Disney Store Limited Edition 17" Dolls Discussion - 2016

Discussion in 'Other Disney Collectibles' started by starry_solo, Aug 3, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PrincessBecky

PrincessBecky DPF Charter Member DPF Charter Member

Rating - 100%
    102   0   0

I received the shipping email for my Platinum set around 7 PM EST this evening. Now the wait begins to see if it arrives safe and sound! :anxious:

2. Mcandy

Mcandy Member

0   0   0

Good luck for those trying to get the platinum. Unfortunately im unable to afford it at the moment. Im quite happy with my batb heirloom dolls with gaston.

3. Mcandy

Mcandy Member

0   0   0

her face looks exactly like somewhere there belle. Someone custom made a yellow dress and dressed her somewhere there belle with this and she looks exactly like this platinum belle though her hairstyle varies a little. Disney totally nailed her! Shes so movie accurate!

4. disneysfreakingprincess

disneysfreakingprincess Member

0   0   0

there are also scalpers at harrods since yesterday, so no I don't think everybody deserves one lol. but they sure want some extra cash damn

5. lordofanime

lordofanime Active Member

0   0   0

Wasn't the platinum set an online only release even in the UK? I thought that's what it said on the LE doll page.

EDIT: Nope. I'm wrong! Just checked and it does say Harrods!

If I remember correctly, doesn't Harrods sell a limited number of sets everyday? Like they'll sell 100/200 in one and 300 or something in another day, or something like that.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2016
  6. starry_solo

starry_solo Judge of the Dark Court Staff Member DPF Super Moderator

Rating - 100%
    477   0   0

I think so? But remember, Beast and Gaston also release tomorrow AM

7. disneysfreakingprincess

0   0   0

what i've heard from people who bought there before they always have like 10-15 dolls no more because europa has 325 in total so 200 at harrods woudn't make sence, also more people would wait there if they had so many dolls. but the first set was a surprise at harrods maybe they didn't sell out in one day?

8. starry_solo

Rating - 100%
    477   0   0

So, as we wait for the Platinum Set, Beast & Gaston to be released in Europe tomorrow AM, I anticipate our last discussions on this thread will be about Moana as a LE doll later this year. We will close the thread out and begin a new thread for the 17" Dolls for 2017, expected to begin with the Live Action Beauty & the Beast dolls, as the movie comes out March 17, 2017.

9. lordofanime

0   0   0

Platinum set sold out!

10. disneysfreakingprincess

0   0   0

Thank god!! I got her, now I hope they don't steal her like in the US but I got my confirmed email

11. starry_solo

Rating - 100%
    477   0   0

12. lordofanime

0   0   0

Just for fun, the many stages of pre-ordering the Beauty and the Beast limited edition dolls from the DisneyStore in August:

1. The waiting till midnight:
    [​IMG]

2. Constant refresh:
    [​IMG]

3. "Aw Phooey!" or Site crash
    [​IMG]

4. Phone call/email: Your order has been cancelled:
    [​IMG]

13. lordofanime

0   0   0

Looks like all 3 dolls are now sold out in the UK Store.

Which is amazing considering that Aladdin is still available!

14. Argentine

Argentine All glory to the Helix!

Rating - 100%
    76   0   0

I managed the platinum set, using a forwarding address in the UK and paypal. Confirmation came right away, money has been taken, and the status is: Processed. It'll be interesting to see if this will actually work. :eek: I'm not terribly hopeful though.

15. starry_solo

Rating - 100%
    477   0   0

LOL with the monkeys

16. Luna_Ray

Luna_Ray Member

0   0   0

...I laughed waaaay too hard at those monkeys. So accurate!

17. Shelly

Shelly Member

0   0   0

I have no luck with these releases... I'm starting to think I'm doing something wrong.

18. Luna_Ray

Luna_Ray Member

0   0   0

I'm curious as to how the live action doll would turn out. I'll admit I'm intrigued as I'm a big Emma Watson fan, also I just adore most things Harry Potter so give me Hermione as one of my favourite princesses? Yes please! However, Cinderella was also one of my favourites and I didn't care as much for the live action LE they released. My favourite LA Cindy was the Mattel one released as a Barbie sized doll- the tulle skirt looked most accurate by being very pleated, whereas the DS had a solid satin skirt with what seemed like a single layer of a chiffon like fabric over top. I might just stick with the Mattel one as they seem to do excellent jobs and take up less space. Can't wait to see what all the merch looks like, though!

19. disneysfreakingprincess

0   0   0

did you want the platinum set, or gaston with belle, or beast and gaston?

20. starry_solo

Rating - 100%
    477   0   0

I called Harrods and only Gaston is left

21. Shelly

Shelly Member

0   0   0

@ disneysfreakingprincess: I wanted the Platinum Set. :'-(

22. disneysfreakingprincess

0   0   0

answered the private message don't know if you will be happy about it, the price is not so lovely D:

23. aruarose

aruarose New Member

0   0   0

Last edited: Sep 27, 2016
  24. cambridge1066

cambridge1066 Member

0   0   0

Those monkeys are hilarious! Summed up my experience pre-ordering Belle for sure. :)

25. aruarose

aruarose New Member

0   0   0

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.