• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Announcement DisneyPinForum Changes – February 2024

DisneyPinForum Changes - February 2024

Hey all!

As I'm sure many of you may have noticed, there have been some changes across DPF over the month of February — below is a summary of additions and changes for this month:

DPF Chat is back!

Live chat is back here on DPF! Chat with fellow members, organize trades, and participate in future giveaways!​
For more information view the announcement, or the quick guide.
1708465378498.png

DPF Marketplace – One-Click Management

By clicking the 1708386700034.png button in your marketplace thread (located in the top right), the prefix will automatically change to 1708385414136.png after confirming with the message below. The thread will also be automatically closed and archived.
1708386772881.png

Auctions – Automatically Expiring Prefixes

Automatically Expiring Prefixes are available in the Auction House — this allows you to set a date/time when your auction will automatically have its prefix changed; no more manual management of your auctions!
  • When your auction closes, the Prefix will automatically change to 1708385414136.png
  • The thread will still remain open for posting, so that the winner may be declared, and details can be coordinated.
  • Please make use of this new feature when making trade auction threads! It helps you and makes the moderating team's job easier! :)
1708385220148.png

New Reactions

We've added a few more fun reactions to the list, so you can really show how you feel about a post :p
Hovering over the reaction to a single post will present you with all the options:
1709667357372.png

Emoji Support ✅

The forum now supports most emojis (in your posts and thread titles) from your mobile phone keyboard!​
Go nuts! 🥜 🎉🥳

General Housekeeping
With regard to the less active subforums, there has been a lot of activity in reorganizing the forums and subforums. We hope these changes make for a more active and engaging experience for DPF users. Forum changes, thread moves, organization, and general forum housekeeping actions for February 2024 are below:
The Vinylmation forum has now been absorbed into the "Other Disney Collectibles" forum.
  • If you wish to find old Vinylmation-related threads, filter in the forum on the 1708381501817.png prefix. This prefix can also be used going forward for other vinyl figures, such at FunkoPOPs, etc.
The DPF Game Forum has been consolidated and absorbed into the main Disney Pin Discussion forum.
  • Games have now all been moved to the main "Disney Pin Discussion" forum with the 1708381284066.png prefix. If you wish to find previous DPF games, filter the main forum for the 1708381284066.png prefix.
  • Pin-based games involving exchange or the giveaway of pins will still be kept separate in the "Pin Games" forum
ZAPs and RAKs have been consolidated
  • The archive forum has been removed and all archived threads have been placed back into the main ZAPs and RAKs forum.
  • The Pin Zaps & Swaps forum has also been moved to the "Disney Pin Trading" Forum category. This is more in line with Random Acts of Kindness, since there is no exchange taking place.
  • DPF Has a very long history of ZAPs and RAKs (82+ pages worth of threads!), and cordoning off older threads separates this long history from recent random acts of kindness — we hope making the entire history available and searchable will again encourage more RAKs and Zaps. Let's keep the magic going!
The DPF Auction House has been consolidated
  • All completed auctions have been moved back out into the main forum
    • Please use the prefixes to easily filter for active and ended auctions (although by default, most active auctions will readily appear at the top of the forum)
The "Anything Goes" section has been renamed "Beyond Pin Trading"
  • to better represent the subforums that exist under that header and better represent the interests of the DPF Community.

General Forum Thread Prefixes

To further streamline the forum experience, new prefixes have been created in general discussion forums, and work in the same way they do in the DPF Marketplace.
These prefixes serve as visual tags for the thread content within, and we encourage you to use them as much as possible, and provide feedback on any other prefixes we may need — the goal is to keep the forum as organized and as easy as possible for you to find relevant information. The Admins & Moderators are hard at work tagging previous threads with prefixes to make your forum and pin research experience better.
DPF General Prefixes
1708623171384.png

Other Disney Collectibles Prefixes
1708465022546.png
Disney Resorts & Properties (more to come)
1708465120921.png
***Please note that some prefixes are only available for use in specific forums.***
With prefixes, you can filter forums for threads with the particular content you're looking for — this option is available at the top of the forum before the thread listing:
1708466737942.png
Prefix filtering is also available at the main forum listing, separated by group type:
1709052244452.png

RE: Prefixes — This is where we could use your help!

What are some other prefixes you'd like to see?
Some initial thoughts would be resort-based prefixes Such as DLR/WDW/DLP/Asia/DSF & DSSH, etc... — these would make it easier to visually identify threads pertinent to a particular resort or source of pins.​
If you have any suggestions on Prefix sets, or individual prefixes that we can use across DPF, let us know below!

As always, thank you for being a part of the DPF community, and for your continued support — there are many more changes (and giveaways!) in store, so stay tuned!
- The DPF Team -

Last edited:
Wow! Thanks for all the hard work! :)

I love this!

That's a lot of work!

Great changes!

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk

Great Updates. Looking forward to seeing and using them.

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love the new updates!
Thank you all -- the mod team and I are hard at work behind the scenes to make this a more engaging community :) We're hoping to do some quick giveaways soon, and hopefully we'll see some new faces!

I also just saw that I get an email when I have a new response to a conversation. I don't think I was getting those emails previously. I'm in here enough that it wasn't missed, but a nice addition/update.

Is it possible to have the prefix filter at the top of the entire forum page? Or some other way to get to it globally? It's very handy to find things within a forum, but the same prefix might be used on things in different forums so I still need to click around on the forums to track things down. If it was at the top, I could find all threads on a given topic regardless of which forum they are posted in. Thanks for considering!

Is it possible to have the prefix filter at the top of the entire forum page? Or some other way to get to it globally? It's very handy to find things within a forum, but the same prefix might be used on things in different forums so I still need to click around on the forums to track things down. If it was at the top, I could find all threads on a given topic regardless of which forum they are posted in. Thanks for considering!
yes! it should be possible -- let me look into it.

Reactions: Ajk
I also just saw that I get an email when I have a new response to a conversation. I don't think I was getting those emails previously. I'm in here enough that it wasn't missed, but a nice addition/update.
email delivery was something that hasn't been working for a long time, due to how it was setup (gmail doesnt allow emails like that from a personal account, so i had to setup an account on the disneypinforum.com domain and use that) -- glad to hear it's working again!

Reactions: Ajk

yes! it should be possible -- let me look into it.
@Ajk — I've added prefix filtering to top the main forum listing; they're grouped by type (as prefixes are grouped on the back end by type)

The first post has also been updated with this information.

Enjoy!

1709052258836.png

Back