• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Disney Store does it to collectors AGAIN!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disney Store does it to collectors AGAIN!!
What I fail to understand, and I have pointed this out to Disney numerous times: Why do they not invest in either writing new code or buy the code needed to created a quantity driven shopping cart. Like in the case of most of the 110th Legacy pins, they are LE250s. Most companies hold 10% back for lost or damaged orders, so that leaves 225 left. With a quantity driven shopping cart, if all 225 are in other people's shopping carts, then the 226th person will see sold out. Plus once it is in your cart, it will stay there for a standard time or until check-out so you will not have someone else buying it out of your cart. These simple changes would help with a lot of the grief and frustration we all have been feeling lately.

+1 and Amen to that. I'm just hoping and praying that someone will take pity on me and help me finish off the collection. I'm so cranky today from getting up at 3:00 AM and then being told they are sold out...HUH??? GRRRRRRR I'm joing Grumpy and changing my name to Grumpytoo:(

I have been saying that disneystore.com has needed to fix their online ordering system ever since they went online but I am not holding my breath. I figure it evens out when they have glitches when you can stack codes or use codes on excluded merchandise. Also they don't process orders by the time stamp on your order. I have had many times an order I placed later ship just fine but an order that I placed earlier for the exact same thing get canceled. When I asked about it they said it depends on which of their servers you get routed on.

Early on they used to hold pins back for call-ins that's how I was able to obtain the Jessica Hot Rod Set and others even though it was showing sold out online, but they no longer do that.

Well, Disney needs to do something. One thing they could do is keep the online order pages correct. According on their website all the pins I ordered have shipped. Yet they tell me that the Oogie Boogie pin and the Buzzlight year are sold out. It would certaintly be handy if you could rely on the information that they post on the website.

So I placed an order exactly 1 week ago today..it still has not shipped and since then all 3 pins I ordered are no longer listed. Should I be worried?

You should be VERY worried. They waited over a week to tell me that my order would not be complete. Good luck.

So I placed an order exactly 1 week ago today..it still has not shipped and since then all 3 pins I ordered are no longer listed. Should I be worried?

Yea, it probably isn't coming. From my experience anyways.

And even if you call and they tell you it can still come, it never did for me way back during the last semi-annual pin sale. And they guaranteed my pins would come twice. =/

My guess is that the Buzz pin is lost. I don't know anyone who has actually received it yet, among those of us who ordered it on the day it was released.

I placed my order for those and the Up pin the morning of 9/5, and I have still not shipped. I have orders that were placed the previous week that were received for processing on 9/12. And that's with the tracking info saying the estimated delivery was 9/12. The order processing has been a joke. I now have four open orders, two of which haven't shipped.

Marc, you really need to call them otherwise you will wind up being billed for everything immediately and getting nothing. Then it takes weeks to get a refund or to at least get the pins. Good luck - you're going to need it.

I call every day, and have been being told that the order is in processing and should go out soon. There are delays because of the holiday. Blah, blah, blah. They won't do much until it hits the 9 business days. I have not been charged for anything though, which is at least something.

On the DS site this AM there are a bunch of pins back up, including Mulan and Lock, Shock and Barrel. Sorry Margaret, no MMC. I am willing to bet that the most, if not all, of the Buzz pins are lost as well and that it will either disappear like the MMC pin, or end up being relisted back on the site when they find it. I'm interested to hear if anyone actually gets it.

So I got an email today saying my order had shipped, but it only listed 2 of the 3. I checked the Website and it showed all shipped, so i called and they confirmed one of them was out of stock. I ordered Buzz, Belle, and Fox/Hound...Fox/hound didn't ship. Which is ironic cause it was the only one that was a gift for my sister :-( Oh well I guess.

Grrr, I'm so annoyed that Mulan is back up. They cancelled my original order saying it was out of stock.. I'm on the fence about ordering it, I really don't want to pay for shipping or order a bunch of other stuff just to get a "out of stock" email later on.

I got the MAGIC phone call last night that they elusive MM Club has been found. I very quickly said yes I still wanted it and they have assured me I will get one. We shall see. So now I'm down to missing Oogie Boogie. Does anyone actually have that pin in hand? According to my order it shipped, but it was not in the box. Then I got the old "I apologize (I now hate that phrase) for the inconvenience, but that item is sold out". What a crock. We all know what happened so hopefully either someone will get it and post they got one or someday they will find it in the warehouse.

Just got the confirmation that my order with Buzz shipped and saw the MMC 1955 pin back on the site. It's amazing how disorganized they have been. Let's just hope they have it together now.

Grrr, I'm so annoyed that Mulan is back up. They cancelled my original order saying it was out of stock.. I'm on the fence about ordering it, I really don't want to pay for shipping or order a bunch of other stuff just to get a "out of stock" email later on.

If you want it, I would call them back, explain that your original order was cancelled due to it being "out of stock" and that you want it, but don't want to have to pay for shipping. They will likely ship it to you for free. That's what they did for me with my Cars pin....be sure you also ask to have any discount applied...I forgot to do that and had to pay full price, but still no shipping.

Get a vinylmation or any other Disney Parks product to get frees hipping as well as use the code Expo2011 to take off 15% (last day)

I gave in and ordered Mulan since there was a discount, hehe. Hopefully I get it this time!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back