• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

DLR DLR Window to the Magic Pin Release - Tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.
DLR DLR Window to the Magic Pin Release - Tomorrow

That70sGirl

New DPF Member
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Tomorrow will be the first time I want to arrive early to get a pin the day it's being released at DLR. I've done several at DSF. I'm wondering what the procedure is at DLR. How early can I show up? What's recommended? Does anyone have experience with the window pins, do they sell out quickly?

No special process for the Windows series, so far. This is pretty much an 8:00 am release at Pin Traders in Downtown Disney and inside the two Parks. Some people like to get there about 30 minutes early and get them at Pin Traders.

If you are dead set on going early. Go to Downtown Disney parking, and wait at the DTD Pin Traders store. It opens an hour before the park I think, so 7am. You can also probably get them at the hotels and the World of Disney store without needing to enter the park. If you want to go in the park you can take the monorail to Tomorrowland station and go to Little Green Men. Parking is free until 11am at DTD parking.

Parking is free until 11am at DTD parking.

Wait, what??? Does this mean if you enter DTD parking at 9am, they only start the three hours of free parking at 11am so you're able to get free parking until 2pm?? Or are you saying there is no one at the ticket booths to take your money until 11am so really, it's free to park up until 11am even if you enter at 6 or 7am?

Even I think I've confused myself here... :lol:

I think mark was saying if I aim for the 8am release and go to DTD that I will have free parking until 11am. I have a premium pass though so I've got free parking at Mickey & Friends either way. This has all been very helpful. Thanks everyone!

And I agree, the design isn't the greatest on this one. But it's an Alice pin and I collect Alice... I'm hoping to be pleasantly surprised by the design in person. Ha!

Last edited:
I think mark was saying if I aim for the 8am release and go to DTD that I will have free parking until 11am. I have a premium pass though so I've got free parking at Mickey & Friends either way. This has all been very helpful. Thanks everyone!

And I agree, the design isn't the greatest on this one. But it's an Alice pin and I collect Alice... I'm hoping to be pleasantly surprised by the design in person. Ha!

The ticket booths are closed till 11am, the gates are locked in open position. But you have to take a ticket to enter no matter what time you go in. But for earlier campouts, say 3am or 4am arrival, the Mickey & Friends trams don't run yet. So you do DTD parking and move/leave before booths open at 11. For Alice, I see you like Mad-T-Party so you might be an Alice fan, but this pin is heinous and I think will be for sale a week+ after tomorrow. Just my opinion. But if you go early, you should definetly bring trader pins, it may be the only time you see new hidden mickey's on lanyards. All the sharks and their guppies have been swarming strong lately!

Thus far, no WttM release has been difficult. No wristbands, no lines, and available at several locations. I have attended all the releases so far, and none have lead me to believe this Alice pin will sell out for at least a day or three. :)

Don't panic. It is NOT like the DLR anniversary release.

The BatB release next month may be wristbanded. But I doubt it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back