Disney Store Limited Edition 17" Dolls Discussion - 2018

Discussion in 'Other Disney Collectibles' started by starry_solo, Oct 9, 2017.

1. shooting4ownhand

shooting4ownhand Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    70   0   0

I hope so too! Depending on how she looks, I will probably try for Mulan.

But Pocahontas' face just looks off too. She's one of my favorite characters and I hate to say, I'm not a fan of that doll.

2. Disneychildwithin

Disneychildwithin Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    58   0   0

I'm incorrigible, I don't have to see the Mulan doll to know I need her.

bookhugger and starry_solo like this.
  3. Starlord3301

Starlord3301 Member

0   0   0

So I finally saw the Pocahontas pics and I must say i think she is great looking. I love the color of the box and i like the look they went with. if I had toknock her for anything id say her skin tone is a bit light. Other than that im definitely going out to get her. I am now very much looking forward to Mulan now who I will be getting regardless as shes one of my favorites.

4. DisneyJ

DisneyJ eBay Enabler

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0

Our first set was the Designer Villain Set (not currently pictured) - when they were released.

Our first 17” Set was Sleeping Beauty - when they were released.

As it is we started collecting late.

5. ArttheAnimator

ArttheAnimator Member

0   0   0

I'd actually love for them to do Zootopia - I was dissapointed with the toys for that movie and just got an awesome Judy Hopps figure from a Japanese store, seems to be licensed merch too!

Zootopia Figure Complex Movie Revo No.008 Judy Hopps

If anyone is a fan I recommend that one very much! They aren't the sort of characters I think they will do any time soon, but the Robin Hood and Maid Marian were so beautiful I think they'd make lovely dolls <3[​IMG]

PixiePost and Disneychildwithin like this.
  6. starry_solo

starry_solo Judge of the Dark Court Staff Member DPF Super Moderator

Rating - 100%
    501   0   0

That's not bad at all!

7. LordTremaine

LordTremaine Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Pocahontas is very pretty but her skin is way too light. I find that both Pocahontas and Jasmine have been getting lighter skin tones over the years. Kind of sad. But overall she is lovely and honestly better than I was expecting her to be.

8. DisneyJ

DisneyJ eBay Enabler

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0

Disneychildwithin likes this.
  9. shooting4ownhand

Rating - 100%
    70   0   0

I've noticed that as well. I have the 17" singing Pocahontas doll from 2012 and her skin is darker than the current dolls out. Still not movie accurate but not as light. I noticed all the limited edition Pocahontas dolls have lighter skin then she has.

10. starry_solo

Rating - 100%
    501   0   0

From Once Upon A Disney Doll (FB):

[​IMG]

The post said it was coming 3/6/18

11. staykawaii

staykawaii Member

0   0   0

She's pretty but I kind of wish she was less realistic & more cartooney... like a yellow dress and tan skin and the necklace more movie accurate...

-and that red and blue box will stand out in my bright pink & green home haha.
    She is really pretty though and I'm so glad Pocahontas finally got a big doll! Hoping Hercules is coming next.

12. starry_solo

Rating - 100%
    501   0   0

Mulan is next. After that, I think they will have done all the "official" princesses.

13. MagicLover1

MagicLover1 Member

0   0   0

While she definitely should be darker toned, I’ve been told that the studio lighting for the photos shouldn’t be trusted. I’m hoping she looks less white washed is person, because overall I think she’s gorgeous and she deserves to have the right skin tone.

14. Propita

Propita Member

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

Haven't been here in a while and haven't kept up with the LE Dolls at all...

...but Husband and I were at the mall today (Feb 19) and saw the Elsa, Anna, and Elena LE dolls not only available, they were 25% off! We both like Frozen and our little niece likes them AND Elena. That little girl has a nice collection waiting for her.

starry_solo and bookhugger like this.
  15. shooting4ownhand

Rating - 100%
    70   0   0

Her classic doll has the same skin tone. They’ve lightened her skin.

16. staykawaii

staykawaii Member

0   0   0

I know this is slightly off topic but since we're talking about the Mulan doll I thought I'd share one coming out from hasbro.

[​IMG]

Pilotprincess916 likes this.
  17. starry_solo

Rating - 100%
    501   0   0

That's good to hear! At least you were able to get them at a discount! :)

18. LittleMermaidAriel

LittleMermaidAriel Member

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

I think the lighter skin is due to the light in the photo. I think she looks amazing and cannot wait to get her :)

19. poca-hontas

poca-hontas Member

0   0   0

Hi all! Was wondering if anyone could offer me some advice regarding the 17’ Pocahontas doll. It’s my first time purchasing a 17’ as the only limited edition dolls I have are both the Pocahontas ones, which were fairly easy for me to get. I’ve read online from some doll collectors that it’s better to camp outside a Disney store that would be selling her. Unfortunately I can’t do this as I will be working from 7:30-15:30 so will have to try my luck online. And although I work at H&M Bulling Birmingham, UK and the Bullring Disney store will be selling them, I’m worried they’ll be sold out come my lunch at 11am...

So I was wondering how long do you think she’ll be online for? Or do you reckon she’ll sell out? Also, do you think she’ll sell out in stores?
    I haven’t seen a lot of buzz for her like I have for other limited edition dolls and a lot of collectors said they’ll be skipping on her and waiting for Mulan. But I still don’t want to take that as no one will buy her.

Apologies for this long message and if anyone takes the time out to reply and offer advice, it’ll be greatly appreciated x

20. Manta

Manta Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

I am so excited right now because I just got birthday money and Christmas special LE Elsa is still available. I FINALLY HAVE MORE THAN ENOUGH. I was so worried she would sell out before I had the money. Now to get to the bank and deposit the money so I can order her...:stitch: Then I'm going to try saving for Anna too.:p I know they are/were not very popular, but...I love them, and I missed all of the previous Frozen LEs, so. The only reason I have purple/Regal Elsa is because I got her for Christmas 2016.:)

21. Meritre

Meritre Active Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Personally, I don't think she'll sell out quickly. But one can never be 100% sure.

22. poca-hontas

poca-hontas Member

0   0   0

I think you might be right. I know Pocahontas isn’t the most popular but I’m still surprised by the lack of conversation/buzz about this doll considering it’s her first 17”.

Still, I won’t take any chances. Thank you for replying

23. Meritre

Meritre Active Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

You are welcome :)
    Good luck getting her! I hope there will be lots of photos of her so I cen get to see her as well.

In the meantime here is a picture of my very first limited Edition doll, she just arrived yesterday:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 22, 2018
  24. poca-hontas

poca-hontas Member

0   0   0

Thank you I’ll be sure to post photos if I’m lucky enough to get her.

And she’s lovely - congrats! Thank you for sharing.

25. starry_solo

Rating - 100%
    501   0   0

A little over a week to go!

Disneychildwithin likes this.