Do you collect any other dolls besides Disney?

Discussion in 'Other Disney Collectibles' started by Brii59, Jul 7, 2013.

1. MadWild

MadWild Member

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0

I would go for Cerise too, as I love her hat, outfit and hair! Apple comes up a close second, as her outfit is cute and I like her hair. Briar I like but she doesn't jump out at me - I'm not a hug fan of her hat. And hats count for a lot with me :p.

I've been told (I think it was earlier in this thread actually) that Hat-tastic Maddie will come in a playset with Cedar, so I guess she would keep Maddie company. Looking forward to seeing proper pictures of them though, I much prefer seeing owner photos than just seeing the promo shots. The pictures I've seen of Hat-tastic Apple on Tumblr are fantastic.

So do you collect all the Ever After High dolls or are you a selective collector like me? :)

2. OlafOlaf

OlafOlaf dreamer

Rating - 100%
    52   0   0

So some of you already know my mother collects BJD dolls and I tag along sometimes. Today, we received the newest model from IrrealDoll, Dryo. I think we ordered the white model (photo from their site). We already have an Enyo (the second photo), it's their previous model. At one time we had four Enyos, but we had to sell due to finances and we kept one.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

3. JanuaryGarnet

JanuaryGarnet Member

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

Can we count Tamashii Nations Figuarts as dolls even though they are action figures? My Sailor Venus Figure arrived from Tokyo yesterday and will look great next to Sailor Moon. The only problem is that her long molded hair gets in the way of the stand, making her more difficult to pose than usual.

Part of me also wants to buy the current TMNT action figures and a few Masters of the Universe Classics figures, but I just don't have room for everything I would want. Maybe when I have my own place again.

4. Argentine

Argentine All glory to the Helix!

Rating - 100%
    76   0   0

5. MadWild

MadWild Member

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0

What a cutie! I like those ears :D

I put all the photos I've taken of Maddie onto my computer. Bearing in mind I only got her on Monday, I have taken a whopping 62 photos. No wonder there was no memory left on my phone! I'm going to post my favourite four on Tumblr, I can post them here too if anyone is interested. I found that I have a cute teacup that matches her hair really well so got some cute ones of her sitting in/on/next to it. It's safe to say, I'm smitten...

6. Meritre

Meritre Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

I'd love to see some of the photos you made of her :)

7. MadWild

MadWild Member

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0

Here you go! I don't want to bombard the thread and take up loads of space, so I'll just post my favourite:

[​IMG]
    Here's the link to my Tumblr post if you want to see the other three.

I mentioned in that post that I am looking for someone to help me get the new variant of signature Maddie from the US, and I realised that it makes sense to ask here too just in case. I'm looking for the variant where she has darker make up, the lighter purple stand/hairbrush and only three dots on her lip instead of five. As far as I know, it is currently only available in Target at $19.99 (although I've been told they often have sales, and if you go to the customer service desk with evidence of it being cheaper elsewhere, such as Amazon or Walmart, they will match the price.)

I want her boxed so I think shipping is going to be around $24 but I'm not certain on that. I would obviously pay the cost, shipping and any Paypal fees, but I'm hoping that someone might be able to help me get her as affordably as possible (e.g. by getting her in the sale or matching prices). This isn't a variant that is currently in the UK and it seems it will be three+ months before it is. I'd love not to have to wait that long to have her signature doll, as I will already be waiting for even longer for Legacy Day and Hat-tastic since they're not even out in the US!

If you think you might be able to help, please let me know. Or even if you just have any info, such as a more accurate suggestion of what shipping would cost, I'd appreciate the help. Thank you lovely people!

8. Meritre

Meritre Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Your pictures are so pretty! I like the one with the bowl or cup or whatever the most.
    Sadly I'm not able to help you, as I do not live in the USA.

9. MadWild

MadWild Member

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0

Thank you! It's a tea cup :). It lives on my windowsill. I walked past it and just thought "Blue and purple - perfect for Maddie!" Plus it being a tea cup totally matches her tea obsession :p.

Fingers crossed I can find someone in the USA to help out. I've just realised I forgot that they have to pay tax on top of the listed price so it will be more than I thought... makes it possible that I might not be able to afford it, unless shipping is cheaper than I've estimated. Gah, this would all be easier if the variant would just come out in the UK asap! :p

10. sheldoal

sheldoal Member

0   0   0

I love the eyes used on most ball-joint dolls. Very pretty. I like the one with the bleeding heart on forehead best. What a cutie.

Madwild, I'd try to help with the variant, but my Target and Walmart (both an hr away) never seem to have Maddie, just Apple, Raven, and Hunter/Ashlynn pack. I buy all of mine, with exception of first two ever bought, from online sales on Amazon, Mattel, etc. I hate to pay full price if I can get them cheaper. So far, I have been lucky that there has been no damage to the boxes.

I just received Cedar and Cerise (regular) today from the Mattel sale. Cedar does not seem to have the dots on her lips that all the other dolls do. I was surprised that the wood effect is even under her chin. Nice detail. You don't notice it unless you look. I'm not sure how I feel about the lips, but I am sure they will grow on me.

As for am I selective, yes, but no. I collect other dolls, so I don't have space or funds to buy every Ever After High doll that comes out. I have so far stuck to just buying the one doll of each released character (just the regular ones). I am now up-to-date until Queen of Hearts and Dexter come out. I do not own any Legacy or Fairest dolls or any furniture kits. However, as I stated before, the tea party one is very tempting. :)

That tea cup, btw, was perfect match for Maddie!

11. MadWild

MadWild Member

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0

Aw, thank you anyway! How pants that your local store isn't well stocked, they ought to get that sorted. I'm with you on paying a lower price if possible though, I got my Getting Fairest Maddie on Amazon for the better price.

I think Cedar is really pretty with all her wood grain detail :). I don't think she's meant to have dots on her lips, from photos I've seen.

That makes sense, to get one of each character. If I had space I'd probably do that, but I know I'd be so tempted to get all of them :p. In a way, it's just as well I can limit myself with the excuse of space, otherwise I'd madly rushing about buying them all! I reckon you'll end up giving in to that tea party set though, it's going to be so pretty. We'll just have to see if you can resist :).

Ah, thank you! That was what I thought. I have a bit of a thing for tea cups (I actually make and sell tea cup candles) so I will have to hunt around for more of my cups to take photos of her with.

Do you de-box your EAH dolls?

12. MadWild

MadWild Member

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0

I just discovered an Etsy store that sells very cute handmade outfits for Monster High dolls. There's an adorable polka-dot hoodie! Wondering if they would fit EAH dolls... I'm guessing they might be too tight as EAH dolls are a little more 'curvy'... Does anyone know either way? Do MH clothes fit EAH dolls?

13. sheldoal

sheldoal Member

0   0   0

I don't debox. I place them on a shelf just like books. I pull them out to look at them. Saves lots of space. I may debox in future, though.

14. MadWild

MadWild Member

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0

I like the idea of them being on the shelf like books :)

So, I've just seen, thanks to the joy of Tumblr, the promo shots of the Madeline Hatter tea party set. Goodness me, it is gorgeous! I love the tea set itself, and the table. The only thing I'm not sure about is her hair being lighter.

I wish they'd hurry up the releases; at least once they're out in the US it gives me a vague idea that it'll be 2-3 months until they get here. When they haven't been released yet, the indefiniteness of the wait makes it feel so much longer! Plus I'm still looking for her signature doll, so waiting on that too. I guess this is a hobby you've got to have a lot of patience for!

Anyone got an answer to my question about the clothes?

15. Argentine

Argentine All glory to the Helix!

Rating - 100%
    76   0   0

Hat Tastic Maddie is so stinking adorable! I don't normally buy the sets, but I'll have to make an exception for her. <3 Madwild, it probably depends on the outfit. I just put my GF Apple in FCA Operetta's outfit though, and it looks great! :)

I just bought The Fox on SOOM's website, lord help me. I got her in tan, and as a full set. Thank god for layaway.

16. MadWild

MadWild Member

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0

Hehe, glad I'm not the only one in love with that set. Thanks for the answer about the clothes, too. That polka-dot jumper is tempting indeed!

I may finally have a lead in my hunt for new variant signature Maddie, crossing my fingers they find her in their local Target. I contacted UK Mattel customer services asking if they knew when the variant would come to the UK; they never replied, so I contacted again and they informed me "The Madeline Hatter Signature Doll is not part of our UK range". Okay, how come she's stocked in about 10 different shops then?... I think they got confused by me calling it the signature doll, which I only said as I thought it was the official term based on what's on the EAH website. It worries me if they know that little about their stock though...

Oooh yay for you buying The Fox, she looks a real cutie. Be sure to post photos when you get her! I know very little about BJDs (which I assume she is, please correct me if I'm wrong!) but I do love admiring them through pictures.

17. sheldoal

sheldoal Member

0   0   0

You know, the more I get into doll collecting, the more I wish I knew how to sew. I'd love to sew my own clothes for some of the dolls. I am tempted to go to my local Goodwill, find some $1 outfits that I like, and then use some free patterns and tutorials online to teach myself to sew. I don't have a sewing machine, but I can just do it by hand.

18. MadWild

MadWild Member

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0

Ditto! There are so many cute outfits I wish I could make. I can sew, just about, but can't make patterns. I might look for downloadable ones on Etsy and get some cute fabric, but I'd be nervous about just making a mess!

19. Meritre

Meritre Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Don't be afraid of making a mess, I'm sure you will not! Making a dress should be fun and it's not that difficult and even if the first one is perfect, the second one will be :)
    I want to make a few dresses, too, but first I need to get the doll I want to dress :)

Last edited: May 12, 2014
  20. sheldoal

sheldoal Member

0   0   0

Last edited: May 12, 2014
  21. iantheelephantboy

iantheelephantboy Member

0   0   0

OMG I think that Coronation Elsa looks Amazong! Can't wait to get myself one! :hs:

22. MadWild

MadWild Member

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0

23. sheldoal

sheldoal Member

0   0   0

][​IMG]Adorable! Cedar's hair is perfect. With the hat, it reminds me of an English woman going riding on some BBC miniseries. Love the teacups. <3 Definitely want all the Rebels.

Last edited: May 20, 2014
  24. MadWild

MadWild Member

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0

It looks so nice! I can hardly wait to get that Maddie and her playset. I wishi had enough storage/display space to get the others in the set, I love all their teacups :).

Anywho, I'm getting ahead of myself! I need to get hold of signature Maddie before I can start getting into the releases yet to come :p.

25. sheldoal

sheldoal Member

0   0   0

Maybe you could pile them on top of each other from floor to ceiling? :) I've seen people do that with both the 17" Disney Heirloom and the Designer dolls.

He looks so much better with glasses on!

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 20, 2014