• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Disney Tsum Tsum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disney Tsum Tsum
I think it's because Dory's set has been on sale on Pixar store and they want to release it as soon as possible.
or maybe to confuse people with a different release in US / Europe :-D

Bucky has been released in Europe but not in US.

Someone shared this on FB this morning in an AiW collectors group I belong to:

13151948_10206233769983664_1220283847124681348_n.jpg

It's from the Swedish website (I checked), and it definitely says May 17th. I don't know why Disney would switch up the releases by region but it could be any number of factors. The UK (and Japan) gets better Alice merchandise or gets it sooner than the US a lot of the time, so it could be as simple as that. Or shipment was delayed so they're just making it up as they go. :p

Am I the only one that's confused as to why Finding Dory is being released before the new Alice set? Releasing the Alice set on May 17th would tie in perfectly with the release of the film. Finding Dory doesn't come out until June 17th, so I am confused as to why they wouldn't wait till the first week of June to release that set. It just seems kind of bizarre to me.

someone shared this on fb this morning in an aiw collectors group i belong to:

it's from the swedish website (i checked), and it definitely says may 17th. I don't know why disney would switch up the releases by region but it could be any number of factors. The uk (and japan) gets better alice merchandise or gets it sooner than the us a lot of the time, so it could be as simple as that. Or shipment was delayed so they're just making it up as they go. :p

i need the dormouse.

Looks like a cute set
Strange that the Swedish website posts pictures wirh danish text...

It's from the Swedish website (I checked), and it definitely says May 17th. I don't know why Disney would switch up the releases by region but it could be any number of factors. The UK (and Japan) gets better Alice merchandise or gets it sooner than the US a lot of the time, so it could be as simple as that. Or shipment was delayed so they're just making it up as they go. :p

But there's no Dinah!! She's got to be in that set!!!

But there's no Dinah!! She's got to be in that set!!!

My guess is, as someone suggested earlier, that Dinah will be in the subscription box with a medium Alice. Or she could be a Japan exclusive the way the Baby Oyster in the other set was. Either way, in the next 4 to 6 weeks we should have answers!!!

Thank you so much for sharing! They are absolutely adorable! But yeah the mixed up release dates has me a bit annoyed. Even if Japan and the UK tend to get Alice merch before the US (and better Alice merch in general sometimes), it just seems like common sense to release it the week the movie comes out in the US too. Regardless, they turned out so much cuter than I thought they would, and I am looking forward to finally getting an Alice and Cheshire for my collection.

As for Dinah, its looking like my theory about her being a subscription box exclusive might be correct after all. Still it sucks that non-subscribers won't be able to get her if she really does end up being an exclusive. Disney could have done what they did with the Jungle Book tsums where they released a normal Mogli tsum and then a variant with the subscription box (like giving the exclusive Dinah a crown of flowers on her head for example). I don't think we needed two Caterpillars that are exactly the same minus the fact that one has wings.

As for Dinah, its looking like my theory about her being a subscription box exclusive might be correct after all. Still it sucks that non-subscribers won't be able to get her if she really does end up being an exclusive. Disney could have done what they did with the Jungle Book tsums where they released a normal Mogli tsum and then a variant with the subscription box (like giving the exclusive Dinah a crown of flowers on her head for example). I don't think we needed two Caterpillars that are exactly the same minus the fact that one has wings.

Yeah, see, for hardcore Alice fans, you do us no favors with this suggestion, ha ha ha. :) I am debating the need for two versions of the Caterpillar, but with Dinah, I would want both--ESPECIALLY the crown-of-flowers version! (Side note: I really, really want a full-size Dinah plush, period. I keep hoping that as we get closer to the actual AiW anniversary in July, there will be a bounty of new animated Alice merch, including a Dinah plush. DO YOU HEAR ME, DISNEY???) Anyway, I'm tempted to sign up for the subscription box just in case. I also am debating whether to "just" get the tsums in characters I don't have (Tweedles, Caterpillar) or whether I need to "upgrade" any of the characters I have from the first set. The new Mad Hatter is a bit ... odd ... for my tastes, but the new White Rabbit looks cuter with the added details. Oh, the dilemmas. (I am NOT buying an entire new set. I'm not. Not. So not ... No, really, I'm not.)

Things seem to be at an interesting point in the tsum tsum collectors' world atm. I know I personally now have so many tsums that I have to be a lot more selective about the ones I buy just to save space, and even more so to save money. But Disney is also releasing so many tsums every month that it must be difficult (if not impossible) for most completionists to keep up. But releasing so many and raising the quantity of tsums produced for every set certainly is bringing in new collectors. It kind of makes me wonder if trading might ever become popular? Since older collectors have older tsums that they might want to exchange for newer ones that they like better, and newer collectors don't have a way to access older tsums unless they buy them at high prices.

I don't really know, but theoretically it could work a lot like pin trading considering just how many tsums there are now.

Have you guys seen the Beauty and the Beast Tsum Tsums????!!!

That is the biggest load of **** that Disney has released. Are they serious???!!!

In Zootopia, 80% of the tsums have no big roles in the movie and only count as cameos at best.
In Tangled, we got TWO different Pascals
In Jungle Book, we got Akeela, who had a tiny role in the animated movie.

But then they decide to make the set for Beauty and the Beast, one of their best movies ever made, adored by not only disney fans but by the general public, and the first movie to be nominated for a best picture oscar and they make a measly 6 tsum set?
Even the little mermaid had Max and Scuttle in there!

Where the heck are Gaston and LeFou? They had significantly bigger roles than a vast majority of tsum tsums that have been created in the past. This is complete bull!

I am mad as **** right now! :mad:

Don't panic... Those six are Cinton's (and Target) set. Disney's set will have at least two exclusive tsum as most of the previous sets. Plus one more for the sub box.
On the other hand, I'm so disappointed with them that I don't really care if they only add Gaston...

I am pretty sure we will get exclusives for the Disney Store release. I think we are at least guaranteed a Gaston. But putting the number of tsums aside, they are absolutely adorable. They are actually a lot cuter than I expected them to be.

Now if only Disney would get to releasing that Sleeping Beauty set I have been waiting on, that sure would be great. :)

It looks like some spots opened up for the June subscription box! I was finally able to buy it (although it didn't work on my phone, only on my computer). Here's hoping I don't miss a cool Alice set by a month!

It looks like some spots opened up for the June subscription box! I was finally able to buy it (although it didn't work on my phone, only on my computer). Here's hoping I don't miss a cool Alice set by a month!

So sorry.... :-(

SubBox201605.jpg

If somebody want to sell the sub box, please let me know :)

I really hate Disney right now.... Why Europe cannot have sub box too???

UGH I NEED IT. I don't get why Disney has such a strict limit on how many subscription boxes there can be. Companies like Loot Crate or Smugglers Bounty have limits on how many boxes they can ship, but they manage to get a LOT more boxes out than Disney seems to be doing.

UGH I NEED IT. I don't get why Disney has such a strict limit on how many subscription boxes there can be. Companies like Loot Crate or Smugglers Bounty have limits on how many boxes they can ship, but they manage to get a LOT more boxes out than Disney seems to be doing.

It's not just that, but all the FUNKO boxes allow you to buy past boxes when you sign up for a new subscription.

If you guys don't have a sub box, then DisneyStore UK or Spain one should have these up for purchase. Even if it's a limited edition thing.
It's not fair at all,but then again, when has DisneyStore cared about fairness?

If you guys don't have a sub box, then DisneyStore UK or Spain one should have these up for purchase. Even if it's a limited edition thing.
It's not fair at all,but then again, when has DisneyStore cared about fairness?

Yep... I thought Disney would give us Dinah in the Alice set, maybe a diferent version like a winked one for us and the regular for the sub box... But nope.

:facepalm: I tried SO hard last month to get my hands on a subscription, because I just knew they'd be releasing Alice in the same month as the movie. Maybe next month's will be cool and a special person will let me trade that one for that Alice and Dinah!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back