• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!
Status
Not open for further replies.
DisneyStore.com Sneak Peeks & New Releases
Well it looks like the framed 110th set is a limited edition of 5 and costs $2000.

Was the princess set released this morning? Have I missed it?

No it was not. The releases were the patriotic pin, Mulan, Bedknobs and Broomsticks, nifty nineties, d23 fox and hound, and Trick or Treat Huey/Dewey/Louie.

Phew! Thank goodness for that. I did a search for it and there it was sold out! Heart in mouth moment there!

Slightly worried that when you search for the princess set there's a box at the bottom saying D23 membership required. there's no mention of it on the actual page though. Do you thinkit'll be D23 only, or that they've put the wrong box under the image on the search page?

They are placeholders. When they are ready to release the pins they can just flip a switch and they are for sale. It is a common practice with DS.com.

Edit: I noticed that d23 box too. I have a hard time believing that an le150 set with 10pins from D23 would be JUST $200. The 5 pin D23 set that was released recently was $150.

Last edited:
If it is D23, do you know whetehr you can purchase a D23 subscription in the same order as a D23 pin? Do you think it would let you do that?

Ah, so something other than the Framed Set and the Princess Set got released. :) That's OK then. That Princess set is really good value consider the edition size. It's $20 per pin.

I just tried to add a D23 pin to my basket and check out and it wouldn't let me, but when I add a D23 subscription I can check out. so I guess I answered my own question there!

I just tried to add a D23 pin to my basket and check out and it wouldn't let me, but when I add a D23 subscription I can check out. so I guess I answered my own question there!

There you go. Using logic. Melonballer approves.

There you go. Using logic. Melonballer approves.
Hahaha!

So what are you going to do Anastasia? Buy the membership, or no?

Melonballer, I realize that some times there are placeholders on preview listings, which turn out to not be true, but has this ever happened specifically with D23 exclusive buttons, that you know of?

If I have to buy it to get the Princess set I'll buy it. Won't eb otherwise as postage for it to the UK is a nightmare!

If I have to buy it to get the Princess set I'll buy it. Won't eb otherwise as postage for it to the UK is a nightmare!
But how will you know whether you have to buy it or not until after the princess set is actually released? They may sell out before you complete your D23 transaction.

I tried to buy a D23 pin earlier and it wouldn't let me check out, but when I added the D23 subscription it let me progress to check out. so I assume (hope) that I'd be able to order oth at the same time.

All a bit of a mute point now, as a friend is letting me use their account if I need to. :)

Liana brought this to my attention:

If you go to disneystore.com and type "all pins" into the search box, then stroll to the bottom of second page, you can see the link for princess pin set.

I do not recall any place holder pages showing on ds.com in the past. I am wondering if this is a gimmick to increase D23 sales just before their expo.

I think I am having a small heart attack over this princess set. I am sooooo glad they are limiting it to 1 per guest. I hope they stick to it.

I am not seeing where it says D23 on the box in the picture?

Last edited:
Hahaha!

So what are you going to do Anastasia? Buy the membership, or no?

Melonballer, I realize that some times there are placeholders on preview listings, which turn out to not be true, but has this ever happened specifically with D23 exclusive buttons, that you know of?

The D23 Beauty and the Beast Anniv pin was put up and then pulled after a few days...

I think I am having a small heart attack over this princess set. I am sooooo glad they are limiting it to 1 per guest. I hope they stick to it.

I am not seeing where it says D23 on the box in the picture?

They have been doing the pin limit 1 per guest (per order) for nearly a year now...If your really quick, you could order more than one, but they have to be on separate orders and I suppose Disney could cancel the additional unit orders so more people could get the set.

Okay, heres a few more questions. How much is CA sales tax on $200, and is paypal accepted (Will it work if I already have money in my account, I rather not use my debit card). Sorry for all the questions, but I've never purchased directly from Disney.com before.

Okay, heres a few more questions. How much is CA sales tax on $200, and is paypal accepted (Will it work if I already have money in my account, I rather not use my debit card). Sorry for all the questions, but I've never purchased directly from Disney.com before.

Don't know about CA sales tax, but I do know that PayPal is accepted and will pull from your balance first. I've found PayPal to be the best/easiest way to go when paying too.

Sales tax is 8.75% so tax would be $17.50

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back