Do you collect any other dolls besides Disney?

Discussion in 'Other Disney Collectibles' started by Brii59, Jul 7, 2013.

1. Arista

Arista New Member

0   0   0

Cerise is fantastic. She's the only EAH doll I actually like! How much was she if you don't mind me asking?

2. Jerseyprincess1017

Jerseyprincess1017 Member

0   0   0

@madwild- I don't have pics right now. I'll take some and post them this weekend.

@arista- I traded last year's MH exclusive Webarella for her. We was $25 at SDCC but sold out within 10 minutes.

3. billnaisciguy

billnaisciguy Member

0   0   0

I collect mh dolls but not heavily. Just the ones I think are cute and can actually get

4. st0lenkiss

st0lenkiss Member

0   0   0

I have one Monster High doll, one Ever After High doll, and two Bratzillaz dolls :)

She's one of my faves:

[​IMG]

5. MadWild

MadWild Member

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0

That's a great photo! I love the eyes on these guys, they're so pretty.

I'm planning to order my Makie soon, just waiting for them to do an offer (sometimes they give free shipping). I've settled on all the accessories I want, and then cut that down a little as the total was getting rather high! Definitely getting my most favourite things though, and then the ones I want less will have to wait until I can afford them. So excited to get my Makie though, I can hardly wait to place the order! I did already get a little surprise goody bag of accessories, which is arrived yesterday. It contained three pairs of glasses, some cowboy boots and a guitar, so I'm delighted! Especially as the guitar is the perfect size for Maddie Hatter to look after until I get my Makie. Plus my medium zelf, Birchy, is wearing the Groucho Marx glasses. I'll put some photos up later if anyone wants to see :).

6. MadWild

MadWild Member

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0

Did I kill the conversation again? :p

7. Jerseyprincess1017

Jerseyprincess1017 Member

0   0   0

No the forum went down lol

8. MadWild

MadWild Member

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0

Oh I know, but there's been people commenting here since it went back up, it just has gone quiet again after a few days of activity.

9. sheldoal

sheldoal Member

0   0   0

Well, I just recently bought some Bratzilla witch dolls. Never bought any before but stumbled upon them while on Amazon. Same series as the red haired witch above. The glass eyes are so striking. I bought the purple haired one and the blue haired one. I don't even remember their names! I plan to put Disney dresses on them because I am not wild about the blue one's outfit. I have an extra Elsa dress that will go on her, and I may put the purple haired one in extra Rapunzel dress.

10. frenchi700

frenchi700 Member

0   0   0

Does anybody else collect Jem doll?

11. MadWild

MadWild Member

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0

I am beyond excited... I just ordered my Makie! I was crossing my fingers that they'd have an offer on this weekend so I was delighted when the email came through (it was a choice of a discount or a freebie!) I am so thrilled, can't wait for her to arrive. Now to wait for the two weeks whilst she is printed and assembled in London. I'm sure I'll be sharing pictures when she arrives :).

12. MadWild

MadWild Member

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0

I'm sure I'm being ignorant here, but which dolls do you mean? Is that Jem and the Holograms or is it a brand name? Please share photos if you have any!

I got an email that my Makie had gone to print yesterday, eep!

13. Argentine

Argentine All glory to the Helix!

Rating - 100%
    76   0   0

Ohhh!! That's so awesome! I cannot wait to see pictures. Make sure you post some once you get her. :D

I got my Soom - The Fox in yesterday! I love her so much~ <3 Here are two pictures, one with the 'human' head, and one with the 'fox' head. The flash brightened up the first picture, but she's a beautiful tan resin. A midde-ground between the two pictures. <3

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 3, 2014
  14. MadWild

MadWild Member

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0

Thank you! I'm so happy I got to get her. I'll be waiting anxiously for the next couple of weeks whilst they make her. And I'll share photos, for sure!

I saw your pictures on Tumblr. What a stunning girl she is! I love the hair, and her 'human' head is a lovely sculpt. What size is she? Oh, and does she have a name, other than 'the fox'? You must be so pleased to have her in your collection, she's gorgeous :).

15. MadWild

MadWild Member

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0

Guess who arrived....

[​IMG]

Squee! Look at her beautiful face! :D I forgot to take pictures of her in the outfit she first came in, so I need to change her back into it for a photo shoot. Plus I'd love to show off her different pairs of glasses and bunny slippers - basically, lots of pictures to take! I've got two other wigs for her too, but I need to get hold of a balloon to make a grippy skull cap before I can change out this pink one. In the mean time, she's enjoying looking out the window at her new home village, and meeting my Maddie Hatter and Honey Swamp dolls. Birchy the Zelf has been less friendly as he knows she wants her glasses back that he's been wearing for a fortnight...

If you want to see more pictures, I posted them on Tumblr.

16. DDCakes

DDCakes Member

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0

Hello, I am new to forum. I'm happy to find this thread, I am also a huge collector of Monster High and Ever After High. :)

17. MadWild

MadWild Member

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0

I posted a few more pictures on Tumblr, if anyone is interested, including Annie trying on some cute onesies, and her other wigs!

Here's a taster:
    [​IMG]

I showed her to the other half's parents, because his mum had seen me getting excited when I placed the order, and they were really impressed by her! I felt quite proud that two people with no interest in collectables or dolls would think that she's cool because she's 3D printed and has such good joints (that was his mum's main compliment for her). Little Annie is definitely the best thing I've bought in a long while :). Now to think about Makie number 2... :p

In other news, I've totally gone Lil' Zelf mad again since the new wave came out - the mushroom pots they come in are adorable, and so many cute little characters! Is anyone else here collecting them? I have a couple of duplicates, and would love to trade if anyone's interested.

The thread's gone quiet again... Let's chat, guys! Any new additions to collections lately? :)

18. DDCakes

DDCakes Member

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0

I have a gigantic Monster High doll and Ever After High Doll collection, but I also collect random dolls I find cute like the fairy tale La Dee Da Dolls. I also adore and own many custom doll. :)

19. Megfan

Megfan Active Member

Rating - 100%
    111   0   0

I saw on a tumblr that the Duchess Swan EAH doll should be out very soon (before Christmas). I know that her shoes and headpiece have been found on taobao so I really hope it's true.

20. MadWild

MadWild Member

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0

I saw that too! Posted by someone in the know, so hopefully it's true. Although of course, that will be the US release, so we in the UK will still have to wait. I'm still waiting for Maddie's Legacy Day doll to appear over here, and also having to wait for the price to drop on her Hat-tastic set. I wish there were more universal releases, rather than us having an extra few months of suspense...

21. Megfan

Megfan Active Member

Rating - 100%
    111   0   0

I'm waiting for the price to drop on the Hat tastic Maddie set too. :) Argos seem to have good sales in January before the new catalogue comes out so I'm hoping that around then it'll be at a price I want to pay. I do usually buy the new dolls from amazon.com though as their postage is usually pretty cheap and it works out at around retail price. The only exception was last Christmas when I bought Blondie from ebay for more than retail + postage. She's my favourite character so I just couldn't wait lol. I think I might have to do the same with Duchess (and MH Kimoyi) if they come out soon.

22. DDCakes

DDCakes Member

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0

I still haven't seen the second wave of Legacy Day dolls around my area, hopefully they show up soon.

23. MadWild

MadWild Member

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0

Ooh, thanks for the tip! I want to buy it from Argos as I have some gift vouchers, so I'm just waiting for their price to be low enough to actually use the vouchers. It's good to know when they do a good sale, thanks for that! Boo to it being in January though, that's ages away... But I guess maybe Legacy Day wave 2 will have made its way into the store by then and I might be able to get both Maddies :p.

Argos did have the Hat-Tastic set at 10% off for a while, but it went back up. It was still too expensive for me even with the 10%, so I hope it goes down a chunk more in future.

By the way, I swear you and I have loads of collecting interests in common! :)

DDCakes, I hope they show up for you soon! I've seen people posting on Tumblr just this week that they've found them in store for the first time in their area, so maybe they're making their way around the US and you'll find them soon. Fingers crossed!

24. Megfan

Megfan Active Member

Rating - 100%
    111   0   0

I have the Ashlynn legacy day and she's fantastic. I hope you can find them soon DDCakes :)

And I hope the hat tastic set goes down quite a bit too as I really want the Maddie from it. She's my favourite Maddie by far, though I also really like her legacy day. But I must admit that I do seem to prefer the Royals to the Rebels and I get their dolls much more quckly.

I thought that yesterday's reveals on the whole were really nice. I love the Through the Woods line - Blondie, Ashlynn and Poppy are definite must haves. I may have to add that Ashlynn to my will buy before Christmas list alongside Duchess and Kimoyi, providing they all come out before then. The swim line is growing on me but I'll probably just get the Ashlynn and I also really like the Lizzie playset.

25. MadWild

MadWild Member

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0

I love the Maddie in the Hat-tastic set. Her outfit is stunning. Mind you, Legacy Day Maddie wins for the best shoes! I only collect Maddie, so waiting to get those two is pretty much all I can do at the moment :p.

It's so exciting to see new reveals at last! I love seeing what's coming out. The Lizzie set looks so cute and I agree that the Through the Woods line is nice. I'm excited there's another Maddie, although that promo shot of her does no favours, what with the distinct lack of neck, and them enlarging her to look the same height as the others and thus making her head look huge.

Someone on Tumblr said all the accessories in the swim line photo are recasts of previous lines so I'm not greatly impressed by that, although at least they are from other characters so I won't have repeats of Maddie's accessories. It still seems pretty lazy though, I'm kinda hoping that they were only for those prototype shots and there'll be new ones in the actual release.Edited to add: Tumblr user everafterblog posted this graphic they made that shows the amount of recycling/recasts:
    [​IMG]

I think I've missed something though... who's Kimoyi? You mentioned her as being on your must by list, but's not a name I recognise...

Last edited: Oct 5, 2014