• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Disney Store Limited Edition 17" Dolls Discussion - 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disney Store Limited Edition 17" Dolls Discussion - 2016
Gaston selling out quickly was 100% because the UK got 1,000.

The way things went, UK should have gotten 1,000 Belles, 700 Beasts, and 500 (or less) Gastons. (I think that's the right ratio).

What's even more mind boggling is that Phillip and Aladdin are still available in the UK DisneyStore, which shows that the UK market has no demand for the prince dolls. Jafar was a special case and I wonder how much of him went to the UK.

I called the DisneyStore and got them to take off the shipping costs. I did ask them to change my credit card as I thought it would be better on another one. I still have not been charged, so that's super weird but a lot of people are saying that they weren't as well.

This release was a disaster. Thank god this is looking like the last 17" release for me.

On the topic of creating a mold for Gaston. It's very frustrating because they managed to create a mold for the Queen of Hearts and Alice and Peter Pan and Captain Hook... And they only made 1 doll each. Whereas, Gaston's new mold could be used on the 17" Doll, the designer doll, and any future Classic DisneyStore dolls.

Oh well.. At the end of the day, we just gotta be grateful that they even released a Gaston doll.

I agree. You would think Gaston's hyper-muscular body mold could then be used for other characters too. Maybe not Wreck-It-Ralph, but Hercules? DC comics people? etc.

Barbie's now made a superhero (hyper-muscular) male body mold, and I'm sure they'll get good use out of it. I think Disney would benefit similarly.

I wish they would have shown Gaston and Beast in their boxes before the in-store pre-order. It's really strange to be asked to make a decision on a product they don't even have a complete picture of - and the box is a part of that picture, it's not something many of us just throw out.

Through all the chaos that night I was able to get Belle after trying for an hour I had called the next morning and had it confirmed that my order went through and I have her! I persevered ...through that s**t, I wasn't gonna let all that stop me from getting her ! lol Thank the doll gods...

~~edited by starry_solo to remove word~~

Last edited by a moderator:
I wish they would have shown Gaston and Beast in their boxes before the in-store pre-order. It's really strange to be asked to make a decision on a product they don't even have a complete picture of - and the box is a part of that picture, it's not something many of us just throw out.

Agreed. Although, the store I went to didn't even have Belle as a display model :p

So did anyone actually manage to put an order through from EU/UK for these dolls? It's going to be a fun September trying to get hold of these, especially as we'll probably have designers released on the same dates!

Sorry to hear about the issues, reminds me of 2011 "dollmadegon"

So did anyone actually manage to put an order through from EU/UK for these dolls? It's going to be a fun September trying to get hold of these, especially as we'll probably have designers released on the same dates!

Sorry to hear about the issues, reminds me of 2011 "dollmadegon"

I am in the UK and managed to order all three dolls...however the site would NOT let me order all of them in one transaction. And I had to use 2 different cards as my bank got suspicious about it constantly trying to get money. The major downside to having multiple orders is having multiple shipping costs ... $200. I called and they couldn't just put them together. Also means it will cost more in customs fees also. I'm thinking all three dolls total cost is going to be £500. It's insane but I am just so grateful I managed to get them as the UK site is just impossible.

I am in the UK and managed to order all three dolls...however the site would NOT let me order all of them in one transaction. And I had to use 2 different cards as my bank got suspicious about it constantly trying to get money. The major downside to having multiple orders is having multiple shipping costs ... $200. I called and they couldn't just put them together. Also means it will cost more in customs fees also. I'm thinking all three dolls total cost is going to be £500. It's insane but I am just so grateful I managed to get them as the UK site is just impossible.

Do you get zinged with customs charges on incoming packages from the US? When I ordered from Harrods, everyone assured me that because of the free trade agreement, I wouldn't have to worry about customs fees from the UK to the US. I would hope it would be the same going the other way, but is it not? That stinks. You've had enough stress from this doll release; the universe should cut you some slack somewhere!

Do you get zinged with customs charges on incoming packages from the US? When I ordered from Harrods, everyone assured me that because of the free trade agreement, I wouldn't have to worry about customs fees from the UK to the US. I would hope it would be the same going the other way, but is it not? That stinks. You've had enough stress from this doll release; the universe should cut you some slack somewhere!
Unfortunately no
In the UK we have to pay import VAT on all purchases of higher values , it does indeed suck .
I've been hit with anything between £15 - £55 in charges for various items in the past . Not including the standard £8 fee our post office charges us for the "service" of calculating the VAT , it's making buying from outside the UK a real minefield
The only way around it is to put a lower value on the package but then if it gets lost or damaged you're screwed

Yeah I'm thinking it could be £80-£100 customs. I have heard the fee for processing each package is now getting more expensive too. With the bad UK exchange rate it really sucks but...I knew about that but couldn't miss on the dolls for $50 extra for shipping them in two transactions.

I've also read amongst UK Tsum collectors that even when the sender puts gift and reduces the cost they still get charged recently. I'm sure before it used to be anything under $35 total (including shipping) had no charges but I ordered a Rapunzel costume and it came to $30 and got charged £13 ($10) on it as well. I'm still grateful for getting
them as a lot of people missed out it just sucks that they charge customs and tax on the SHIPPING cost as well!

Every country has different customs and duties agreements. It's directly linked to the trade agreement a country will have with another. For instance Canada charges high duties on toys made in China so even if Canada has a free-trade agreement with the U.S you would still have to pay the duties and taxes if you imported it in Canada. The Disney store usually charges around an extra 80-100$ on shipping to include all those costs.

Although the U.S does not charge duties and taxes on toys coming from the U.K the same does not apply if they are imported for commercial purposes.

Hi everyone :) I'm new here, so... hi! I am a limited edition doll collecter since the beginning of this year and I am really excited for the new 17 inch Belle! I live in the Netherlands, so I am depending on the release in the UK. I really don't want to miss out, so I'm planning to go to London for a few days and wait in queue the night before the release. I only have a transport problem. The bus back to where I live goes at 11 AM. Do you think two hours would be enough for me getting the doll? I want to queue at Oxford Street and then I have to go to Victoria Station. Google Maps says it would take 15 minutes to go there by tube.
So my question is, what are your experiences with dolls in store? How long did it take before you had one? I really hope someone can help me!

Thank you so much in advance!

A post on one of the LE doll pages on FB reads:

"Anyone who placed an order with PayPal and lost out on Belle, Beast, and Gaston.. Call Disney and complain.. If the persons does not help ask for a supervisor.. I just got my Belle and Beast order fixed.. I had to use a credit card... (They don't charge you till sept so it gives you time to transfer the money).. Soooooo happy!!!"

So, it looks like Disney "found" some dolls (that or all those people that had holds actually had multiple dolls held for them while Disney fixed things?)

Might want to call?!

Hi everyone :) I'm new here, so... hi! I am a limited edition doll collecter since the beginning of this year and I am really excited for the new 17 inch Belle! I live in the Netherlands, so I am depending on the release in the UK. I really don't want to miss out, so I'm planning to go to London for a few days and wait in queue the night before the release. I only have a transport problem. The bus back to where I live goes at 11 AM. Do you think two hours would be enough for me getting the doll? I want to queue at Oxford Street and then I have to go to Victoria Station. Google Maps says it would take 15 minutes to go there by tube.
So my question is, what are your experiences with dolls in store? How long did it take before you had one? I really hope someone can help me!

Thank you so much in advance!

No experiences (I'm in the US) but I would think that unless you are within the first 5-10 people in line for the doll, you would have a tough time. It all depends on how many people they have to check the guests out, how many dolls there are, whether the cast member will allow each person to inspect the various dolls (and for how long), etc.

Thanks you for your answer! I think you're right and I am planning to book a night in a airbnb the night after the release, so then I will have plenty of time :)

Thanks you for your answer! I think you're right and I am planning to book a night in a airbnb the night after the release, so then I will have plenty of time :)

Sounds great, especially if you're going to be queueing the night (or nights) before the release. If you have a good data plan, I suggest you also try online while you are there waiting

That's a good idea! The online release is at 8 AM in the UK I believe, and the shop opens at 9 AM, so I can always try! I think I will be there around 8 or 9 PM. I read on the FB page that the queue starts around 9 PM (the evening before the release) in London. Also read that in Paris you have to be there several days in advance. That's crazy!

That's a good idea! The online release is at 8 AM in the UK I believe, and the shop opens at 9 AM, so I can always try! I think I will be there around 8 or 9 PM. I read on the FB page that the queue starts around 9 PM (the evening before the release) in London. Also read that in Paris you have to be there several days in advance. That's crazy!

Very crazy! I thought being at my store at 6 am (when it opens at 10 am) was kind of early, but there was one person that came in right after me (he said he saw me running in the mall entrance and remembered me from Frozen Fever so he figured he should get out of the car then, lol)

I hope some people already got their money back? I am still waiting for my money lol. i've read some stories on facebook that people still get their dolls after they called. super happy for them but strange for others where did those dolls come from... maybe people here want to try it too :)

I hope some people already got their money back? I am still waiting for my money lol. i've read some stories on facebook that people still get their dolls after they called. super happy for them but strange for others where did those dolls come from... maybe people here want to try it too :)

Nope~ But I just confirmed that those are authorizations not charges.

I did notice a reply on their (DS) FB page:

'Hi, Thiago. We apologize for the delay. This has been escalated and we will follow up with you once a resolution has been reached. -Kesha'

It seems things become more serious than they expected.

Last edited:
Very crazy! I thought being at my store at 6 am (when it opens at 10 am) was kind of early, but there was one person that came in right after me (he said he saw me running in the mall entrance and remembered me from Frozen Fever so he figured he should get out of the car then, lol)

Yeah in France this time the queue will probably start on thursday night or at best on friday night. For the frozen fever dolls , it started on sunday afternoon

I called the Disney Store two days ago and they told me they were still trying to sort out the mess. So as soon as they figure out it is possible there will be extra Belle dolls and it should be posted on their website.

With all these problems they've been experiencing I am left to wonder if they are going to move the release dates for the designer dolls. I hope not because I have to drive really far to get them.

I called the Disney Store two days ago and they told me they were still trying to sort out the mess. So as soon as they figure out it is possible there will be extra Belle dolls and it should be posted on their website.

With all these problems they've been experiencing I am left to wonder if they are going to move the release dates for the designer dolls. I hope not because I have to drive really far to get them.

Hope it all works out for everyone!

As we get closer and closer to Moana's release date, I keep wondering how her 17" doll will turn out. This is really the first princess since Merida to not really have a overly fancy or detailed "princess attire", so I wonder how they are going to translate her outfit into high quality doll form? I think the 12" doll is a good starting point for speculation. Considering the 12" doll looks this good already, I can't wait to see the 17" one finally revealed!

tumblr_o9ia8gaJtd1qa2r95o1_1280.jpg

I would rend to thing the 17" would look closely like the 12" but with a more detailed outfit. If she wears some kind of dress in the movie I would expect her to have it on the 17".

i have to admit I haven't looked at the pilot yet :)

See I would expect there to be similarities to the classic 12" doll, but the LE dolls still have enough changes and details to make them stand out on their own and be worthy of that price tag (at least usually). I am really interested in seeing how well her design translates to that form.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back