am not sure if it was sold out or not.

Sorry Margaret, it is a wonderful collection but it looks like it has been causing a lot of frustration for you & others. I am still mourning Bambi & Thumper pin :(

1 of the london store's sells the dolls same goes for the dublin store here in Ireland and I believe other than UK website it is then mainly the US who get them

Margaret, I just checked and both the pin and the doll are sold out. It is impossible, I know. So call back in a little while. Sometimes they do this when stuff is lost and they cannot find it. Then all of a sudden, it will appear again. Knowing how much you want them, that is what I would do.

I'm so frustrated at this point I'm deciding whether I should just give up or keep plowing away. Hopefully in a few days someone will be trading for them and I can get one. I'm just so mad at Disney lately that this is not even fun anymore. I'm working on it, but they really need to get their act together.

the global locations are the rest of Europe that the disney UK website ships to (not just UK) plus all the global locations the US website ships to

I realize that they are worldwide, but if the website fills orders in the order they are received, I should have received a doll since they were still on the site after that time. That's what ticks me off. They lie, lie, and lie again. So if I can find a Mulan doll at a reasonable price, I'm done with them. Too much hassle and I hate getting up at 3 AM anyway. That's probably why I'm so cranky today:)

OK, so Disney is trying to convince me that in 19 minutes, they sold out of Buzz Lightyear (new one) and Oogie Boogie. I'm sorry, but I just do NOT believe that. What is going on with them. Then they tell me at in that same 19 minutes, they sold out of the Mulan doll. Sorry, but 6,000 dolls in 19 minutes. NO WAY. What do I do now, give up on the collection? I'm so close to the end it's going to be hard to make a decision. So come on fellow traders - help me get my mind straightened out.​

Oogie-Boogie and Buzz Lightyear came out last week (09/05) and as others have said, the Princess Designer dolls are available at physical Disney Stores, disneystore.com & disneystore.co.uk. I would guess there are no more than a few hundred that are available thru the internet stores. A link to a list of stores that carry the Mulan doll was posted in the Designer Princess thread in the Everything Goes / Disney Chat section.

What I fail to understand, and I have pointed this out to Disney numerous times: Why do they not invest in either writing new code or buy the code needed to created a quantity driven shopping cart. Like in the case of most of the 110th Legacy pins, they are LE250s. Most companies hold 10% back for lost or damaged orders, so that leaves 225 left. With a quantity driven shopping cart, if all 225 are in other people's shopping carts, then the 226th person will see sold out. Plus once it is in your cart, it will stay there for a standard time or until check-out so you will not have someone else buying it out of your cart. These simple changes would help with a lot of the grief and frustration we all have been feeling lately.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back