Disney Store Limited Edition 17" Dolls - 2019

Discussion in 'Other Disney Collectibles' started by starry_solo, Dec 12, 2018.

1. LordTremaine

LordTremaine Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Briar Rose is pretty. The only thing I don't like are the tassels on her wrap/cape. It looks like she is wearing a carpet. But other than that, she looks good.

The platinum set is a bit of a letdown. Aurora looks pretty good but Phillip is a big disappointment. He doesn't look like himself at all and he has no expression. Disney seems to struggle the most with the dolls of the 3 classic princes. Defintley doesn't seem worth the $700+ price tag that will be slapped on it.

I wonder how the Ariel/Eric and Tiana/Naveen sets will turn out, if they get made. And they will most likely make platinum sets for Cinderella/Charming and Rapunzel/Flynn next year. Since it will Cindy's 70th anniversary and Tangled's 10th. Then they will have done all the main princess couples. I don't expect platinum sets of Pocahontas/John Smith and Mulan/Shang anytime soon.

2. Disneychildwithin

Disneychildwithin No Disney Character Left Behind Proclaimer

Rating - 100%
    87   0   0

Briar Rose is a must...the platinum, not so much. I've seen the Snow platinum set go for less than retail and I like that one better...will hold off and take a gamble later on the secondary market.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

starry_solo likes this.
  3. Addicted to Alice Pins

Addicted to Alice Pins My name is Ann, and I'm here to enable you!

Rating - 100%
    90   0   0

So if I offer you retail for your Snow platinum set, you'll take it? :D

starry_solo likes this.
  4. Disneychildwithin

Disneychildwithin No Disney Character Left Behind Proclaimer

Rating - 100%
    87   0   0

Will keep it in mind if I ever want to let go!

You seriously looking though?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

5. Addicted to Alice Pins

Rating - 100%
    90   0   0

If by "seriously looking," you mean "have funds to purchase now" ... no. But I do want to add that set to my Snow collection. I didn't collect Snow when the dolls were released--so I've caught up on the others from that batch but still need the platinum set (and the OG 17" Snow). Maybe if I can offload my Alice Through the Looking-Glass 17" dolls, I'll have enough in my PayPal account to buy ...

6. Thomagata

Thomagata New Member

0   0   0

Been lurking for years and I feel Platinum sets have been dissapointing lately. The only one I have is the animated BATB because I find it practically perfect for me and its my favorite film/princess. But there is something that makes me really appreciate it more. Belle and Beast are actually looking at each other. At least they appear to be looking at each other for the most part. The last few animated Platinum sets seem to fail at this little detail and its rather awkward to me.

The Snow set was so tempting, I liked the darker colors and the style of dress. But Snow is positioned to look up at her prince, rather adoringly, while he's looking right over her head. Almost like snow is saying, "I love you" and the prince is like, "ok, cool". Which is funny cause the stock out of box photo shows him more angled down so their eyes meet but not in the actual box. The Aurora set suffers a similiar problem but worst. Their attire is rather plain and not really worth the price Disney will ask for. And as Aurora looks up at him, Phillip's stare is so blank its like he's a robot which goes with his silver coat. So nice detail Disney.

It's a real shame cause I really like the platinum box designs for Aurora and Snow. I'm a sucker for pretty boxes. If these sets were cheaper I would over look such small flaws but as is, it's not worth it for me.

Meritre likes this.
  7. disneykellyb

disneykellyb New Member

0   0   0

Usually what time can we buy the limited edition dolls on the uk site?

8. Zolotinka

Zolotinka Member

0   0   0

9. disneysfreakingprincess

disneysfreakingprincess Member

0   0   0

just a couple more minutes!

10. disneysfreakingprincess

0   0   0

11. Meritre

Meritre Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

12. Maya

Maya Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

I have lmost given up trying to even get these dolls now as its always gone in a minute there seems to be zero point in even trying *sigh*

13. croboy82

croboy82 Member

0   0   0

As soon as link was online it was sold out

14. disneysfreakingprincess

0   0   0

the platinum set is still there, look at the views on brair rose. 4200

15. Meritre

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

When I checked Briar Rose first the views on her were only around 1200

16. Rapunz

Rapunz Member

0   0   0

“Reach for the skyyyyyy”. I see it.
    And I laughed pretty hard at this post...”woof”
    Philip doesn’t look like he could slay anything btw.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Meritre likes this.
  17. Rapunz

Rapunz Member

0   0   0

I just clicked on the uk link....the platinum set is still available??

18. dragonshade

dragonshade Member

0   0   0

Any idea when us release is?

19. Meritre

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Here you go:

20. dragonshade

dragonshade Member

0   0   0

Any idea whether theyre releasing midnight fri-sat ir midnight sat-sun?

21. Addicted to Alice Pins

Rating - 100%
    90   0   0

March 16 means when the date becomes March 16. So Friday into Saturday. Good luck on your quest!

22. PrincessAurora13

PrincessAurora13 Once Upon a Dream

0   0   0

Do we have prices yet? I'm assuming it will be $750 for the Platinum set, but what about Rose?

23. starry_solo

starry_solo Judge of the Dark Court Staff Member DPF Super Moderator

Rating - 100%
    520   0   0

$750 for Platinum. I think Briar Rose is either $119.95 or $129.95.

24. Onebite

Onebite New Member

0   0   0

On the US site do the dolls usually go live at 2 or 3am EST? Its been several years since I bought one and I don’t remeber what time it used to be.

25. LMB925

LMB925 Member

0   0   0

Onebite, it's 3:00 am eastern. :(

Anyone else planning on being here tonight? I'm contemplating taking my chances and driving an hour to the nearest Disney Store so I don't ruin my sleep schedule any more than it already is from the time change this week. I think the odds of getting her in store are good, but not sure I want to risk it. You can still get her original heirlooms on Ebay for pretty cheap. I'm hoping that keeps the scalpers at bay.