• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Disney WonderGround Gallery -Alice Prints

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disney WonderGround Gallery -Alice Prints

Sweet Cheshire

New DPF Member
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I've started collecting some of the WonderGround Gallery Alice postcards and was curious to know if all prints were made into post cards or are specific artists only did giclee's? Right now I'm looking for Beautifully Alice and the Noah Falling into Wonderland (?) (although I was told Noah prints do not come as post cards.) Also, I don't live in California so besides eBay, is there a way to order prints from the gallery and have them shipped?

Thanks for the help!

Not everything is made into a postcard, I can tell you that for sure. Most of them are, it seems, but the two you mention did NOT come as postcards. I broke down and got the prints as a result, ha, because I liked both so much. You can allegedly mail-order through Disney Parks merchandising (there's a special sub-option for Gallery and Collectibles when you call the main #) but I have NEVER had any success with that. That line is never answered, from what I've experienced, sometimes the VM box is full so you can't even leave a message for them to call you back, and the one time I did leave a message, I got a call back MUCH later and the person was talking about an entirely different print than the one I had indicated (if I give you the name of the piece and the artist, there should be ZERO confusion about what I'm looking for, but they clearly didn't know the merch and were trying to talk to me about a different [to me, ugly, ha] print by a different artist). There are some reasonable eBay sellers who go to WonderGround regularly; you might also investigate personal shoppers to see if anyone is reasonable, or post in the "Other Wanted" thread and see if any forum members would be kind enough to do a pick-up next time they're in the area.

Last edited:
Thanks for the information! I was afraid they weren't going to be in post cards. :( Good thing I like them enough to get those in prints. I was hesitant about calling the gallery and I'm glad you forewarned me. There is a seller on eBay that I bought a lot of my cards from, so I may try them. Uggg, Disney Y U Make Collecting So Hard?!?!?!

Thanks for the information! I was afraid they weren't going to be in post cards. :( Good thing I like them enough to get those in prints. I was hesitant about calling the gallery and I'm glad you forewarned me. There is a seller on eBay that I bought a lot of my cards from, so I may try them. Uggg, Disney Y U Make Collecting So Hard?!?!?!

Part of the difficulty is (at least, last time I checked, which was admittedly about a year ago), you can't actually call WonderGround directly. I don't think they have a published phone #, probably because the poor CMs working there would never be able to answer all the calls and take care of in-person guests, too. But when you filter over to Parks Merchandising, I think they're too removed and/or swamped to really know the gallery merchandise. Also, sometimes by the time you get in touch with them, the print/postcard/item you want has sold out, so they REALLY don't know what you're talking about, ha. I've never had that problem with regular Parks Merchandising, so I don't know what the deal is.

But I was able to get an autographed "Falling into Wonder" print from an eBay seller I buy WonderGround stuff from regularly, in an auction, for about $58 including shipping. Others had just the print (not signed) as a BIN for $100. So you just have to search around and find the deals.

Good luck! Let us know what you acquire! I've got a stack of Alice-themed postcards and four Alice-themed prints. I also have a Grail print that I missed when it was "new" and have yet to find, even on the 'bay. SIGH. Someday, my print(s) will come ...

I recommend emailing Wonderground about what's available. A week or so ago I emailed wonderground gallery at merchandise.guest.services@disneyparks.com (it took a little while to receive a response) specifically about Jasmine Beckett Griffith items and they responded as follows:

[FONT=&quot]
"Thank you for your interest in the Jasmine Becket-Griffith prints. We currently carry "Alice in the Garden", "Belle's Enchantment", "Rapunzel in the swing", "Maleficent Enthroned", "Evil Queen" & "Tightrope Girl" They are available in several options: [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] 5x7 Postcard-$4.95
4 x 5 Mini Canvas - $24.95
14 x 18 Deluxe Print - $39.95
Limited Edition Giclee - $350.00
Plus shipping and handling. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] If you would like to check availability or place an order, please call me directly and I will be happy to assist you."
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
I'm not sure if I should post the number here, but if anyone wants it without having to email them, just send me a message and I'll give it you. Some, not all, Jasime Beckett Griffith Disney items can be ordered from http://www.strangeling.com/ I'm not sure if the artists that did the art you're talking about have direct ordering for what you want, but it might be worth looking into. [/FONT]

Here are the ones I have so far:
IMG_3118.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

And these two on the way:
0b12b3c5178568f824b565bfe223d469.jpg
Afternoon-Tea-in-Wonderland-Jeremiah-Ketner.jpg

The other two I want is the Noah one and the Beautifully Alice one. I also may get the Whitney Pollett's Alice in the larger print. That one is my favorite!

Part of the difficulty is (at least, last time I checked, which was admittedly about a year ago), you can't actually call WonderGround directly. I don't think they have a published phone #, probably because the poor CMs working there would never be able to answer all the calls and take care of in-person guests, too. But when you filter over to Parks Merchandising, I think they're too removed and/or swamped to really know the gallery merchandise. Also, sometimes by the time you get in touch with them, the print/postcard/item you want has sold out, so they REALLY don't know what you're talking about, ha. I've never had that problem with regular Parks Merchandising, so I don't know what the deal is.

But I was able to get an autographed "Falling into Wonder" print from an eBay seller I buy WonderGround stuff from regularly, in an auction, for about $58 including shipping. Others had just the print (not signed) as a BIN for $100. So you just have to search around and find the deals.

Good luck! Let us know what you acquire! I've got a stack of Alice-themed postcards and four Alice-themed prints. I also have a Grail print that I missed when it was "new" and have yet to find, even on the 'bay. SIGH. Someday, my print(s) will come ...

What is your grail print? I've tried just general googling to see what prints were actually made but I can't seem to find a consistent list. I also like the new haunted mansion Tightrope Twist, the Bride, etc and the Jessica one by Liana Hall but I'm not sure if I want to get copies of them or not. It's a toss up between them and Alice pins! :)

What is your grail print? I've tried just general googling to see what prints were actually made but I can't seem to find a consistent list. I also like the new haunted mansion Tightrope Twist, the Bride, etc and the Jessica one by Liana Hall but I'm not sure if I want to get copies of them or not. It's a toss up between them and Alice pins! :)

We have identical postcard collections except I haven't gotten Joey Chou's Tea Cups yet. (I wish I'd gotten the print of the Ketner piece, but I didn't want it at the time it was available. Oh well.) I also have four prints: Liana Hee's "Down the Rabbit Hole," Noah's "Falling Into Wonder," Jeff Granito's "Beautifully Alice," and my other grail, Jerrod Maruyama's "The Chase." (The last was not available as a postcard, either. I discovered the design too late, and it took forever and a century of watching eBay to find a listing for the print. I even contacted Jerrod and he was SO NICE but he didn't have any prints, either, due to the licensing restrictions. I was VERY lucky that one appeared about 2 minutes before I ran my WonderGround search one night, and I have never in my life hit "Buy It Now" so fast!!! It's the ONLY listing I've seen in 18 to 24 months of searching.) My unobtained Grail Print is Michelle Romo's "Curiosity Often Leads to Trouble," and again, Michelle is a sweetheart but when I contacted her, she was not able to help. Same thing as "The Chase," though: No. Listings. Ever. Appear. I know it's an older piece (probably two years by now, if not three), but NOBODY has one to sell?!? You can find everything on eBay, but I think I have a better chance of finding a kidney. Ha.

This is the Michelle Romo piece:

45e99924b452b7c74f350eb1440ea734.jpg

If you ever find it, please don't tell me. I'll have a convulsive fit and cry. Or sell it to me at a stupid mark-up and I'll forgive you for getting to it first. :p

This is the Michelle Romo piece:

45e99924b452b7c74f350eb1440ea734.jpg

If you ever find it, please don't tell me. I'll have a convulsive fit and cry. Or sell it to me at a stupid mark-up and I'll forgive you for getting to it first. :p
i have only seen this piece on Pinterest. The Chase as well. I wish these did come in postcards because I don't like these enough to buy the prints. However, I'd be happy to look out for the Michelle Romo one for you. Like I said, I'm not big on the prints since I like the smaller post cards so you'll have no collecting competition from me! :p I think I'll put a wanted post up and hit up the bay to see what I can find. I'm looking to buy pins anyway.

I assume all the licensing is similar for the artists. When I spoke with Jasmine Beckett-Griffith (?) when she was at DTD for a signing (I was in line getting some postcards signed for a gal in the UK), I asked whether she had any Disney ones in her store and she said not usually. If she does have any in her online store, it's because she or someone else has paid for the item at the Wonderground Gallery, then she autographs it and puts it in her online store.

I'm guessing it's the same with the other artists as well. It's probably written in their contracts that they don't get to print out the prints (the non LE ones) themselves - I'm guessing an anti-competition clause of some sort.

I'm not sure how the licensing works, but I'm sure Disney "owns" the copyright on pieces sold at WonderGround, although the artist will retain the "right to be identified as the artist" type of thing. I don't know how that actually works, legally, but if you create for Disney, Disney owns it. End of story. So I wouldn't expect any of the artists to just be able to sell them willy-nilly. But sometimes when they come to Disney venues for signing events, they will be allowed to "carry in" some of their work. Not sure if that's just stuff not owned by Disney ... but if Michelle Romo had a print of "Curiosity Often Leads to Trouble" in her bag, you can be sure I'd send someone to stalk her for it, ha ha.

I assume all the licensing is similar for the artists. When I spoke with Jasmine Beckett-Griffith (?) when she was at DTD for a signing (I was in line getting some postcards signed for a gal in the UK), I asked whether she had any Disney ones in her store and she said not usually. If she does have any in her online store, it's because she or someone else has paid for the item at the Wonderground Gallery, then she autographs it and puts it in her online store.

I'm guessing it's the same with the other artists as well. It's probably written in their contracts that they don't get to print out the prints (the non LE ones) themselves - I'm guessing an anti-competition clause of some sort.

The art the artists do for Wonder Ground Gallery, including their pieces as Artist in Residence, is owned by Disney. They are not able to sell their art for the gallery on their personal sites, etsy, etc. because it is part of their contract.

Jasmine Becket-Griffith work she has done for Disney World, not Wonder Ground, is sold on her website but she has a different contract with that. Which is why you'll see her Ariel and Belle pieces for WDW on her website.

I don't know how much of a help this is, as I don't know much about the Wonderground stuff, but if you have someone who does WDW pickups for you, I know at Japan in Epcot they have a lot of AIW themed post cards and prints. AIW is really popular there. (I have a few items myself. Along with some sticky notes and a few really really really adorable items.) Once I return home for the semester break, I'll take a few photos. :) (I think that the art they usually feature would go well with your current collection.)

I don't know how much of a help this is, as I don't know much about the Wonderground stuff, but if you have someone who does WDW pickups for you, I know at Japan in Epcot they have a lot of AIW themed post cards and prints. AIW is really popular there. (I have a few items myself. Along with some sticky notes and a few really really really adorable items.) Once I return home for the semester break, I'll take a few photos. :) (I think that the art they usually feature would go well with your current collection.)

I sadly don't have anyone I know who can do WDW pick ups for me, but I have been looking at all of the AIW stuff Japan has in general! I'm really jealous of all the cool stuff they get: notebooks, pens, jewelry, etc. Right now there is a jewelry holder that I want from the Japan Disney store. It's a stack of tea cups with the mad hatter's hat, cheshire cat's tail, etc. (see below). I'm watching some on the 'bay right now until I get some funds to afford the shipping.

Also, unfortunately, the Tea Time in wonderland card (see ginormous pic above) I bought has been lost in the mail and I can't find another one. :( no good.

Id love to see pics of the merch you picked up!

$_57.JPG

Last edited:
Japan, hands down, gets the best Alice stuff. Once in a while, I break down and buy some items via the 'bay, but if I bought everything I wanted, my profligate spending problem would be even worse than it already is.

Bummer about the postcard, but is it truly lost? I've had a few instances with the illustrious USPS in which I panicked and bought a replacement item, and then after five to seven days, the tracking starts updating again. Their service is either way "on" or way "off."

I sadly don't have anyone I know who can do WDW pick ups for me, but I have been looking at all of the AIW stuff Japan has in general! I'm really jealous of all the cool stuff they get: notebooks, pens, jewelry, etc. Right now there is a jewelry holder that I want from the Japan Disney store. It's a stack of tea cups with the mad hatter's hat, cheshire cat's tail, etc. (see below). I'm watching some on the 'bay right now until I get some funds to afford the shipping.

Also, unfortunately, the Tea Time in wonderland card (see ginormous pic above) I bought has been lost in the mail and I can't find another one. :( no good.

$_57.JPG

Japan, hands down, gets the best Alice stuff. Once in a while, I break down and buy some items via the 'bay, but if I bought everything I wanted, my profligate spending problem would be even worse than it already is.

Bummer about the postcard, but is it truly lost? I've had a few instances with the illustrious USPS in which I panicked and bought a replacement item, and then after five to seven days, the tracking starts updating again. Their service is either way "on" or way "off."

Well the tracking number never changed from "Marked as Shipped" to and sort of destination and the seller said he called USPS and they don't know where it is. It may turn up after all, which I will be thrilled with since I cannot find another copy of the card or even the print anywhere!

I did just break down and buy the jewelry holder a little while ago because I convinced myself that my Haunted Mansion jewelry box cannot hold all my jewelry. I was just wasting time and looked on the Disney Store Japan website and literally "SQUEED" over their Alice stuff. I need to find a catalog or something with the Alice stuff either in Disney Stores world wide or in WDW/Disneyland so I can bury myself with Alice things!

Two thoughts, based on experience (other than the "it is actually lost" possibility):

One, the seller uploaded a tracking # but failed to actually turn over said parcel to the USPS. I've had this happen a bunch of times, they print the label and the tracking # is sent to you, and then they're busy or lazy or whatever and haven't ACTUALLY mailed your item. And then you email them, and they go "Oh, gosh, I don't know what happened; I'll contact the PO." And then MAGICALLY it starts tracking. And they think you don't notice when the first update says "TODAY, acceptance by PO." Even though you received the "shipped" notification a week ago. Riiiight. Ha ha.

Two, it just missed a bunch of scans. I had this happen once with a large, expensive, very hard to replace item. Got the initial notification, first scan (acceptance), then NOTHING. Nothing to indicate it ever went anywhere, even the first sort facility. And it was coming from CA to NJ, which meant a loooonnnnggg agonizing wait for some sign of life. First scan the darned thing got was my PO, about a week later. It was delivered by the time I saw any life to the tracking.

So don't lose heart. I'll keep an eye out for it as well, in case you really do need a replacement. But hopefully it will turn up. (And while you're waiting, bury yourself in Alice stuff. And then post pix!)

Well the tracking number never changed from "Marked as Shipped" to and sort of destination and the seller said he called USPS and they don't know where it is. It may turn up after all, which I will be thrilled with since I cannot find another copy of the card or even the print anywhere!

I did just break down and buy the jewelry holder a little while ago because I convinced myself that my Haunted Mansion jewelry box cannot hold all my jewelry. I was just wasting time and looked on the Disney Store Japan website and literally "SQUEED" over their Alice stuff. I need to find a catalog or something with the Alice stuff either in Disney Stores world wide or in WDW/Disneyland so I can bury myself with Alice things!

If I ever end up going in the near future, I'll let you know! But man, even the stuff they have at Epcot can be pretty pricey. -__-"

Once I get home, I'll totally send pics. :)

And great haul!! Love the wallet.

Last edited:
Just got back and found my prints/postcards/paper goods!

tumblr_nnu6kywdtF1rdh3wyo1_1280.jpg

All are from the Japan store. (From a few years ago, though.)

(I also have the Jasmine Beckett-Griffith Alice postcard and magnet. Sadly they're in a box now because my summer dorm is Tiny and I won't have room to put things up. ): )

Last edited:
OMG I want the wallet! Ha ha. I don't even need a new one; I just bought a new wallet from the designer I like. Ha. But still ... gorgeous!

I love it! And now, of course searching the 'bay, I found that there are more accessories by this designer in the same print! I'm really trying to convince myself that I really don't need another coin purse or tissue case or cellphone wallet or ID holder........

Just got back and found my prints/postcards/paper goods!

tumblr_nnu6kywdtF1rdh3wyo1_1280.jpg

All are from the Japan store. (From a few years ago, though.)

(I also have the Jasmine Beckett-Griffith Alice postcard and magnet. Sadly they're in a box now because my summer dorm is Tiny and I won't have room to put things up. ): )

Do you have pictures? Or maybe I just don't see them? I'm ready to drool!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back