• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Do I Have 2 Bad Pins or Just 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do I Have 2 Bad Pins or Just 1?

Haunted575

Super Active DPF Member
Rating - 100%
80   0   0
I received these two pins in trade. Snow White Stamp 82724 and Snow White Chaser 82725. The chaser is definitely not authentic as it is missing the crown in the lower left corner. I'm wondering if the color pin on the right looks legit? The only concern I have is the Mickey stamp does not go off the edge on the right. Can anyone compare their pin for me?

What a bummer...I am working on this set - both color and pink chasers - if anyone wants to trade.

ed929f5cc290cd3b8aef5d926434a843.jpg
1e88fd69c6386738660222dbf96d8c35.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think they're both real. I've not seen scrappers have a small prong next to the pin back. Check out pinpics

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

I wish I had the pin to look at the back for you! That "border" on the back always makes me question a pin, too. Pinpics may not have a counterfeit warning for this pin, but when comparing their picture to yours (of the full color stamp), I noticed that Snow's lips in their pin appear to be red, while in your pin they are solid gold. Your pin appears to have noticeably thicker gold lines than theirs in general. I'm sorry to say, your pin looks like it could indeed be counterfeit. :(

Pink chaser is definitely fake, since the castle is not merely a screenprint like the regular version but actually part of the enamel design. I would be wary of the regular version as well, not because of the lips (the pink color is screenprinted on, and can be rubbed off accidentally. This has happened to me before), but because of the border on the back. Several pins (both regular and chaser) in this series are being sold/have been sold by a known counterfeit seller on eBay, so at least part of the set, if not all, has been faked. I found some clear pictures of what seem like a real set, and the borders are crisp and clear and go all the way to the edge. Although, with Disney's incredible lack of quality control these days, it can be hard to determine with sloppy borders. Unfortunately I don't have any of these pins in my collection to compare to. Hope this helps!

Thanks everyone. I did end up undoing the trade and returning these pins to the sender. Sigh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back