• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Disney Store Limited Edition 17" Dolls Discussion - 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disney Store Limited Edition 17" Dolls Discussion - 2016
I think that Harrods got 15-16 sets so I'm guessing they all went to the people camped out as of Monday morning.

I called Harrods when the store opened, waited 45 minutes til I finally got through...by then the set was sold out. So sad...

Can you tell me how that works? You add a uk address to your paypal account and choose that as the address to ship to? Is the login from the US site the same one to use on the UK site?

I managed the platinum set, using a forwarding address in the UK and paypal. Confirmation came right away, money has been taken, and the status is: Processed. It'll be interesting to see if this will actually work. :eek: I'm not terribly hopeful though.

Can you tell me how that works? You add a uk address to your paypal account and choose that as the address to ship to? Is the login from the US site the same one to use on the UK site?
You have to sign up separately with DisneyStore UK. I only entered the forwarding address through the DisneyStore website as the default delivery address. Paypal doesn't allow you to enter an address in a different country than your own (it doesn't for me, at least). So I just went through paypal with my regular credit card and no changes to my paypal account. There were no problems with that, and my credit card has already been charged without issue. I'm still nervous, and hope that my order doesn't get cancelled. :anxious:

I'm hoping that someone here can help I'm I'm in the US and looking to buy Belle, I totally missed the release, I'm trying to not be at the mercy of ebay, if anyone has a Belle they would like to sell please message me with your price. Thank you very much.

Last edited:
Gotcha, I thought the credit card info had to match the shipping address...please let me know if that works out for you!

You have to sign up separately with DisneyStore UK. I only entered the forwarding address through the DisneyStore website as the default delivery address. Paypal doesn't allow you to enter an address in a different country than your own (it doesn't for me, at least). So I just went through paypal with my regular credit card and no changes to my paypal account. There were no problems with that, and my credit card has already been charged without issue. I'm still nervous, and hope that my order doesn't get cancelled. :anxious:

I called Harrods when the store opened, waited 45 minutes til I finally got through...by then the set was sold out. So sad...

I expected it to be sold out because the limited number they had and there were already 10 people in line Monday morning for it. Harrods would help the in-person guests first, before helping in-store guests.

Good luck! If the forwarding service works out, let us know (and if it doesn't, let us know that too!)

So sorry if this has already been brought up (I didn't see it anywhere in the previous pages), but DisneyLimitedEditionDolls on tumblr said that there is another platinum set coming soon. She can't specify what, but she did basically confirm that it doesn't involve Moana in any way and she highly recommends people start saving money. I wonder what it could be? She simply said soon so it could be anytime this year or sometime early 2017 (I am predicting the latter seeing that is when the new live action Beauty and the Beast movie comes out).

Pictures of Winter Belle in a OOAK Ballgown dress (pictures courtesy of disneygirl333):

14457359_852872014848870_4226018875527975445_n.jpg

If it's another platinum set that she's suggesting we save for, that's a relief to my wallet. I continue to be outraged by the prices Disney sets for those, and never even consider buying them.

If there's a chance it's a cool LE doll though... that's another story. I'm definitely more selective after the LE price increase is now in the "really?" zone, but if the doll is cool enough...

I was thinking about an moana set with maui wouldn't it be cool if his tattoos did something awesome like glow or change I don't know lol. I know nothing about their culture so dissclaim on that with my ideas lol

Yeah she did confirm that it wasn't related to Moana in any way. I originally figured it would be a Moana and Maui set with that being the only way to actually get a Maui doll, but apparently it isnt. Considering that all we have to go by is "soon", my best guess is that its a platinum set for the new Beauty and the Beast live action movie. I would love it if we ended up getting some kind of surprise dolls by the end of the year or early next year though! I keep praying that Star Wars will get some kind of LE treatment (A LE Jyn Ero doll for Rouge One perhaps?).

Last edited:
The first belle looks gorgeous already but she missed that widows peak that would have made her accurate enough. Now, they totally nailed her with that iconic dress...what i love about something there belle is that her face is so movie accurate. Some says she had wide forehead but I dont think so. I had to stare at her for a long time to see if theres anything wrong with her forehead but i think shes pretty proportional. some says her wrist and arms are too thin but now look, on a different dress you hardly notice her arms and wrist. I think the red dress which has a rather large sleeve only emphasized her thin wrist and arms. Honestly, i thought so at first from her promo photos but in person i think its only her sleeves that made her arms too thin. Given a different dress its hardly noticeable. The rest of the woman dolls ( snow white, jasmin, elsa, anna) too have the same wrist and arms too but is never commented on it. Now, im looking forward to moana to see a doll with realistic body and see if some would also comment as well. This custom made doll looks perfect!

I was thinking about an moana set with maui wouldn't it be cool if his tattoos did something awesome like glow or change I don't know lol. I know nothing about their culture so dissclaim on that with my ideas lol

You never gave us updates on the status of your order. Has it been canceled or was it maintained?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back