• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

DisneyStore Limited Edition 17" Dolls Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
DisneyStore Limited Edition 17" Dolls Discussion
I like how the new Belle turned out. I think the white fur trim would have been nice if they kept it on the cape. The dress does look somewhat like the Designer Dolls instead of the usual gem-stone type dresses of 17" dolls, but I think they want this doll to match with The Beast doll. He probably won't have any gems on him but can have embroidery and patterns on his cape and shirt. They are individual dolls but I think they are going to be made to compliment each other.
I think with her pink skirt underneath it looks like it's a very thin, light fabric similar to Aurora's 60th doll and I bet that kind of fabric is hard to embroider or put gems on - or at least it doesn't look as good on such an airy fabric. I'm really curious to see the other dolls now!!

How much do the 17" dolls usually cost? And when approximately, will she be released? I don't do a lot of dolls, but I do collect Beauty and the Beast, and she's beautiful. I love it when they do things with her alternate dresses and not just the ballgown and even Provincial Belle.

Here's a wonderful FAQ from http://disneylimitededitiondolls.tumblr.com/ for all you newcomers! As stated on the last page, she's for pre-order in stores 8/2 and online 8/3 for $119.95. European release date has not been set yet.

I’m receiving a lot of questions with concerns about how to pre-order Belle so I hope this guide helps! If one of your questions is not answered here, feel free to message me and I will add the question to this list.How do pre-orders work?If you plan to pre-order in-store, then you have to go to the store the day of the pre-order and pay the full amount up front for the doll. You will receive a voucher that you must bring back on the day of the release to claim your doll in-store. By pre-ordering in-store, you must pick up your doll at that same exact store. No exceptions.If you plan to pre-order online, then you have to wait until 12 am PST for the pre-order to come online and make your purchase there. Please note: your card will initially be charged for the full amount so Disney can ensure that you have the appropriate funds for the doll. However, Disney will put that amount back onto your card after a couple of days and you will not officially be charged for the doll until it ships. Online pre-orders ship directly to your house. I highly recommend being online when the pre-order comes out because they sell out very quickly.How do you purchase the dolls? What are some tips?
For online purchases: The dolls appear online on the official date at 12 am PST/3 am EST. Here are some tips to purchasing online:
  1. Have an account already made on Disneystore.com with your credit card information already entered in it.
  2. Add the doll to your cart and check out immediately.
  3. Use code SHIPMAGIC to get free shipping. You enter this code when you are on the checkout page. (*EDIT* As of now, the free shipping code is SAVEMORE. I believe this is a temporary code because of the current sale online now. If the code changes I will let you all know!)
  4. Do not buy more than two of the same doll to be shipped to your house (like on separate accounts). Disney will cancel one of your orders and possibly might cancel the second one as well. I have heard horrible stories about it.
  5. Stay calm and patient. The website will more than likely be very slow. When the page is trying to load, do not keep hitting refresh, especially when you make it to the checkout process.
  6. Be online right when the dolls are about to come up, which is 12 am PST. They might show up a little after 12 am, so keep refreshing on Disneystore.com until they pop up. Check my blog as well because I will post the online link as soon as it is active.
  7. Know the three digit code on the back of your credit card because it will be required come payment time.
For in-store purchases:
  1. Make sure you call the store today and confirm with them that they are receiving the dolls
  2. Ask the cast members where the line will begin, and if there are any rules that need to be followed.
  3. Try to find out how the security in the mall works. From what I have heard, some malls do not allow you to stand outside stores really early and others have no problem with it.
  4. Get there early! I recommend getting to store at least one hour early. You may not want to wait it, but at least you will have a better chance at getting the doll than if you get to the store right when it opens.
  5. You have to be 18 or older to purchase these dolls, so if you are under that age make sure you bring an adult with you.
  6. Even if you are older than 18, BRING YOUR ID. The stores do check for ID and if you don’t have it, that could absolutely prevent you from purchasing the dolls.
  7. Stay calm, and do not worry. If you get to the store early, they will most likely hand out line-up cards which means once you have the card, you are guaranteed the doll.

This release will be chaos for the EU. I just checked the DS Facebook page and our date is 20th September for the 500 dolls.

Fair play to Disney store for this Belle doll, she is beautiful and its great they are exploring different outfits.

I'll definitely be trying to get hold of her but \i'm very skeptical with the low number.

Last edited:
I really want her!
Has anyone done a pre order from the US? Do they go quick? I don't want to wait til September and miss out like jasmine and ff dolls.

Most of the time they sell out quickly, so I would suggest pre-ordering as early as you can (and especially since this edition of Belle has already been so well-received, I would expect her to sell out earlier than Jasmine and some of the other earlier 17'' dolls).

Depending on whether you want to pre-order in the store or online, you should either be ready to go to your local store whenever it opens on August 2nd or wait up online for the pre-order link to be posted at 12 AM PST August 3rd. chubs191 posted a really great FAQ about pre-ordering tips for both methods a few posts above mine for extra suggestions. :D

I hope you are able to get her!

Most of the time they sell out quickly, so I would suggest pre-ordering as early as you can (and especially since this edition of Belle has already been so well-received, I would expect her to sell out earlier than Jasmine and some of the other earlier 17'' dolls).

Depending on whether you want to pre-order in the store or online, you should either be ready to go to your local store whenever it opens on August 2nd or wait up online for the pre-order link to be posted at 12 AM PST August 3rd. chubs191 posted a really great FAQ about pre-ordering tips for both methods a few posts above mine for extra suggestions. :D

I hope you are able to get her!

I'm in the UK, so just wondered if anyone has done a pre-order from US to UK

I expect this pre-order to go as fast as the Aurora pre-order that happened in 2014 (if not faster). These dolls are almost always popular, but you rarely see stock photos create this much positive buzz anymore, and considering that BatB is one of Disney's most popular and celebrated films, I don't expect this doll to last for very long at all.

I absolutely love how Belle turned out!! She's gorgeous just from the photo which are usually not as good as the actual doll. Now I usually like to sit back and listen to all the bitching and moaning about now she's not done right or as perfect as people had wished but there seems to be much less this time around. Well done Disney gorgeous doll

I absolutely love how Belle turned out!! She's gorgeous just from the photo which are usually not as good as the actual doll. Now I usually like to sit back and listen to all the bitching and moaning about now she's not done right or as perfect as people had wished but there seems to be much less this time around. Well done Disney gorgeous doll

Maybe people got tired of people like you who put them under a negative light. Or people who will blindly thank and follow the DisneyStore for everything they release.
There's nothing wrong about criticizing something. You can still love something and look at it objectively, not everything can be perfect. And if you're ok with being shortchanged then it's not their fault.

This a community and it should be open to all kinds of discussions, even if that includes "bitching and moaning". Please don't use such language because it discourages people from freely expressing their opinion. You shouldn't make people feel bad about their opinions.

I don't think Starlord3301 meant to make anyone feel bad about complaining about the line even if the language came across as a little harsh. There is no denying that there is a lot of negativity surrounding releases anymore, and while I think 90% of it is justified given how poorly Disney handles these dolls sometimes, it can be a bit of a downer. Not all negativity is necessarily constructive criticism, as some people just can't be satisfied and I have seen my fair share of naysayers in that regard. And this is coming from someone who has criticized the Disney Store numerous times in the past. Its just nice to see a doll release that most people seem to universally love and be positive about (probably because Disney actually tried to make a reveal stock photo look good for a change).

New LE Belle doll is simply adorable! I will try to buy her defenetly. I did not get 1st LE Belle doll but I guess this one is even better. Good job, Disney!

Last edited:
It looks like I’m in the minority, but I think that the new LE Belle doll is kind of boring. Her dress looks like cut-up pieces of my grandmother’s curtains, and her face doesn’t have much of an expression. To each their own, but she doesn’t suit my personal taste. I’m hoping that the LE Gaston doll will have a movie-accurate body. The 2013 Gaston doll was too scraggly and scrawny.

yea stay up and preorder if possible....i have a feeling she will go fast...lots of people LOVE belle

It looks like I’m in the minority, but I think that the new LE Belle doll is kind of boring. Her dress looks like cut-up pieces of my grandmother’s curtains, and her face doesn’t have much of an expression. To each their own, but she doesn’t suit my personal taste. I’m hoping that the LE Gaston doll will have a movie-accurate body. The 2013 Gaston doll was too scraggly and scrawny.

omg I love this doll and its deffo the nicest one in a while but their was something about the pattern that reminded me of something and you said it- grandmas curtains!!
I won't be getting this doll as it doesn't scream Belle and its not a iconic look. Wish they had added the fur to the hood. However it is beautiful

I know I'm like behind by forever but I finally saw Alice in person today at my Disney store and she's absolutely gorgeous! I am so blown away by her, everything was perfect. I did not buy her because there were three and clearly not selling so I'm holding out for them to drop the price.

i hated the first movie but I'm actually starting to warm up to the sequel.

Okay, I need a secondary opinion on this. There is a seller who is about an hour and a half outside my city who is selling purple and wedding Rapunzel. I've offered to do a partial trade for them and make the trek to meet her in person (this trek costs 25 bucks on the regional train). She has offered to sell her two Rapunzel dolls for 900 plus my blue Aurora, Maleficent, and Prince Philip LE dolls. Can someone tell me if this is a fair trade?

PS. All prices are in Canadian dollars.

Take it and run!!! 1 U.S dollar costs 1.33$ cad at the bank today and the exchange will go up again tomorrow. This means you would be paying 1000$ usd for both dolls including the value of your three dolls (at 125$ usd each because they are worth around retail value). I think it's in your advantage!!

Well, it doesn't sound like a steal but the total value is reasonably close to what I've seen on ebay - and like you say, it's CAD. Canadian sellers are like unicorns, so rare but so awesome because you don't deal with terrible currency conversion rates, no service charge for doing the conversion, NO CUSTOMS FEES, no shipping stress and the ability to inspect the dolls in person before committing. If Rapunzel means enough to you that you're comfortable spending the money/parting with those dolls, that trade has a lot going for it!

I don't think Starlord3301 meant to make anyone feel bad about complaining about the line even if the language came across as a little harsh. There is no denying that there is a lot of negativity surrounding releases anymore, and while I think 90% of it is justified given how poorly Disney handles these dolls sometimes, it can be a bit of a downer. Not all negativity is necessarily constructive criticism, as some people just can't be satisfied and I have seen my fair share of naysayers in that regard. And this is coming from someone who has criticized the Disney Store numerous times in the past. Its just nice to see a doll release that most people seem to universally love and be positive about (probably because Disney actually tried to make a reveal stock photo look good for a change).

This right here no intention of making anyone feel bad just expressing my opinion which this forum is intended for. There is lots of negativity about every release and I find it amusing when people sit here and argue about a doll or argue at all on the internet it's the Internet no use in arguing with a stranger. I know I have not loved or liked dolls Disney has released in the past. So no I don't blindly love everything Disney puts out as someone here said. People complain all they want it's their opinion again it's their opinion on the product being offered. This is a good community to be apart of and it is good to finally see something that seems to be more loved than hated. As for language I'm Italain that comes naturally no intentions of being harsh..

Both the Beast and Gaston have been officially revealed by Disney! For the first time ever, they will apparently be going up for pre-order on the same day as Belle instead of being surprise releases in September. I think they both turned out fantastic!
6a013481198b41970c01bb0921e3d9970d-pi

6a013481198b41970c01b7c87e6b46970b-pi

Last edited:
At first glance I didn't really care for the Beast, but I'm loving him more the more I look at him. the details on his cloak!!! Definitely gonna try for him. Gaston looks pretty good, but no way I can afford all 3.

WOW!! I have nothing but good things to say about both of them. I love that the Beast is also wearing his winter outfit-he and Belle are going to look AMAZING next to each other! Everything about him looks top-notch, from the face mold to the birds to the exquisite design of the cape. In my opinion he is tied with Prince Phillip as the best male doll Disney has made thus far.

Gaston also looks great, especially the face mold (which I was really worried wouldn't look like him like other male dolls in the past, lol). I like that they used the over-the-top "suitor" ensemble and that they gave him the Beast's mirror. Even though he didn't actually have the mirror until much later on in the movie, I can understand why they used it as an accessory instead of his gun or a beer flask from the tavern. No doubt any parents who collect the dolls for their kids would have been furious.

The one thing I'm worried about now is that all three of them are going to be released at the same time, which will certainly increase the chances of an online crash come August 3rd. Hopefully I'm wrong and there's no trouble, but I was already worried about it when it was just going to be Belle coming out that day and Disney Store's track record isn't exactly the best.

But as far as the dolls themselves go, I think they all look spectacular and were well worth the wait! :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back