• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

DLR Trading Tables???

Status
Not open for further replies.
DLR Trading Tables???
Just got back from DLR. The LGM tables are gone and this area is for stroller parking for Star Tours. There are five tables at Westward Ho. They all have new signs on the tables on the Disney Pin Trading Guidelines.

They didn't happen to add lights to the area around the tables at Westward Ho did they? Hmmmmm. If not I guess there are only daylight hours for pin trading, which means for those who live in So Cal and go after work, time will be limited. ( not me, but it sounds unfair)

Vicki

*Take post with huge grain of salt*

I spoke with a cast member at Fly-N-Buy today about the new tables. They're actually pretty neat, tables with chairs. YAY! CHAIRS! Something that the HO was always missing. He said that the parks were working on getting the tables away from the HO to "try and get rid of the vultures." I'm not really sure how they plan that work, and sounds like an iffy plan to me at that. Complete hear-say, but that's what the CMs are saying.

i think what they mean by vultures are those who constantly ask people to buy them pins for whatever it is they want.ho is 1 of the ,if not the most popular pin stores giving traders who set up there easy access to have purchase pin trades.maybe this will cut down some of this but not all.

Another biit of info for pin traders:
I was told by a CM a couple of weeks ago, that this is the last year that the CM's will wear lanyards to trade with the public.
NO MORE [in trading between Cm's on duty & the publis in 2012.
This info came from a very reliable source.
This applies to DL, no clue as to WDW, but I would imagine itouldbe similiar.

I was told by a CM a couple of weeks ago, that this is the last year that the CM's will wear lanyards to trade with the public.

And thus was the death of pin trading. Well, at least for many of the smaller amateurs like myself. Sadness :(.

So if this is true, could this be the end of Hidden Mickey pins also?

I'm kind of tired, so I'm not sure I'll make a great "voice of reason" here, but let's not overreact to stuff. Like, there was a brief concern the tables were removed; it turns out they weren't removed; in fact we got new tables at DCA; all is well. Replacing that concern with an unsourced - and frankly ludicruous - rumor that the park's going to end CM pin trading entirely seems pretty over the top.

-JD

My husband and I were at DLR this past week (sun-fri) and we traded at the Westward Ho tables. We had a great time and there appeared to be no indication that independent pin trading was being phased out. We also visited the pin trading table area in front of the AP renewal center and that was also a vibrant scene. Trading w/ CM was also great and we found lots of letters! The CM's working the main street parade traffic control had lanyards loaded with letters right before the afternoon parade.

We did not visit the new trading area in the other park so no info to report about that scene, sorry.

I am sorry but I don't believe this for a second. Disney makes way too much money from pins and this is due to pin trading. I don't know how many new pin trader families I see at the park who have just started because they see the pins on cast members and other people pin trading with them. Families spend hundreds on starter sets, packs, boosters, rack pins, etc. Do you think Disney wants to part with that money? I don't think so. There is no way they are going to stop pin trading at DLR.

I am sorry but I don't believe this for a second. Disney makes way too much money from pins and this is due to pin trading. I don't know how many new pin trader families I see at the park who have just started because they see the pins on cast members and other people pin trading with them. Families spend hundreds on starter sets, packs, boosters, rack pins, etc. Do you think Disney wants to part with that money? I don't think so. There is no way they are going to stop pin trading at DLR.

I totally agree.....

Just came back from DLR. I asked one of the guys who was doing the book at the Ho (who I heard was a manager) about this rumor. He said that he hadn't heard anything about it, and would be surprised if they stopped doing CM trades with all of the hidden mickey promotions they have coming up.

Also, the new tables at DCA are starting to have traders. While it is nice that they have chairs, it does make it a bit awkward to look at binders that are placed so low.

And in regards to my post earlier, I meant the annual pass umbrella area. My apologies. I forgot that the Coke corner was a different area.

I was told by a CM a couple of weeks ago, that this is the last year that the
CM's will wear lanyards to trade with the public.
NO MORE [in trading between
Cm's on duty & the publis in 2012.
This info came from a very reliable
source.
Please don't read my following comments in a snotty tone of voice, I don't mean it to be...I'm actually laughing (not at you): CMs are just as bad or worse as guests with spreading rumors, whether it's just something they heard or "know" as a "fact." Even Disney at higher levels half the time doesn't let one hand know what the other is doing. So the "very reliable source" CM may have been told one thing, but his or her source probably didn't know what they were talking about either.

Maybe it's just me but I do not or/and do not care about trading with cast members.

But I do look at the pins on their lanyards and now all the new hip ones. Especially this last Friday for Star Tours, I did notice that there were alot of the Cast members with pins. More than I have ever seen. I do not see inpark trading leaving it's a buying cycle that creates revenue as posted prior.

Good luck on the next lanyard trade, I'm the one behind you looking what you just traded for. Ooh, an Alphabet Letter. My son did those in Kindergarten last year. J/k. :)

CMs are just as bad or worse as guests with spreading rumors, whether it's just something they heard or "know" as a "fact." Even Disney at higher levels half the time doesn't let one hand know what the other is doing. So the "very reliable source" CM may have been told one thing, but his or her source probably didn't know what they were talking about either.

+1

This happens to my wife and I all the time. I have been told four different conflicting stories about the same event in the same day. You really can't go by what they say; they spread rumors just like everyone else. There are very few CMs that we trust with info about pin trading. I only know of one who is a pin trader that also keeps himself current on pin related news and events and facts in the park and he is the ONLY one that has never lead us astray. I don't know if I can post his name, but I think there are those who know who I am talking about; a really cool middle aged slightly bald white guy in Frontier Land...

nice. cool you didnt give a name. I got a buddy down there also. she/he asked me to never use her/his name. i told her/him i had not and would never. Im not sure if all CMs are the same. But my friend said she/he signed a paper that says any art they makes or any ideas they have are now disneys. i have also been told by her/him that disney has ppl online looking for ppl that brake the rules. i think they are mostly looking at Cms that try to sell things or use there job in a non disney way.

i think they are mostly looking at Cms that try to sell things or use there job in a non disney way.

From what I understand, this is absolutely right; I know of several employees that right now are under a very careful gaze from Mickey's eye for doing some unscrupulous things. There are CMs that have gotten the boot in the past for using their employee discount to make a profit and Disney does NOT like it. They will be kind and offer several warnings, but do it too much and next thing you know, you are out of a job.

you can take all the pins you want. dont stress. ppl are going to trade pins at dlr for ever. i see ppl with 5 or six books. but than there are ppl like my fam. we have about 70 pins total. room for all pin traders at mickeys house.

"Its All About The pins"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back