Do you collect any other dolls besides Disney?

Discussion in 'Other Disney Collectibles' started by Brii59, Jul 7, 2013.

1. MadWild

MadWild Member

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0

Oh my goodness! She is sooo beautiful! I love her outfit, it's so detailed and pretty. So the big question is, are you happy with your first Pullip? :)

Romancing, can you post a link/pic of the one you mean? I don't think I've see Freya, unless you mean the Hujoo one?

2. Argentine

Argentine All glory to the Helix!

Rating - 100%
    76   0   0

I love her outfit, too! I really love her color scheme with the bright reds. <3 I am really happy with her, but I was pretty surprised. She is way bigger than I thought she would be! But she is very cute, and I think it's going to be fun finding accessories for her. My only complaint is the wrists. They are very limited in mobility, but I can live with it. :)

I second the request for Freya! Is it the same one from Junkyspot?

3. MadWild

MadWild Member

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0

Aww, I'm so glad you're happy with her! What size is she? I just realised I have no idea what size full size Pullips are, and only a vague notion of the size of mini Pullips. Speaking of which, there is one on Amazon for less than £20 at the moment, which seems like a bargain, but I don't know if it's worth getting a mini one as I know they don't have many (if any?) joints so there's no posability and they are pretty tiny... plus it's not one I specifically had in mind I wanted, but she is pretty cute... Any opinions guys?

4. Argentine

Rating - 100%
    76   0   0

5. MadWild

MadWild Member

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0

I've seen murmurings on Tumblr that the Thronecoming girls are listed on a UK toy store's website, so I'm hoping that means that the legacy day wave 2 will soon follow suit. I've been saving up ready to get Maddie :). Hopefully it won't be too long before Hat-Tastic Maddie comes over the ocean, too.

In other news, I've been looking at Makies (again...) and discovered that they have some really cute accessories in their shop, including an adorable tea set available in loads of different colours. If anyone is looking for props for photos or just cute little accessories, it's definitely worth looking - they have loads of hallowe'en type things, and even Blythe-size glasses! Plus they ship all round the world :).

Anyone bought any news dolls lately? This thread has been pretty quiet...

6. Argentine

Rating - 100%
    76   0   0

I added a SOOM Cuprit to my BJD collection. <3 I love, love, love her!

[​IMG] [​IMG]

7. MadWild

MadWild Member

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0

Ooooh my gosh, she is stunning! Absolutely stunning! What a lovely addition to your collection :).

I'm getting sorely tempted to get a Honey Swamp doll. I've never really felt a pull toward Monster High like I do with Maddie and Ever After High, but ever since I saw pictures of Honey, and now have started seeing her in shops, I just can't stop myself wanting to own her. I couldn't work out what made her jump out to me so much until I realised last night - her smile. She seems to have a different face sculpt, with a bigger smile, and as I love dolls that have a smile, I guess that's what makes me love her! I'm going to wait and see if she drops in price a little in shops and then I may just have to get her... She can go on my newly arranged doll shelf with my two beautiful Maddies :). Does anyone here have Honey? Please post pics if so, I just love looking at different photos of her :).

In other news, I think I've been looking at pictures of dolls too much. I found myself today looking at someone and thinking "They have a perfect doll's face, someone should make a doll with that face-up..." Bizzare. I hope I'm not alone in having random thoughts like that! Or perhaps I've just completely weirded you all out :p.

8. Romancing_Train

Romancing_Train EVERYPONY calm the buck down!

Rating - 100%
    169   0   0

Honey is one I'm still missing... D:

I love her so much but I picked up the gorgon lady because I love the pink and grey scheme like Rochelle (I'm a little hardcore in collecting Rochelle..or at least I want to be...I haven't gotten the swim one because you know...SHES AT JUSTICE ONLY ASDCFVSDXFRGBZSDFGTHBSZFRTGH, and I also collect Venus and my grandma collects Toralei)

But we like to get the really neat monster that they may only make one doll of. ((Not the new fusion ones..i haven't decided if I like them yet)

9. Romancing_Train

Rating - 100%
    169   0   0

PS this is freya

[​IMG]

I want the V2 though because it's slimmer and more articulated..

FOUND IT

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 16, 2014
  10. Argentine

Rating - 100%
    76   0   0

I knoooww! I love her so much! I thought she was lovely in pictures, but I got her home and she is so amazing. Cuprit was never high on my wants list, but wow, I was so wrong.

I love Honey! I don't have her, but I've seen her a lot around here. Her hair is pretty incredible. She has some pretty awesome details on her body sculpt as well.

and HAHAHA. I have doll thoughts way more than I should these days. You are not alone. I find myself wondering if these random prop-like objects in stores would be the right scale for my dolls. I have a strange fascination with watching faceup videos on youtube, too. :p

Romancing_Train: FREYA IS SO CUTE! OMG. *_______*

11. MadWild

MadWild Member

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0

I like Rochelle too, her and Twyla are the other two MH that I've been tempted to get (but resisted) before. Honey is tempting me even more though...

The fusion ones are pretty cool actually, have you seen the Toybox philosophers review of the centaur/harpy one? She posted some great pictures.
    Freya is very cute :). I think the second body looks better too, it seems a bit neater and more slimline.

It must be lovely to get a doll that you didn't know you were going to love as much as you do. Makes it even more special :).

Yeah I think that Honey's hair and body are fantastic. I saw some pictures on Tumblr where they re-styled her hair to be bride of frankenstein style and it looks amazing. It's just so wonderfully curly! I think her hat is brilliant too, and her shoes... *swoon*.

Phew, glad I'm not the only one having thoughts like that. I do the props thing too, every time I see something teeny weeny I wonder if it would be the right scale for Maddie. I'd love to find some cute furniture. I swear I could blame this thread for a lot of this though - I never used to be that fussed by dolls until you guys made me aware of Maddie, and now I spend my evenings reading doll blogs and online shopping :p.

12. sheldoal

sheldoal Member

0   0   0

That happened to me too. I started collecting because of the Animator line. Got into collecting Merida. Found Disney Pin Forum. Now I read faceup blogs because I want to learn how to reroot hair and repaint faces. My local craft store has miniatures, so I bought a basket and tiny books for my 12" Belle in the green library dress.

Once I teach myself to reroot, I am rerooting a 2014 Rapunzel. I bought a beautiful Holiday Barbie dress on eBay for her. The repaint skill set will take time, so I am not in rush on that step.

13. MadWild

MadWild Member

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0

Who's excited by the SDCC reveals? I really like Vandala Doubloons, although I think that might be a little bit because she has the same hair colours as Honey! It's awesome she's a pirate too though. They seem to have revealed loads of new MH stuff in the last day - the vinyls seem interesting, plus there's a few new lines. I don't collect MH but I know some of you guys do so I'm sure you must be excited about at least some of the new dolls :).

I'm really disappointed by the lack of EAH reveals though, what's with that? Pssh. Not that I should be wanting them to bring out more, it'll only make me more and more tempted to collect more than just Maddie. I'm still patiently* waiting for her Hat-tastic and Legacy Day dolls to make it to the UK.

Earlier today I ordered Honey Swamp as I found her on Asda's website (they're owned by Walmart, but I don't think the Asda stores here are the same as Walmart ones in the US... it's just really a supermarket) for the same price as Amazon sell her, which is great because I don't like to shop with Amazon. My other half is going to pick her up for me tomorrow as the only Asda near me is actually closer to his house and they do a free click and collect service so I figured I might as well save the postage. I'm so excited to get her, I just hope I don't get one with wonky eyes. I've seen a lot of her in shops and they've all looked fine so I'm hoping that she's a doll not particularly afflicted by wonk eye. I'm just happy to get her, I've fallen ridiculously in love :p. My first Monster High doll, eep!

So, for a bit of a conversation starter, if you own any MH, which doll was your first one?

*totally fibbing, not patient at all!

Last edited: Jul 27, 2014
  14. Eliatrope

Eliatrope New Member

0   0   0

My first MH was Frankie Stein, but my favourite is either Rochelle or Catrine. There are so many good ones though, I have a whole shelf full of them! I just barely started collecting the Disney dolls, I've been collecting monsters for quite awhile.

15. MadWild

MadWild Member

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0

Tch, Asda let me down. Even though the email they sent says very clearly that my package will be available for collection after 5pm today, it's now 11pm and the tracking shows it hasn't left the depot, so there's no chance of it getting to the store. I just hope it makes it tomorrow. It's pretty annoying when tomorrow is much less convenient, hence why I ordered it to arrive today. Disappointing indeed, I may have to put in a complaint about it. Hmph.

Eliatrope, I notice that was your first post so, welcome to DPF! If you have any pictures of your MH collection, I'd love to see them :).

16. Eliatrope

Eliatrope New Member

0   0   0

I don't have any recent pictures of my collection, half of it is in Georgia awaiting my return to college in September. I can say that I have a collection of 127 though (including my disney dolls).

17. sinslikescarlet

sinslikescarlet Member

0   0   0

I've gathered a good bit of Monster High, but my main collection is Ever After. I'm glad to say my collection is currently complete--even got SDCC Cerise. Of course, my main collection is Disney, with a focus on Pocahontas.

18. MadWild

MadWild Member

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0

I'm still waiting to get Honey :(. She didn't arrive in the store yesterday, and when I phoned Customer Services this morning they said they can't actually say why it is late, or when it will arrive, so basically they don't know anything. I've been given the head office number so I'll call them and make a formal complaint but other than that I'm stuck. Today is the last day that my other half is able to go to the store so if it's not there today, I'll have to cancel the order altogether and find her elsewhere. It sucks, I was so happy to be getting her but all this malarkey has spoilt it all for me :(.

19. Romancing_Train

Rating - 100%
    169   0   0

I'm so depressed about Sdcc Cerise. I collect wolf themed things and she's my absolute favorite eah girl...ug...yay more things I'll never own...

20. jscallon

jscallon Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

It seems that a lot of people collect monster high!

I collect Sailor Moon dolls :)
    [​IMG]

21. Arista

Arista New Member

0   0   0

I don't have any Disney dolls (besides an old 90s Ariel) but I do collect Barbie, Momoko and Asian BJDs.
    I hope to get at least two of the limited 17 inch Disney dolls.

22. Arista

Arista New Member

0   0   0

Wow, your Soom is gorgeous! :D

23. MadWild

MadWild Member

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0

I finally got Honey, yay! Boo to Asda for making it take so much longer than it should, but I'm so glad to have her. She is gorgeous. Only issue is that she has one loose hip and very stiff arms, and her stand is next to useless. I can live with it though, and looking at her standing on my shelf is making me happy :).

Anyone acquired any new dolls this week?

24. Jerseyprincess1017

Jerseyprincess1017 Member

0   0   0

I'm glad to see other EAH collectors on here. I only collect the basics. My collection is currently complete including Lizzie and SDCC Cerise.

25. MadWild

MadWild Member

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0

Yay for another EAH collector. I'd love to see pictures of your SDCC Cerise, she's so pretty.

I'm excited as Hat-Tastic Maddie has finally made it to the UK! She's currently way out of my price range but since she's only hit one store so far, I'm hoping that as she goes into other shops the price will drop. In the meantime, I can keep waiting and at least go look at the set in the shop. Legacy Day Maddie still hasn't reached the UK but I'm thinking it won't be much longer, maybe another month. So exciting!

I'm also excited as I think I might finally buy a Makie. I did two extra weeks of work this summer so with the extra money I thought I might treat myself. It depends on how much I get taxed though, so I have to wait until I actually get paid (end of Sept, argh!) before I'll know if I have enough spare. If the tax does take too much of then I guess at least I'll have some of the money to put aside and save until I can add to it. Either way, it's a step forward.

Does anyone know a good place/buyer to get a decent MH stand from? The one Honey came with is so flimsy that it's just bending backwards and I don't think it's going to last long... Could do with getting a replacement that will actually do the job it's designed for.