• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Auction Ended: DLR 2015 Hidden Mickey Mad Tea Party Cup 5 Pin Set, Ends: Sunday, January 28, 8pm MST

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auction Ended: DLR 2015 Hidden Mickey Mad Tea Party Cup 5 Pin Set, Ends: Sunday, January 28, 8pm MST

TheMickeyMouseRules

Cat Expert Mouse Authority and Paperfolder
Staff member
DPF Super Moderator
Rating - 100%
232   0   0
One of my favorite aspects of pin trading is searching the parks for the hidden mickey pins. I enjoy looking for them and I recently realized I had located a second complete set of the Mad Tea Party Cup set (the first set is part of my permanent collection). Thus, I decided to hold my first auction ever and offer this complete five pin set of the hidden mickey mad tea party cups for bids.

These pins have decent pin demand ranging from the yellow tea cup (124 want, 71 trading) to the blue, orange and pink cups (~148 wants to ~55 trading).

To determine your best bid please review my Pinpics 'wants. My Pinpics username is the same at DPF: akbecker246.

In a nutshell my first and primary collection is MICKEY MOUSE (yes, I love the Mouse). Its been a lifelong love. I could not wait to see Mickey Mouse when I was seven during my only childhood trip to DLR (road trip from Michigan... yes it was a road trip back in the 70's.) My parents STILL periodically bring up my excitement (jumping up and down and smiling from ear to ear) at age seven in conversations (it was that memorable for us).

My secondary collections are:
1) Cheshire (who can resist a smiling pink cat!)
2) Maleficent (loved the retelling of Maleficent's story!)
3) Star Wars (have quite a few mystery collections to complete...)

Last edited:
Pictures of the actual pins the winner of this auction will receive.

Lovely set!
fdbb30a2cfebe451b2538c74d589a37d.jpg
77836bc33c69fe40cc1f40f6674dbb9c.jpg

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Its so true though... these auctions could be amazing or could be a suction. I think you have come up (inadvertently) with a new word for an auction gone bad. :)
Nice!

As someone who collects this set obsessively lol (like I trade for every one I see) - please be aware these pins have been faked. From the pics, your set looks potentially okay, but just be aware there are bad fakes of these out there. I've definitely seen fakes of yellow, green and pink so far. The fakes started hitting the parks in September.

If I could see these in person, I might trade you for them/make an offer, but knowing they've been faked I'd be cautious about them online. Just for your reference too!

As someone who collects this set obsessively lol (like I trade for every one I see) - please be aware these pins have been faked. From the pics, your set looks potentially okay, but just be aware there are bad fakes of these out there. I've definitely seen fakes of yellow, green and pink so far. The fakes started hitting the parks in September.

If I could see these in person, I might trade you for them/make an offer, but knowing they've been faked I'd be cautious about them online. Just for your reference too!

I understand your caution... I am also very cautious and would not have posted pins which have any hint of being faked. Most of these were traded for over a year ago (except the blue/green one). The blue/green one was traded for this past fall. If I recall correctly, I traded for it at the Disneyland hotel at Thanksgiving. They had probably 10-15 of the plastic baggies of 2015 hidden mickey's from wave B. They pulled them out of their closet behind the desk, when they queried me on what I was looking for (2017 orange Minnie icon) to see if they could help me complete my 2017 set. These pins in the closet had not been circulated or placed on the boards yet... at all. All the pins in the baggies were from 2015 wave B (the hotel said they found them recently... so likely why they still had brand new 2015 pins kicking around in 2017.) Lucky for me they also were able to come up with the 2017 orange Minnie icon and I also completed my 2017 set that day.

Anyway, that being said... I am pretty good at spotting the fakes. I have been obsessively collecting hidden mickey pins since 2014 and have not lost my love of trading with the pin boards in the parks.

Last edited:
The following tests were completed on these tea cups (tested at time of trade from board, as well as again today before I posted this auction).
1) smooth finish on top, no dips or valleys
2) no rough edges (between this and test #7 probably the first tests I do of any pin I trade for... I feel the edges)
3) no border on the back (ie, the waffle pattern goes full on to the edges)
4) no odd numbering on back (ie, fakes pins where every pin in the set is stamped 4 of 5 on the back)
5) passed the drop test. Light weight cheap fakes usually have a thin cheap tin sound. The pins in this auction sound solid & similar when gently dropped on the same wooden surface.
6) all the same thickness
7) weight is appropriate (not super light... like many fakes)
8) colors match to other pins from the set I own

I hope the DPF community will accept these tea cups are legitimate and not fakes based on the tests above and feel free to bid away if you are interested in gaining a non-faked set of the tea cups.

Last edited:
The following tests were completed on these tea cups (tested at time of trade from board, as well as again today before I posted this auction).
1) smooth finish on top, no dips or valleys
2) no rough edges (between this and test #7 probably the first tests I do of any pin I trade for... I feel the edges)
3) no border on the back (ie, the waffle pattern goes full on to the edges)
4) no odd numbering on back (ie, fakes pins where every pin in the set is stamped 4 of 5 on the back)
5) passed the drop test. Light weight cheap fakes usually have a thin cheap tin sound. The pins in this auction sound solid & similar when gently dropped on the same wooden surface.
6) all the same thickness
7) weight is appropriate (not super light... like many fakes)
8) colors match to other pins from the set I own

I hope the DPF community will accept these tea cups are legitimate and not fakes based on the tests above and feel free to bid away if you are interested in gaining a non-faked set of the tea cups.
If anyone was hesitant because they are Hidden Mickey pins, I have recently traded akbecker246 for:

Pin 112041 DLR - 2015 Hidden Mickey Mad Tea Party Cups - Pink

From this set, the pin was 100% authentic!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

If anyone was hesitant because they are Hidden Mickey pins, I have recently traded akbecker246 for:

Pin 112041 DLR - 2015 Hidden Mickey Mad Tea Party Cups - Pink

From this set, the pin was 100% authentic!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Thank you for the feedback. Appreciated!

Its a lovely set... one of my favorite of the HM sets since I started trading for them in 2014.

So nice to see a Mickey collector ! He doesn't get enough pin credit, in my opinion.

And with that said, I have star wars pins. I am bidding:

Pin 104023 DS - Star Wars Pin Collection Series 2 - Bossk
Pin 104021 DS - Star Wars Pin Collection Series 2 - Taun Taun

Yay! And I am now able to post a leaderboard (my first leaderboard ever...) Love both bids! Thank you!

Leaderboard:
1) This and That
2) Curiousdinah

The winner is This and That.

Thank you to both bidders (curiousdinah and This and That).

And thank you Sami and Momin.ator for your kind words and support during this my first auction.

And I will close this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back