• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Disneyland pin trading, where and when?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disneyland pin trading, where and when?
Things were a little wacky with trading in DCA, because they had a lot of special entertainment in the Paradise Gardens food court area. This made the area very busy, and on certain days the managers would make the pin traders leave for a while. This is when people would usually end up near Flo's V8, or even in the seating area next to Award Wieners, and they'd usually return to Paradise Gardens after the major lunch rush died down.
However for Food and Wine, they set up a beer garden in the area, and managers flat out said you can't trade here. So people started going to Rancho Del Zocalo over in Frontierland.
I was personally hoping folks would stay in this area, since we're right near a pin store, but also there's actually cell phone reception over there :p
I have NO signal in Paradise Gardens, which stinks, cuz you can't look up a pin, and sometimes people won't make a trade without checking the values.
But yeah, the last two weeks, everyone has been back in Paradise Gardens. First Sunday back was great! Lots of trading! There were some sharks, but overall the trading was good! Came back this past Sunday tho, traded with one person, recognized the rest as no one I could make a trade with and just left.

We attended pin trading in DCA on last Sunday and it was wonderful even with a little rain. Made lots of trades and met some wonderful people.

Yesterday (Saturday) I decided to bring my 50+lbs of pin books and stake a claim in the new covered seating area in Adventureland across from Jungle Cruise. I was there from about 4pm-11pm. It was FANTASTIC!

Never have I had so many people coming up to me wanting to pin trade before. No CM bothered me about not being there to eat. In fact, I saw quite a few people who traded with me going over to buy fruit and drinks from the nearby fruit carts that used to be in Tropical Imports. Bored parents whose kids were gawking at my stuff would also partake. At least 5 people came up and asked, "So is this where pin trading is now?" and I could only reply with "Well I'm the first as far as I know, but I hope this becomes a thing. Under cover, new lighting, tables (because I hate crawling on the floor), nearby food and drinks, rides, restrooms...this really is an ideal spot."

That it was. 11pm is the latest I've ever gone. Once the sun set, the new lighting really made my pins sparkle. Nighttime trading had never been easier. A lot of non-shark type traders came by just looking for the characters or rides they loved. Whole families came by. Some traders I'd seen before over by Goofy's Sky School. Came away with some pretty good new pins. It was a great first time at that spot. I'd definitely go back there. Sure beat having to spread out on benches, or on the floor, in the hot sun etc like we have to do at other places. Over by Goofy there were tables at least but that might be going away with Goofy's refurb, Halloween, Christmas time, Pixar Pier, etc. We needed a new spot. After last night, I'm pretty sure I found one. =)

Last edited:
Lol I passed by there last night and saw someone sitting at one of the tables with pin books spread out and thought "huh, that's a clever spot to trade - wonder how long that will be allowed." :)

i also noticed they've added more tables in DTD including a few right next to Pin Traders - figured that spot would soon get filled by traders, too.

That sounds like a nice spot, but indeed, not sure how long it may last. On most days this summer after getting food at Bengal BBQ, it's been hard to find a place to sit! So I'm not sure how long the managers will that go.
I still really liked when the patio near Goofy's was blocked off, and they weren't allowing us to trade in Paradise Gardens, folks went to Rancho Del Zocalo. Plenty of big tables, they also have the heaters during the winter time! I'm not sure how the lighting is later at night however.
Also of note, since they added the new wifi hot spots, there is now internet signal by both Goofy's Sky School and Rancho Del Zocalo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back