Do you collect any other dolls besides Disney?

Discussion in 'Other Disney Collectibles' started by Brii59, Jul 7, 2013.

1. staykawaii

staykawaii Member

0   0   0

I collect monster high, ever after high, casually collect mostly play line barbies, lalaloopsy girls, and disney dolls.

my tumblr:
    swanprincesscomplex.tumblr.com

2. MadWild

MadWild Member

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0

I knitted a cute little scarf for Annie the other night :). I still need to sew in the ends, and take photos to show you guys, but I'm pretty pleased with it. She looks really nice. If anyone wants to buy a little scarf, let me know :p.

My birthday's coming up next week so I did mention to my fiancé that I would like Makies accessories... And by mention, I mean emailed a list of links 'just in case' he needed ideas :p. I guess I'm not great at being subtle, and since he's the only person I know who would even consider getting my doll-related stuff, he's the one I have to tell these things to, teehee. I'm crossing my fingers that Argos might decide to have a sale on the Hat-Tastic set soon so I can get it for myself as a birthday treat, but I'm guessing I'll have to keep waiting til January.

Anyone else acquired any new dolls lately? :)

3. Diavolo

Diavolo Member

0   0   0

Action figures...almost dolls :D

4. st0lenkiss

st0lenkiss Member

0   0   0

Thanks! (sorry for the late reply lol) I'm really interested in the Legacy Day dolls and also the Thronecoming ones. They're all gorgeous!

5. kadytheredpanda

kadytheredpanda New Member

0   0   0

I have very few Disney dolls. I want more classic dolls, but my main focus is magical girl based dolls such as Sailor Moon and Winx Club. In fact, 5/7 of the Disney dolls I have are the WITCH girls. I love how accurate they are to the comics. I also collect Barbie, Monster High, Ever After High, and cartoon and comic book based characters that aren't magical girl characters. Especially European ones; I ache to have a Tintin or Spirou doll someday.

6. MadWild

MadWild Member

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0

Sounds like an interesting theme for a collection, I'd love to see photos of your WITCH girls! Which Ever After High do you collect; do you have a favourite?

7. JanuaryGarnet

JanuaryGarnet Member

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

In honor of my new job, I decided to treat myself to Sweet Screams Ghoulia Yelps. Gummy candy is one of my favorite kinds of candy, so it was a no brainer (no pun intended). I'm also considering one of the Legacy Day dolls from EAH, probably Cerise or Maddie.

8. Romancing_Train

Romancing_Train EVERYPONY calm the buck down!

Rating - 100%
    169   0   0

OMG. We need to be friends. I love all the things you love xD

I almost got the tentatrio before the kickstarter happned...ug...still sad i has none *collects cute tentacle babies*

9. Romancing_Train

Romancing_Train EVERYPONY calm the buck down!

Rating - 100%
    169   0   0

I'm dying Dx I still need the sweet screams Frankie...as an artist i can say her outfit is one of the best to come out of almost evey line in a long time design wise. I like Abbey's too but the colors are slightly hideous

10. JanuaryGarnet

JanuaryGarnet Member

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

Usually I love Abbey, but I didn't like the colors either, or the Statue of Liberty head piece.

11. MadWild

MadWild Member

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0

In case anyone here is interested in getting themselves a Makie since I posted the pictures of Annie, I just wanted to let you all know they've got a massive sale on at the moment. It's the biggest discount I've seen them do - 25% off everything in the shop, including Makies themselves. In GBP, that's a £17 saving! Plus free worldwide postage if you spend over a certain amount. If you've been tempted to get one, now is the time to do it. Or if you want to get one but aren't settled on your design yet, buy yourself the gift box that contains a gift code you can use to buy a Makie any time in the next year - it means you save the money now, but don't have to order your Makie until you're completely happy which one you want. No rushed decisions! Here's the site if anyone wants to have a look: https://mymakie.com/shop/

I ended up going for a bunch of bargains in the shop for Annie - the deer jumper is just the cutest! I need to post some more pictures of her, she's not shown off her new shopping basket (thanks, Shopkins - perfect size!) or the other little accessories I've been gathering lately.

Ooh, and I noticed the Madeline Hatter Hat-tastic set is reduced at the moment so I may finally be able to get it. Exciting stuff!

Anyone else got anything new lately, or taken some nice pictures? Let's get this conversation going again!

12. DisneyDreams

DisneyDreams New Member

0   0   0

I collect Monster High!

13. astrada

astrada New Member

0   0   0

I collect Disney animator doll only. now i want Rapunzel Toddler doll so mush but i can't find it because she very expensive. she have tinsel to make her hair shimmer. Does anyone have it? I really want her!!

[​IMG]
    credit picture from flickr

14. staykawaii

staykawaii Member

0   0   0

Can't believe I missed this post! D:

omg haha do you have a tumblr?

& YES the tentatrio are amazing! :) I believe the maker is still selling them;

Inkidrop.storeenvy.com

15. MadWild

MadWild Member

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0

Merry Christmas folks!

I've had one of the best Christmas presents ever this weekend... I won a giveaway on Tumblr to choose a BJD, so in a few months time I will own my first ever BJD! I'm so excited, although I have to be patient since the processing time is a minimum of 60 days... I don't know how you guys manage to contain your excitement if it always takes that long!

By the way, Annie says Merry Christmas too. I think she just wanted an excuse to show off her Christmas jumper and hat, and her new shoes :p.
    [​IMG]

I hope everyone has a lovely day tomorrow, and a joyful time for the rest of the holiday season :). Fingers crossed that some of you have doll-related parcels under your trees! :)

16. MadWild

MadWild Member

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0

Happy new year everybody!

I got some cute dolly stuff for Christmas - all for Annie of course, she's a lucky girl :).

Anyone else excited about the new images for Ever After High? It adds another 2 on to my wishlist - Sugar Coated Maddie and Way Too Wonderland Maddie. Even though I still haven't found Hat-tastic, Legacy Day or Mirror Beach Maddie, I'm still excited for another two to look for! :p. Plus I think some of the other characters look interesting. I saw a photo of Ginger in her box, she looks great, and I think Rosabella Beauty is very cute. Faybelle Thorn is pretty interesting, and of course I'm delighted to have two more Wonderlandians with Bunny and Alistar - not sure on the spelling of his name - the box art says Alistar, but I've seen Alister and Alistair a lot too! What do you guys think about all the new dolls and lines on their way? :)

17. Meritre

Meritre Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

It will take long till the new ones will come here but at least they can be found here (and one needn't pay more for shipping than for the doll). I'm thinking about getting one to customize. Which one would you recommend? :)

18. Jerseyprincess1017

Jerseyprincess1017 Member

0   0   0

Has anyone gotten Kitty or Dutchess yet?

19. Jerseyprincess1017

0   0   0

I can't wait for all of the new characters. I'm kind of sad that they changed the boxes. Now the new waves woun't match the old ones.

20. staykawaii

staykawaii Member

0   0   0

Kitty has been available and unavailable on amazon so just keep checking.

a lot of people on tumblr got kitty, and I've seen a few posts with duchess as well.

21. MadWild

MadWild Member

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0

I feel your pain, I'm still waiting for wave 2 of legacy day to appear in stores here! I hope the newer lines move more quickly.
    As for who to get to customise, I think that depends on what kind of customisation you're planning. I think the more interesting looking dolls are nice to see customised, such as Cerise with her different head mold, and Cedar with her wood grain skin. Duchess also has an interesting face, she seems to have more of a smile than previous dolls which I like. I think the best thing is to pick one you like, and then enjoy customising until you feel it looks even better! :)

It's nice to see so many new characters, certainly! Ginger looks really pretty :). As for the boxes - same! I think they're nice, but I think it would have been better for all signature dolls to have similar boxes and only use different boxes for other lines such as all the upcoming ones with repeated characters. Still, I guess they had to make a change sometime.

22. Meritre

Meritre Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Thanks for your advice! I really like that more smiling face, I guess I'll have to wait a little. Maybe I can get one for my birthday. It'll be my very first repainting project, so it'll be more like an expetiment. Do you know by chanche if there is another doll that has a smaller boby like Maddie? :)

23. Jerseyprincess1017

0   0   0

My Kitty and Dutchess dolls arrived yesterday! I'm disappointed with the Kitty doll. She's missing her arm warmers and is a strange shade of purple. She's the most inaccurate of all of the dolls so far.

24. Meritre

Meritre Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

I read that Kittys missing armwarmers were a manufacture error, they had to fix it and that's why she wasn't released before Christmas. The later ones will have the armwarmers. Here is what I found:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/127434319@N06/15918236327/in/photostream/

25. Jerseyprincess1017

0   0   0

I've heard that too but when asked about it the Mattel page responded that they will not be adding her arm warmers so I don't know what to believe.