• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

DisneyStore Limited Edition 17" Dolls Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
DisneyStore Limited Edition 17" Dolls Discussion
So.... Disney Radio posted this:
"While the products of the Snow Queen (frozen) seem to be a success worldwide and the Aurora , Philip and Maleficent limited dolls are getting ready to go out in a few weeks , it seems that Disney has understood how to make money !
In our American source , very reliable so far, three new dolls are expected to emerge in 2015 These dolls are limited edition usual format ( 45cm or 17 ” ), we do not yet know the number of copies or the release date . So we made ​​several assumptions :
With the arrival of the spring , the short film ” Frozen Fever ” , the dolls could emerge as last year, in March .
The release of the movie Cinderella is also scheduled for March and will be accompanied by a limited doll , which would delay the release of the three models ” The Snow Queen ” until later in the year. ( In October , instead of Jasmine ? )
Or simply , Disney decided to please its fans, by projecting the short film ” Frozen Fever” before the movie Cinderella and release 4 dolls on the same day / month!
Anyway, three new dolls released in 2015, it will be : Elsa , Anna and Kristoff . We have prepared an overview of possible outfits from the film, to wait until the first visual . Of course it is also possible that the outfits are inspired by the short film.”

http://radiodisneyclub.fr/nouvelles-poupees-limitees-reine-neiges-2015/

Very interesting. I REALLY don't want Disney to do more Frozen dolls, but that's sadly what it probably will be. Then again, we could be lucky and finally get Pocahontas and Mulan. Then a Cruella is possible given how popular she is. But at the end of the day It could just be the Aladdin dolls. Either way I highly doubt any of them are for Cinderella. Maleficent didn't get a doll, so I don't expect Cinderella to get one either ( a hot toys figure is more likely).

Very exciting stuff to read. I'm getting very eager about Maleficent. Plus 101 Dalmatians is being re-released in February, perhaps maybe a Cruella De Vil 17". Not sure how popular she would be but I think she could make a beautiful doll.

OMG YES!
I completely forget about Cruella.
I would be completely shocked if they don't release one.

Oh my god, yes please! I really want an Elsa doll with her braid! And hopefully Anna has a really cute birthday dress she'll be released in.
Though I don't concur with RDCs musings – I don't think the dresses will be any from the first movie. Altough maybe Kristoff might get his iconic look?

I sense next year being very expensive in dolls for me. ;). I'd especially like to get Elsa, Anna, Jasmine, and Cinderella if they do her, and I'd like Kristoff too, but that's really pushing it. I almost hope they do release the Frozen ones later in the year so I could afford it. :p

I really can't see them doing a live action Cinderella. And they are going way overboard with Frozen dolls! Atleast for me next year will be a cheap year as the only one I'm slightly interested in is Elsa. This year is very expensive though:(. I want Aurora & Maleficent. Hopefully can go to a store and queue for them. I really would like to know how Disney plan on making sure their site doesn't crash like in March when they are releasing four dolls on the same day!!
Still unsure on whether I want Phillip, guess depends how he looks.
Really hope they learnt from Eric and give Phillip nice sculpted hair! The rooted hair on guys just looks bad and really cheapens the doll.

Last edited:
I feel like I've been neglecting my doll-collecting-forum-watching, so thought I'd do a quick post to say thanks to Lord for opening this thread! I was soooo lucky to have preordered Aurora; I was so close to missing out and literally cried, but snagged her thanks to the amazing people here (a Princess collection just isn't complete without Sleeping Beauty!) As for Maleficent, I'm REALLY excited for her! She's an awesome villai and I hope she looks like one of the old Mattel versions (highly movie accurate). I'm soooo hoping her raven is included!
As much as I'm loving the idea of a Phillip, I'm a bit scared how he's going to turn out with his hair! Hehe

Last edited:
I am fine with Phillip having rooted hair if they do it right. Shang had rooted hair on some of his earlier dolls and he looked great (though his hair is longer than the other princes). Disney just can't design short rooted hair well for some odd reason. They could always go a completely different route and do sculpted hair with flocking on it, but I feel that would come off looking cheap.

I still think that Philip will have rooted hair. For regular sized dolls, it's fine for them to have molded hair, but molded hair for a 17in doll with a head that size will cheapen it. And I'm sure that for a doll with that size of a head will have rooted hair.

Last edited:
I think Phillips hair might be better cause it's not as long and stylised as Eric's. I mean, all they need to do is curl the fringe.

I was a little disappointed wit Eric to be honest. I bought him anyway but I'm not sure I'll want to continue with the prince dolls. But it's always easier to purchase them at release time and decide later. I'm waiting to see what Phillip looks like first.

I'm excited about more Frozen dolls but at the same time running out of room for these massive 17" boxes. lol.

I was a little disappointed wit Eric to be honest. I bought him anyway but I'm not sure I'll want to continue with the prince dolls. But it's always easier to purchase them at release time and decide later. I'm waiting to see what Phillip looks like first.

I'm excited about more Frozen dolls but at the same time running out of room for these massive 17" boxes. lol.

Lol I know how you feel. I will only be getting aurora, and already I'm trying to decide how to rearrange my room so she can fit and not look crowded in there. And then there's only six more dolls that I actually want so that will be a BIG problem.

When do you think we will see images? UK DisneyStore hasn't yet confirmed the release date of Aurora. Just "sometime October". As for Philip and Malificent......its not in the system. Yet. Hopefully soon! :)

When do you think we will see images? UK DisneyStore hasn't yet confirmed the release date of Aurora. Just "sometime October". As for Philip and Malificent......its not in the system. Yet. Hopefully soon! :)

i think the pics will be released a day before, or on the same day on aurora as a surprise release. And for auroras release date, I'm sure the uk can get her on October 7.

They do do raffles in-store for the 17", too, right?

If so, and if Designer Cinderella comes out the same day, as well as surprise Philip and Maleficent...that is a heck of a lot of raffle boxes to drop names into. :lol:

The 17 inch dolls are always first come first serve, so it would be a good idea to get to your store super early if they are going to be selling Maleficent and Phillip (once they are officially announced, I expect Disney to release a list of stores that will have them). As for when we will see them, I expect them to start popping up within the next two weeks seeing after that the dolls will finally be available. I am currently scrambling to sell pieces of my collection I am fine parting with and doing small odd end jobs just so I will have enough for Maleficent lol.

I'm just literally counting down the days until I can pick up aurora. I can be so very impatient.

I feel you only for me its Maleficent im getting impatient for. Ever since the release of the Ariel dolls last year, I have been anticipating the release of Maleficent (and Aurora and Phillip too I suppose even though I am not getting them). I just want pictures already lol. That would, at the very least, satisfy me until her release.

So I am not exactly sure how, but according to doll pages on Facebook as well as Chad Alan (YouTuber that does a lot of toy and doll reviews for those of you who don't know), it has now been officially confirmed for the US that Maleficent and Phillip are being released October 7th. No edition sizes or pictures yet, but it has now been confirmed apparently.

So I called my Disney Store today and they said they aren't sure if they are going to be getting Maleficent and Phillip since they didn't get Ursula and Eric!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back