• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

DLR DLR for WDW trading partners?

Status
Not open for further replies.
DLR DLR for WDW trading partners?

Frog Sultan

New DPF Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I was wondering if anyone has a friend they have met through this forum that happens to live near the opposite park you live by and if you have any types of agreements with trades. The reason I ask is because I just bought the Keyhole Characters pins (both the Alice in Wonderland and the Tinkerbell) on eBay cuz I thought they were really cool and thought to myself "hey, it would be cool if someone I knew lived in Florida and could get me the pins direct from the park and trade it to me for the DLR release pins like the Ink and Paint series or something else they would want". If you do have this type of arrangement, how did you go about finding someone. I know I'm new so I wouldn't expect anyone to be jumping up and down to make trades with an unknown, but the future is always brighter, right?! Hopefully someday I can follow your advice and meet some Florida peeps that would be willing to pick up pins for me, and vice versa.

You post here and ask if someone wants to be a pinpal. When you make trades with people in FL then you can ask if they are interested in doing that. Some are and others are not. I've done it with DLR and Europe. I know people that have setups with DLP. If someone is interested in pins in the "other" park you can work something out.

You can always do a test run and make sure they send 1 pin before you do multiples. Also try and setup the agreement up front. Don't want someone requesting more than you are getting. Also be aware some pins are very popular so you may have to "work" to make sure you get it for your pin pal.

Good luck!

I think once you get to know people here, and people get to know you as well, you'll be able to find a trading partner. :) Just be active and post. Join the games, the chat about tv shows and movies, video games, etc.

I have a pinpal on the other coast and he has pin pals in Tokyo, Prais and Hong Kong and we all work together, it's fun to get things you wouldn't usually and I like helping others out when I can :)

Awesome to hear! Thank you everyone for your replies. I have been lurking on this site daily, and I'm learning more each time I log in! My wife is already bracing herself for the worst since I tend to get what she considers to be a little too involved in my hobbies. LOL! She is collecting Christmas ornaments at the parks since I started collecting pins. She was surprised to see the pins I got in the mail last week since I "forgot" to tell her I bought them! Hopefully she takes to them like I took to the pins. Then I could always apologize for my impulse buys by finding her a cool ornament. I'm sure I am not the only one with this problem LMAO!

I have been looking for some WDW and DLP people to be pinpals with for sometime. I guess it's all who you know. One of my friends tries as much as he can to help his Paris and Florida contacts get DSF and DLR pins and they usually help him out when pins he needs when they come out. I think it's wonderful idea and I hope I can find someone who will do the same for me someday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back