• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

DisneyStore Limited Edition 17" Dolls Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
DisneyStore Limited Edition 17" Dolls Discussion
never ever was a release this stupid time to call my bank and pray some more. indeed Disney should charge only when the order is confirmed otherwise I wouldn't even try it 22 times

I got my LE Belle doll! But without free shipping.. I will contact to disneystore to correct it. Her ordering was very difficult and nervous. I'm sorry what ordering disney limited edition dolls is so trouble. In Russia at this time is day-time not night-time. I don't understand why disneystore open orders of limited edition dolls at night for his country. Disneystore did not hold any money on my credit card but I recieved email confirmation about my order.

I agree. I mean it's a toss up; living outside of the US means not being eligible for the free shipping, so if they were to spread the dolls out over a couple of weeks/days (at least), then we'd pay heaps more in shipping fees... however, it might make it not so difficult. But who knows? I think it really is just the Disneystore website not working. In total, the three dolls + shipping (to Australia was about $155 USD) was going to come to $680 Australian dollars.

That's absurd. They need to figure out their international shipping and stop using UPS, who charges insane brokerage fees. They need to set something up like Sephora where it gets shipped to a sorting facility and then gets picked up from there by the country's local postal service. Or just use the USPS for their international orders and same thing- the local postal office will take care of it once it crosses the border. I like UPS for local deliveries as it's very fast, but I don't want to pay them $40 more than usual just because they deliver it to a destination that's like 45 minutes over the border. Drives me absolutely bonkers, although it's not nearly as bad as Australia. I'd offer to have an extra set sent here then ship it out to you via the normal mail carriers, but unfortunately it'd probably end up being more expensive after customs into Canada then to Australia :( Maybe if we complain enough, they'll finally listen and work out a better shipping method for their international customers.

It was terrible! Up at 2:50 and tried until 4:45am. Just now hours later I'm able to submit an order for Belle. However I didn't get an email yet. I think that means it will be cancelled? Right?

No. Sometimes emails are delayed.

I didn't stay up for the launch and it looks like the site crashed again last night. It's up and running now. I was able to add all three dolls and get to check-out.

I don't think Disney has taken the money on your cards yet. I think they put a hold on it until the dolls are shipped. You can call Guest services this morning and they will send an email to the proper department. I don't think the dolls will all be sold out today.

Here is what I saw in FB page of Disneystore.

Lina Silver i just called them
"your bank will refundb you the money and its your fault as you autherised the payment but you miss the doll"

So, the money would be back but no doll. What I don't understand is how can we authorize a payment with no valid order?

It's definitely not our fault, because I kept getting an error message at the end and it looked like the order didn't go through.

It is 100% their fault... the site has been acting up for weeks. Not like they didn't have time to fix it. Also, the whole "order didn't go through" thing. If they have it set up to take money without the order actually being completed that is technically stealing.

So it's weird how many people have gotten holds and no confirmation. I got a confirmation and no hold. Not sure what to do about that. Really hoping they don't cancel my order! Disney has been doing this for how many years now? They really need to get their act together.

Looks like all three are still readily available on the US site --probably because you had to wrestle it to the ground last night to get an order to go through! :facepalm:

Site finally works for me if I used a guest account. I was able to get the Beast, but Belle was sold out. I guess I'll have to resort to using eBay in September. Hopefully she won't be too expensive

If you got an email confirmation you are fine but to be on the safe side you can always call your credit card die and ask them if they see a pending charge on the card.

This launch is a nightmare. I've been collecting since 2014 and I've never seen it being this bad. Belle becomes available for 5 minutes and then becomes unavailable for 10 minutes. You know they still have her in stock because the pre-order button is still there. I am willing to bet people will end up getting extra Belles...all this because they can't build a better program to process orders.

Just wait a few minutes. I am almost positive she is still available. I think the system releases her in increments. Just keep trying or keep pushing the pre-order button...that's how I got mine.

I placed the order for Belle and got the confirmation email, but seeing the problems that you guys, including myself, were facing with the website, I checked on the order tracking to make sure they got the shipping and billing addresses matched up, and they looked good. Hopefully I don't get the cancellation email from all the hoopla from last night! But yeah, the website needs to handle the 17 inch limited edition releases better, because this was absolutely ridiculous!

Keep trying everybody!

I was just able to get Belle through Safari after clicking Pre-Order for about thirty minutes. It was certainly the longest thirty minutes I've had in a long time, but it was worth it (I also got an email right away, so hopefully everything's in the clear)!

Congratulations to everyone who was able to get the dolls they wanted, and I hope Disney Store resolves ALL of the credit card issues as soon as possible. :) I love their products, but their website is downright ridiculous when it comes to the constant crashes every time a new product comes out.

I can't go back to page 279 as this web page keeps crashing so can someone please bring me up to speed on what is going on with the dolls. Like everyone else, I could not get my orders processed because I was using the free shipping code. Then after 1 hour and 45 minutes I was able to order all 3 dolls on separate orders but I still do not have any email confirmation and no authorizations on my bank card but my orders still appear valid on my account order status.Just to be safe I just ordered Beast again and it went through fine even with the free shipping code but even though the order appears valid under my account order status, there is no confirmation email and no authorization on my bank card. What is the official explanation from the Disney Website Customer Service reps?

Just now went to the site to see if my orders appear under my account (I have confirmation emails, but just double-checking) and I get a “Generic Error” message --even when I select “all orders” or input specific order numbers. Not good, Mr. Mouse!

Just now went to the site to see if my orders appear under my account (I have confirmation emails, but just double-checking) and I get a “Generic Error” message --even when I select “all orders” or input specific order numbers. Not good, Mr. Mouse!

Same here.

Here's what I figured.

Each account has a GuestID. Once your GuestID shows a generic error message at checkout, it never goes away. If you want to view old orders, it shows generic error. If you wanna change the address, it shows Generic Error. It has nothing to do with the account, but with the website. You can also call them and ask for an order status. Worst of all is that it won't let you check the order status even if you log out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back