• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Dizpins Reference Center- Use It!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dizpins Reference Center- Use It!

YoSoyAhPuch

hello
DPF Charter Member
Rating - 100%
91   0   0
A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away...

... there was a site called Dizpins. There, you could find information on upcoming pin releases, common pin lingo, and a nice forum full of great pin traders. One of the most useful tools they provided was their reference center. While Dizpins has been inactive for some time, their reference center is still working.

What is the Dizpins reference center?

28271_Z.jpg
Want to trade, sell or buy a pin and need references?
Stop by here and see if they are listed!
This reference center is strictly a source of information on prior POSITIVETrades/Sales/Purchases.

This was the place where you would leave a reference after a good trade. Lately, more and more people have been trading via Facebook or Instagram and it can be hard to determine if someone has a good pin trading reputation or not. Sometimes people disappear mid-trade, or they have their friends "vouch" for them. Using the Dizpins reference center might be a good way to help keep yourself safe from bad traders. We use our DPF reference center, but it doesn't hurt to have an alternative for people outside of the forum. Does the person you're trading with have zero positive trade references? Maybe explain the reference system and get them started. It will help them out in the long run.

I just thought I'd put this out there. I try to keep my Dizpins references up to date, and I ask that a reference be left there for trades not made on the forum.

I hope this helps. Take some time to look it over.

And don't forget:

"PLEASE use your best judgment when arranging ANY internet transaction."

- Alex

I was just introduced to this about a month ago... wish I would have known sooner so I could have built up some references! I went back and listed people I had good trades with after finding out about it.

I use it when I make trades on Pinpics. It's good to have when you are trading with people you don't know. Nice idea sharing this info. Thanks.

I've got a few feedbacks on there from when I've used pin pics to trade, but I've built up more of a rep here so I'd rather people see my feedback from here or eBay.

Thanks so much for pointing this out. I know there are a lot of traders who have been trading for YEARS (I am one of them), who use that site to leave references -- and to check on them. There seem to be a lot of new traders offering trades through the Pinpics new site, which does not use email, and are not willing to share their email. I know references are no assurance of a successful trade, but it is an indicator. So, thanks for the great information!

Bobbie

I keep forgetting to ask the traders I work with to leave references on Dizpins. I always check mail addresses on Dizpins when someone mails me about a trade request or something like that, so Dizpins comes in handy for me. I think I have about five references now, that's not a lot but it's something.

I STILL use the Reference site on Dizpins to BOTH check and leave feedback. If my memory serves me right I THINK that there use to be a link in the DPF.com toolbar to the site to leave References. I also use the Reference facility here on DPF.com.

Mike S.
Figment919

Yes I still use it ...and maybe dpp could add a link to it on the site..I wish I knew who still had it ,as I have to update my email addy ...

I think the best way to get peopel to use a feedback system is to integrate it to their account your rating. Like the DPF feedback score displayed below our name. Since DisneyPinPlace is the "trader's website" so to speak and would seem to be willing to listen to suggestions...I think it would be great to find a way to incoorperate Dizpins reference with DPP account once we get the trading part up and active. Like, show the traders feedback score next to their name on the screen where you would be clicking who to trade with. Then you will get people to have a vested interest in their score and leaving feedback. When the sites are totally dis-integrated you lose that.

I try to remember to use it, but I generally forget. I think I have a few references on there. I usually only remember if the other trader reminds me to leave a reference. But I don't trade through DPP or Pinpics much, just through DPF so I mostly leave references here and direct people to here to show I have references.

I think the best way to get peopel to use a feedback system is to integrate it to their account your rating. Like the DPF feedback score displayed below our name. Since DisneyPinPlace is the "trader's website" so to speak and would seem to be willing to listen to suggestions...I think it would be great to find a way to incoorperate Dizpins reference with DPP account once we get the trading part up and active. Like, show the traders feedback score next to their name on the screen where you would be clicking who to trade with. Then you will get people to have a vested interest in their score and leaving feedback. When the sites are totally dis-integrated you lose that.

It would be nice to have something like that on DPP though, as I use that but have not done any trades through DPP yet.

Okay, so....who wants to start leaving me feedback for the game I had?! That's gotta at least be 30 feedbacks?

I did! I've sent PMs to people asking them to leave me feedback on Dizpins. Gotta send you a PM too Alex!

I've used it consistently for the last 13 years! But want to clarify that I believe Dizpins never owned the Reference Center. It was started by someone else? And then was given or purchased by Ralph (his last name escapes me at this late hour). He was active in keeping the site cleaned up, email addresses transferred, ect, and I could be wrong, that his house was demolished by one of the 3 hurricanes we had a few years back. I haven't heard or seen him since.

I would love if we or DPP could purchase the site, but don't know who to contact.

I leave references on the Dizpins Reference Center for email and pinpics trades. I use the Forum's feedback for the Forum and I've only made 2 FB trades. They are so hard for me to follow, and I see lots of people getting scammed, or big scams that involve a lot of people at once.

Last edited:
I still use it too. But there's a whole crop of new traders who haven't been introduced to this site... especially the Facebook and Instagram traders. And that's where people are getting scammed the most by disreputable traders/sellers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back