• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Disney Store Limited Edition 17" Dolls Discussion - 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disney Store Limited Edition 17" Dolls Discussion - 2017
if you haven't gotten the blast-off email, you could always send them an email to cancel the online order and buy it in store (after you have bought it, of course!).

I did actually get the email already!

Does anyone dislike any of the dolls they have purchased? I sold most of mine off and only have D23 Snow, evil queen, Maleficent and Aurora.
But I'm considering selling Maleficent as I really dislike Maleficent! I have always kept her as I thought her, the evil queen and Cruella(if they ever make her) would look great together! But as I have got the evil queen it really just emphasises how bad Maleficent looks, which is a shame as she's one of my favourite characters. Do you think I should sell her? But then poor Aurora is alone haha.

Does anyone dislike any of the dolls they have purchased? I sold most of mine off and only have D23 Snow, evil queen, Maleficent and Aurora.
But I'm considering selling Maleficent as I really dislike Maleficent! I have always kept her as I thought her, the evil queen and Cruella(if they ever make her) would look great together! But as I have got the evil queen it really just emphasises how bad Maleficent looks, which is a shame as she's one of my favourite characters. Do you think I should sell her? But then poor Aurora is alone haha.
I've only sold the two Frozen dolls from 2015?... they were an impulse buy and I immediately regretted buying them. I think I bought them more out of fear of missing out and to fill the disappointment of not getting frozen fever dolls instead... so shortly after the frozen fever dolls were released I sold them below retail to someone on Craigslist because I realized I really didn't like them.

I've been considering selling more but I haven't been able to let any others go... I have:
FF Anna + Elsa, LA Cinderella, Animated Cinderella, Ariel, p/b Auroras, Phillip, Aladdin, & Coronation Elsa...

I don't dislike any of the dolls, but am going to start selling off some of them. Hopefully on Craigslist or somewhere local. I have Summer Anna, Princess Elsa, Frozen Fever Anna, Frozen Fever Elsa, Live Action Cinderella, 60th Anniversary Aurora, Pink Aurora (eventually), Maleficent, and a few more. Plus some of the designer ones (Maleficent, Gothel, Rapunzel & Gothel, Hans and Elsa, Anna and Kristoff)

I have to admit that i don't really like the first Moana. Her face is awful, she doesn't look like her movie-counterpart at all, the Classic doll looks closer to the original Moana. At first i thought she was great, and i didn't like all the hate towards her doll, but she really isn't that great to me. Plus, after seeing the movie (the doll was released before hand), i have to say i don't even love her character. Liked the movie, loved Maui and the soundtrack, but Moana was kinda bleh and over-the-top.
And like many others i don't really like the March 2015 Frozen release (but loved them back then when they got released, they were my second frozen set). I think this set was really unnecessary except maybe Kristoff. But i don't want to sell them because i don't want to split my frozen collectio, aha.
I love LA Cinderella's dress, but her face is awful. Meh. Still don't feel like seeling her...

i don't know what to do with my blue aurora. she's the only doll i own that i'm not madly in love with.
She has a beautiful face but i really don't like her dress and i also have too many other blondes in blue dresses so she really doesn't stand out...
I've thought of dying her dress but idk if i want to do something so permanent x_x

So, people in the US are starting to receive their Snow White, Prince, and Evil Queen dolls. Unfortunately, it looks like a big mess up by the Disney Store in that those who ordered Snow White are getting The Prince dolls and being told there are no replacements available!

So, people in the US are starting to receive their Snow White, Prince, and Evil Queen dolls. Unfortunately, it looks like a big mess up by the Disney Store in that those who ordered Snow White are getting The Prince dolls and being told there are no replacements available!
IIRC, this happens every year.

My Snow box came with a crease/dent on the outer slip cover box on one side. It's a small 1" line, I was able to bend it back into place...but not get rid of the line. It's one of those: Once you notice it, you can't stop noticing it. But whatever, I love the doll and it's sold out - not going to lose sleep over it.
I saw the box it shipped in had what looked to be a flat spot on the corner of the box in the same place. The dent could have happened when delivered at my doorstep...but it was clearly from shipping. I'm thankful it wasn't worse, but at the same time....why do these expensive dolls just have a thin cardboard between the doll and the world, and the plush $4 sale Mickey emoji I ordered come in a box 3 times it's size padded with air pillows? Can you imagine if Disney put Apple in charge of shipping their dolls?? Oh my, goosebumps just thinking about it - but back to reality.

Last edited:

I regret buying the Frozen LE's, I only bought them because I missed the first two and was afraid to miss out. Now I have three sets of Anna and Elsa and I'm still wondering why? I only actually like the very last set that came out from the Frozen short.

So, I was one of the unfortunate people to get a Prince instead of Snow White so I called Disney to return it since I had also ordered the Prince so they said they would get UPS to pick up the extra Prince up and give me a credit. To be safe I confirmed that the Prince I ordered would be shipped since I had received no email confirmation. I was told the order was processing to ship. However, yesterday Disney sent me an apology email that the Prince would not be shipped because he was out of stock. I called Disney and asked them to cancel the pick up that I wanted to keep the Prince that I received instead of Snow White. The woman I spoke to confirmed my email address and said she would check first thing this morning to see if there was a Snow White in stock. As promised I received an email saying that I would receive a Snow White and it is showing up on my original order. Disney did make my day MAGICA today but I am also keeping my fingers crossed. Just wanted to let everyone know in case someone else had the same problem.

So far I have only bought the Snow White rags doll and the Evil Queen. Both dolls I love dearly. She's not too popular since there are still some left at my Disney Store. Overall, I was never really impressed with the 17" dolls. So I never bought them. I was going to skip on the Snow White & Evil Queen doll but they were gorgeous in the store. I didn't like the Prince and passed on him. I saw the male dolls tend to not sell well on the secondary market so if I ended up hating him (which I kinda do), I'd probably be stuck with him.

tumblr_oumj801W6B1s823kjo6_1280.jpg
Snow white deboxed.
tumblr_oumqjcuKVk1s823kjo2_1280.jpg

I am selling my Emma Watson Belle 17" LE, if anyone is interested. I have the first Moana that I used with my summer time decor and I have Snow Queen Elsa and Coronation Anna that I'm keeping forever. LOL

well sad update to my story.

I woke up this morning to my tracking number showing as "voided". Called DS and even though the representative was super nice, basically they ran out of dolls and despite me staying up and buying her as soon as she was released the warehouse decided to cancel my order and DS could do nothing but give me a refund.

obviously I'm pretty tilted and am not looking forward to trying to hunt her down on ebay.

I woke up this morning to my tracking number showing as "voided". Called DS and even though the representative was super nice, basically they ran out of dolls and despite me staying up and buying her as soon as she was released the warehouse decided to cancel my order and DS could do nothing but give me a refund.

obviously I'm pretty tilted and am not looking forward to trying to hunt her down on ebay.

:(

My Snow box came with a crease/dent on the outer slip cover box on one side. It's a small 1" line, I was able to bend it back into place...but not get rid of the line. It's one of those: Once you notice it, you can't stop noticing it. But whatever, I love the doll and it's sold out - not going to lose sleep over it.
I saw the box it shipped in had what looked to be a flat spot on the corner of the box in the same place. The dent could have happened when delivered at my doorstep...but it was clearly from shipping. I'm thankful it wasn't worse, but at the same time....why do these expensive dolls just have a thin cardboard between the doll and the world, and the plush $4 sale Mickey emoji I ordered come in a box 3 times it's size padded with air pillows? Can you imagine if Disney put Apple in charge of shipping their dolls?? Oh my, goosebumps just thinking about it - but back to reality.
May I ask what the weight of Snow showed in your UPS tracking info? Mine shows 4.7lbs (still on the way) which is weird because I saw other's shipper box shows 2.5KG (~ 5.1lbs).

Depending on where you live, a store near you may still have some. We still had two as of yesterday at my store. You should call and see if any stores will ship to home them for you. I think everyone agrees that the warehouse needs to get their stuff together. It's a travesty that they didn't ship your's out first since you ordered it the first day.

Sorry to hear it, that sucks.

May I ask what the weight of Snow showed in your UPS tracking info? Mine shows 4.7lbs (still on the way) which is weird because I saw other's shipper box shows 2.5KG (~ 5.1lbs).
Just received my Snow. I haven't opened it yet but the label shows "17IN LE SNOW..." and the correct UPC #. I guess it should be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back