• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Disneyland pin trading, where and when?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disneyland pin trading, where and when?

docfish2u

Sir David, Grail Slayer Knight
Rating - 100%
735   0   0
As many of you know, life has gotten in the way of pin trading for the docfish's lately. Nothing life altering or tragic, just really busy right now. We are so much looking forward to our Disneyland trip in two months!!!! :wiggle:

The question I have is where in Disneyland/DCA are people pin trading? Do they still send people on Sunday to DCA? What is going on down there?

Well, in the Grand Californian Hotel there's pin trading everyday at 4 P.M. People also still trade on Sundays at the tables near Goofy's Sky School as well.

Sent from my SM-G550T using Tapatalk

On my most recent trip, I noticed there were ppl with a TON of pin books at the cafe/diner in cars land (I don't remember what that eatery is called). It was on the outside patio area on the "backside" like if you were walking towards the Cars ride. Have fun!!

Flo's V8 diner? I haven't seen pin people there, but I must be going by there at the wrong time.

Could always do a meet up at the lunch spot. We used to have pot luck style meet and trade events at the picnic area once a month. Not done it in a long time but you could do something similar. It's free and everyone can get in. Just a idea.

Sorry. After rereading I'm guessing you just mean like regular traders in the parks. Like we used to do at western ho or the carnation place.

WWWDD

Last edited:
I also understand the official spot is the food court next to Goofy's Sky School in DCA. Sunday afternoon... is what I have been told (and experienced), but it seems quite a few show up Sunday morning... so really its seems like anytime Sunday will probably work.

All 3 DLR hotels were holding a pin trading event at 4:15 every day. Although sometimes the cast members do not appear until 4:30 or later and sometimes only upon request.

I periodically see a few traders sitting on the benches outside of DLR Pin Store in Frontierland.

Thanx everybody for the info. I am thrilled that they didn't do away with it completely.

Kory, we are throwing a party again this year. It is free to attend and there will be food provided. You should come if you get the chance.

I've been bringing my books over to the seating area next to Goofy's Sky School in DCA on Saturday afternoon/evening when I can make it. Sundays don't really work for me since I live an hour's drive away and work M-F. I'm thinking about heading over this coming Saturday in case anyone's interested in coming by.

(Speaking on 2 years of DLR/DCA Park Trading Experience). Most trading with other pin traders happen on Thursdays and Sundays.

On Thursdays from Morning till Sun down, you will find traders at Pin Traders (In DTD), Westward Ho, and To the Left of Goofy's sky school. The majority of these traders look for OE's, and park released pins.

On Sundays all traders usually end up to the Left of Goofy's Sky school by Lunch. These traders are the "Limited Edition" traders. People who to go Soda Fountain and Auctions and more towards the harder pins to find. also mixed with a few OE traders.

I find it harder to make trades on Sundays vs. Thursdays. Sundays tend to have more sharks in the water than Thursdays. But that's my opinion. As for other areas, Traders move in little groups/cliques and end up trading wherever they are. Popular spots are Flo's V8 Café, and Award Wieners, and Trader Sams Bar. So you can randomly run into some people there. But its rare. Your go to spot is definitely Goofy's Sky School.

Also if you ever feel lost at the parks regarding trading, feel free to message me with questions on my Instagram @rei_disney The group of friends I hang out with and my self tend to post updates on where trading is going on in order to bring more crowd. In fact, I was part of the group that helped find & establish Goofy's Sky School as a regular spot after we all got kicked out of Zocalo and Small World due to some people "Selling" and being rude to other Guests/Cast Members.

Also if you ever feel lost at the parks regarding trading, feel free to message me with questions on my Instagram @rei_disney The group of friends I hang out with and my self tend to post updates on where trading is going on in order to bring more crowd. In fact, I was part of the group that helped find & establish Goofy's Sky School as a regular spot after we all got kicked out of Zocalo and Small World due to some people "Selling" and being rude to other Guests/Cast Members.
Sucks that a few bad apples (sharks) have to mess it up for all of us.

I am at the tables by Goofy's Sky School now. There's a beer stand set up under the awning where many traders used to congregate and where the Elena meet and greet was. I am at a table pretty far back away from the midway but we'll see how well this works...

I was just there for my son's birthday and I was quite pleasantly surprised to see a couple pin Traders outside of the trading shop next to the gun range trading pins. It has always been sad the last few times that I've gone to Nazi pin Traders anymore this was the first time I've seen any Traders I didn't know they traded at the hotel I didn't so out of the loop I don't know anything anymore. I also don't understand why Disney is pushing pin Traders away to the point where they are non-existent I had no idea that they were in the hotel I guess that's nice to hear but what happened because that's the whole purpose of pin trading and they still sell pins and they still do Trader packs and Trader lanyard so what happened

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

I'm really excited to see you guys and I haven't been on DPF for years I just figured out how to get back on with my phone so I have no idea what the itinerary is for at the park I know you gave me information about the party which I'm excited about and can't wait to see you

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

We have been asked again to leave DCA paradise garden grill. We have moved over to Disneyland Rancho Zocalo. 4-16-17

Do traders bring pin books and go on rides? I go to DLR 4-6 times per year, and I would love to trade, but bringing my case-it doesn't seem possible when I'm going on rides and shopping too and just carrying it all day (12-16 hours), so I've never brought it. What do people do? I guess carry their pins all day? Get a locker? Am I just lazy?

Most Disneyland traders either are passholders and only go for trading (not riding rides), or rent a locker to keep their pins in when not trading.

Do traders bring pin books and go on rides?

Well I'm not there for 16 hours but I do carry my books around and on rides. I generally avoid cramped rides like Space Mountain or Matterhorn and favor rides with a lot of space like Pirates or Mansion. My shoulder's usually aching pretty good by night's end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back