DLR Pin Quest

Discussion in 'Disney Pin Discussion' started by Stewbaws, Aug 24, 2018.

1. Stewbaws

Stewbaws Newbie collector

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Hi guys...

When I visited DLR at the end of 2016 I noticed there was a Pin Quest. Sadly I missed out as we didn't have a lot of time.

I'm potentially heading back to DLR in October and wondered if anyone knew if it's still going as I think I read it was limited? I'll be on my own this time so all the time I need to enjoy some pin hunting :)

2. timeerkat

timeerkat Your Friend Who Likes To Play

Rating - 100%
    250   0   0

The latest Pin Quest is over, I believe. (I’ll be at the parks this weekend and can confirm). However, in the 2018 preview thread there are a bunch of photos of preview boards from the EPCOT trade event, and a new series of Pin Quest pins were shown. I’m not sure if they were for DLR or WDW and they didn’t have a release date that I could see, but it’s possible that it might be at DLR and start by the time you get there.

3. Stewbaws

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Thanks @timeerkat I'll keep my fingers crossed :)

4. pincrazy

pincrazy Active Member

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0

Sorry DLR doesn't have one, seems it's at AK, WDW.
    You'll find traders with their books Thursday at Westward Go, and Sunday at the picnic area.

5. Stewbaws

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Thanks!! :)
    Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

6. pincrazy

pincrazy Active Member

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0

You're welcome
    Not sure how well it went over at DLR, especially the cost or pin design ... It didn't sell out. If the pins were better, although LR, weren't too exciting, although some traders participated
    You'll have fun looking for the HMs. : l

Stewbaws likes this.
  7. Stewbaws

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Yeah I just remembered seeing them when I visited, didn't think much about it until I saw someone's picture of their framed map and completed pins haha.

The hunt appealed and with pins as "reward" even better ;)

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

8. pincrazy

pincrazy Active Member

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0

I think Disney thought so too.
    I wanted to try, but my budget is tight. Since the pins were so so I wanted to use the $$ towards LE/LRs instead.

But as you mentioned framed and together it does look impressive.