Disney Store Limited Edition Dolls - 12" and Designer - 2018

Discussion in 'Other Disney Collectibles' started by starry_solo, Dec 18, 2017.

1. DisneyJ

DisneyJ eBay Enabler

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0

2. DisneyJ

DisneyJ eBay Enabler

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0

3. DisneyJ

DisneyJ eBay Enabler

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0

4. DisneyEverlasting

DisneyEverlasting Member

0   0   0

Where's Belle? I've heard her doll doesn't match her art at all. It's a shame because she's beautifully drawn. I still want to see her doll though....

5. PrincessAurora13

PrincessAurora13 Once Upon a Dream

0   0   0

Yeah, that's basically what I imagined with Ariel. God-awful 80s fashion. Shame because she's one of my favorite princesses.

6. shooting4ownhand

shooting4ownhand Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    70   0   0

Well there is no such thing as good fashion from the 80s. lol

starry_solo and PrincessAurora13 like this.
  7. PrincessAurora13

0   0   0

Ugh, so true, lol!

8. lapetitesirene

lapetitesirene Member

0   0   0

Spoke to a cast member at my store, who said the new dolls are definitely raffle instead of first come first serve. And I'm pretty sure there's a rumor going around that Cinderella will be first, due to a leaked date? Not sure the validity of that though.

9. shooting4ownhand

Rating - 100%
    70   0   0

They haven't done the raffle in years. I guess they are worried these releases will be nuts cause of the Mickey Memories collection. Those should have become raffles but that is another issue. Not collecting them anymore so I don't really care.

10. starry_solo

starry_solo Judge of the Dark Court Staff Member DPF Super Moderator

Rating - 100%
    508   0   0

For 12" dolls, they have done raffles since the Designer Princess 2011 fiasco.
    For 17" dolls, it's been first come, first serve.

I also heard a rumor that the price was going to be $110-120 for these new 12" dolls. If that's the case, I may end up passing.

11. shooting4ownhand

Rating - 100%
    70   0   0

For whatever reason, I thought they stopped doing raffles after the first wave of designer couples. They haven't been that popular at my Disney Store since that release so I could go in later release day and just get them.

12. lapetitesirene

lapetitesirene Member

0   0   0

I've never gotten a Designer Doll before (I usually only collet 17") so I can't say whether it's unusual. Though I'm pretty sure starry_solo is right, and they've always done raffles on Designers. I'm worried about the price as well. Any higher than $100 is too much, but according to a tumblr source who's seen the dolls in person, the boxes are huge and are extravagant enough to make it worth the cost. They're apparently almost as tall as 17" boxes (which may cause problems for some collectors) and the poster/ticket props are high quality printing. Also the doll itself is elevated within the box so she fills it up more. At such a steep price I'll probably only be able to get one, which bums me out a TON though.

13. Runswthwolves

Runswthwolves Member

0   0   0

As we get closer to the first release, I'll see what photos folks post before deciding. As for the cost, for me all of them either 17 or 12 are expensive. It boils down to do I have the space and do I collect for that character.

14. DisneyJ

DisneyJ eBay Enabler

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0

15. Addicted to Alice Pins

Addicted to Alice Pins My name is Ann, and I'm here to enable you!

Rating - 100%
    85   0   0

IDK how I feel about these Saturday release dates. Theoretically, they are more "fair" to people who work conventional 5-days-a-week jobs. But not everyone does. I DO, but I still think if I were going the store route, I'd rather take a day off (or work from home) and go when it might be less chaotic. (These releases are typically chaotic, but on a weekend, tons of people will turn up!) I might just try my luck online and pray like heck that the box doesn't get damaged in transit. I only want/need Snow, but I reallllllyyyyyyyyyy want her so I don't want to end up out o' luck.

16. DisneyJ

DisneyJ eBay Enabler

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0

You will obtain the Snow White Doll - your collection needs it.

17. Disneychildwithin

Disneychildwithin Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    71   0   0

So online will be Friday night/Saturday a.m?

18. Runswthwolves

Runswthwolves Member

0   0   0

Hmmm, with my work schedule I won't be able to make it to the ones I want (either Tiana or Belle), speaking of which interesting to see the last four don't go in chronological order. Yes, I'm curious as to when they'll be online, so good luck to everyone trying for them.

Even though I'm not interested in any of the others I still love to see how everything unfolds and the pictures. Gotta love those pictures, so thanks to all the photographers out there.

19. PrincessAurora13

0   0   0

They're true to their eras, definitely. I remember my aunt having the same collar as Belle on her wedding dress, and she was married in the early 90s.

20. DisneyEverlasting

DisneyEverlasting Member

0   0   0

That’s what it looks like, however I’m sure more information will turn up soon.

21. starry_solo

starry_solo Judge of the Dark Court Staff Member DPF Super Moderator

Rating - 100%
    508   0   0

From Disney Limited Eddition Dolls (yup, spelled incorrectly) on Facebook:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Looks likes local stores are starting to hand out promotional flyers.

22. Runswthwolves

Runswthwolves Member

0   0   0

Any word on when the tie-in merchandise will be released? The more I see, the more I want.

23. DisneyJ

DisneyJ eBay Enabler

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0

24. Justin_Bieber

Justin_Bieber Active Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

which disney stores are selling these in so cal?