Disney Store Limited Edition 17" Dolls Discussion - 2018

Discussion in 'Other Disney Collectibles' started by starry_solo, Oct 9, 2017.

1. starry_solo

starry_solo Judge of the Dark Court Staff Member DPF Super Moderator

Rating - 100%
    477   0   0

From Once Upon A Disney Doll, rumors for 2018 dolls have started!

1. Pocahontas Spring 2018

2. Mulan 2018

2. Meritre

Meritre Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Can't wait for pistures :)

3. bookhugger

bookhugger I love books!

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0

Me too!!!

4. staykawaii

staykawaii Member

0   0   0

FINALLY.

hoping this means hunchback + Tarzan + Hercules aren't far behind!

5. Starlord3301

Starlord3301 Member

0   0   0

Finally!! I can't wait for Mulan and Pocahontas two of my favorites finally get the LE 17" treatment!
    I passed on all the snow white dolls due to it not being a favorite movie of mine but im excited for the rest of the years releases and what next year will bring.

6. Taylena

Taylena New Member

0   0   0

So excited for next year's doll releases!! :tigger: Plus Mulan will be released with an Art of Collection!! :roll:

7. TheDisneyFanatic

TheDisneyFanatic Servant of the Dark Fairy

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Easily the most hyped I have been for a doll release in years! After all that complaining and begging, it looks like Disney FINALLY listened to us! I'm assuming Pocahontas will get one LE doll while Mulan will get several where its her anniversary year.

8. jadeites-lady

jadeites-lady Bookworm Belle

Rating - 100%
    25   0   0

Sis can't wait for Mulan. Now she's wondering if there will be a platinum set. If so, it would be great if both Mulan and Shang were in red, since that's a traditional Chinese color for weddings

9. 1313Harbor

1313Harbor Member

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0

Pocahontas and Mulan are two of my favorites! Cannot wait to see what the dolls will look like. I hope Pocahontas has her new style of necklace that she wears in the parks - it's stunning.

10. Harleen

Harleen Member

0   0   0

There's a special place in my heart for these girls, so incredibly hyped to hear we'll finally be getting them in 17" form :) What outfit do you guys reckon they'll be wearing?

11. Meritre

Meritre Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

I guess Mulan will be in her matchmaker outfit, though I would like her blue outfit better. I don't thin they'll dare to put Pocahontas in that big ballgown frm the second movie, although that could be a really gorgeous dress on a LE doll. Maybe they'll make exclusives with different outfits.

12. Harleen

Harleen Member

0   0   0

I don't know, I feel like that pink matchmaker outfit and variations of it have been done to death. I could seriously go for some Mulan in green though!

On Pocahontas, I do adore the look of that dress :) It's one of few canon outfits she has. But then Disney would risk breaking the Pocahontas-John Smith pairing they've been pushing all these years, huh? Not to mention how universally panned the sequel was.

Entirely new outfits might be the way to go ;)

13. starry_solo

Rating - 100%
    477   0   0

I can't wait for Mulan either! I was supposed to stop buying LE dolls this year, but caved on D23 Snow and Saks Snow. But no more this year, unless I can trade for them!

@Harleen : where are you located (state-wise)?

14. Meritre

Meritre Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

She is mostly stuck in that dress, poor thing the only exception is her classic doll this year.
    Tiana LE dolls are stuck in thelillypad dress as well and she has so many pretty outfits :( That's why I thought she would very likely put in that pink outfit - again. They use the most iconic look of the princesses. (And if they are popular, they get a second doll, maybe even more)
    I do hope they use a different one for Mulan.

(I'm a rare exception, I actually liked parts of it, like the song Where so I go from here)

15. Harleen

Harleen Member

0   0   0

[​IMG]
    Where do I go from here was a part of that movie? God, it's one of the top 5 Pocahontas songs for me and I didn't even realize it was from the sequel haha. They certainly didn't fail on all fonts.

Speaking of Mulan outside of her matchmaker dress, I recently got the 2017 Mulan & Li Shang set from the Disney Folktale Designer Collection. Yeah yeah, there were "only 523 made" and were "exclusively sold at the D23 convention," but this is not why I bought it (if anything, it just made the prices prohibitively expensive *sigh*). I got it because THEY ARE IN THEIR WARRIOR OUTFITS. Our Mulan, finally depicted as Ping in a limited edition Disney doll!

(Credit for the photo goes to drj1828 on Flickr)

Meritre and bookhugger like this.
  16. Harleen

Harleen Member

0   0   0

You only got the best releases from this year, if you ask me! I probably would have been content with just those two as well. I just lack the restraint.

I'm actually based outside the US but travel frequently. When I'm not in Korea I'm in NJ or Birmingham, UK :)

17. bookhugger

bookhugger I love books!

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0

Wow!

18. bookhugger

bookhugger I love books!

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0

That's a great doll set! The boxes are so much bigger than the regular two pack of designer dolls.

How do you get your dolls shipped to you? To a deputy service?

19. Harleen

Harleen Member

0   0   0

Despite the two steps back Disney took with the designer dolls this year, one thing they did right was making the boxes roomier!

It depends on the item and prices involved, but the options available to me at the moment are family, friends, and freight forwarders :)

starry_solo likes this.
  20. isida2009

isida2009 New Member

0   0   0

Hello everyone ^^ I'm new to the forum (but not to Disney merchandise ;) ) It's wonderful if they release Mulan and Pocahontas ! We've been waiting for them for so long ! They have so much potential; I can't wait to see pictures ^^

21. starry_solo

Rating - 100%
    477   0   0

Well, I did get two of the D23 designers too, but since this thread is about the 17" dolls, I won't talk about them ;)

22. Harleen

Harleen Member

0   0   0

Haha oh my god, I'm sorry! Will be more mindful of staying on topic from now :)

23. Meritre

Meritre Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Oh, that one totally slipped my memory :( *goes to stand in the corner*
    Sadly it was very limited and exclusive but I guess they did not want to take risks with Mulan.

24. starry_solo

Rating - 100%
    477   0   0

25. Harleen

Harleen Member

0   0   0