• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Do they exist: Sealed booster sets / mystery pack fakes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do they exist: Sealed booster sets / mystery pack fakes?

norjack

New DPF Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was looking to buy the different Star Wars vinylmation series on Ebay. From my understanding, there are a few fakes (stamps vs molded) of the individual pins, but....I noticed something else while I was browsing for sealed mystery packs.

While browsing pictures 2 separate subtle differences stuck out on series 1 and 2:

1)Some of the mystery packs on the backside were dark, and some were gold with a large question mark on them and

2)On some of the packs, the child warning label concerning not playing with the plastic packaging (found in the upper right hand corner) was on a white label, while on others the wording was simply stamped on the clear plastic. I also noticed this on other different Vinylmation packs from the Muppets, etc....

So, my question: Are these two variations normal for real pins, or does one of these provide signs of a "fake" sealed mystery pack? Do any fake, sealed "packs" exist, or have existed? Any help would be much appreciated.
confused24.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back