• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

DLP Rapunzel Christmas Event - Surprise Maximus

Status
Not open for further replies.
DLP Rapunzel Christmas Event - Surprise Maximus

Loomi

Active DPF Member
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
Hi all! :)

I recently got this pin from a well known auction site. If I'm honest I placed a bid expecting to be outbid, forgot about it and then won it. It seems like I got a cheap deal. I just want to be sure it is real before I trade it away.

I had heard that pin on pin pins are not often scrapped.. or ppssibly made that up in my head.. but I just wanted to be sure on this one. Here are pics of my actual pin ...

2ccmj4p.jpg

30lcua0.jpg

As a note the pic is not too clear but the thing on the right hand side of the red banner (dunno what it is) is actually defined, not just a weird blob which it kind of looks like in this pic xD

My queries ...
Is the lining supposed to be gold like mine, i.e. all the lines on edges are gold, the little dlp castle and the other thing on the red banner are gold? In other pics they look sort of black but could just be the lighting in the photo. In fact even in my pic it looks dulled, not gold, even though it IS gold ha ha.
Are all the stamps on the back right? It does have a number and the 'Le Noel de Raiponce' stamp..
The is only one little numb by the side of the pin post.. it that right?

Apart from that it is nice, no sharp edges, no borders, no weird colours that I could see..

Would love to see pics of other's pins to compare! Look forward to hearing your thoughts.

When the pins are scanned and sometimes photo ed there's an optical illusion that happens on gold metals where it reflects back black.

This pin looks good and all the packaging seems legit.

The dip pan pins are not often but sometimes are scrapped so you do have to be careful. I believe this is a good pin though.

Looks fine to me. The number looks to be how they do it as well (scrapper sellers have a number too, but they use a different type of font from what I can tell)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back