Do you collect any other dolls besides Disney?

Discussion in 'Other Disney Collectibles' started by Brii59, Jul 7, 2013.

1. MadWild

MadWild Member

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0

No problem! I hope you can get one you want :). The other dolls on the smaller body, that I know of, are Lizzie and I think Kitty (not one hundred percent certain on Kitty though) and I know Duchess is on the taller body like Cerise. In fact, with her shoes, Duchess looks taller than any of them. I hope you'll share pictures of your customisation once it's done!

The latest word from Mattel is that armwarmers were only in the first batch - it's turned out this meant the prototype - and will not be coming with the dolls at all, to save money. They changed Ginger before release too, repainting some bits and getting rid of her bracelet. If you want armwarmers for Kitty I have seen that Rayedelsol on Tumblr made some using their 3D printer, that look absolutely spot on, and they are selling them for the cost of materials on etsy: https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/217...rmers&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery. They look really good, and they've made both parts so it's really accurate to what they should look like. I agree with you about the purple skin though, I think it was a bizarre decision to do that when she's not that colour in the show. I do like her smile though :D.

2. nsingleton

nsingleton Active Member

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0

I collect any Jessica Rabbit doll I can find!!! :D I also will get any doll that fits into one of my Disney collections (if the price is right and I like the doll), for instance, I would love to have the Mattel 40th Anniversary Maleficent and Aurora dolls! :x: Would also adore the Tonner Aurora and Ariel dolls! :lol:

I just still cannot believe that I am THIS hooked to DOLLS, and all in less than a year!!! :facepalm: Ha ha!

3. Meritre

Meritre Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

I will do so for sure! (if I ever get it done) Rosabella Beauty looks also nice judging from her only picure so she's second on my list but that means a long, long wait.
    I'll decide when I see them in person. :)

Hmm, it's a little sad, that they are doing this but at least we know now.

4. MadWild

MadWild Member

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0

Oh, Rosabella looks lovely too! I'd forgotten her. I really like a lot of the new dolls. But as you say, it's going to be a long wait. I really, really, REALLY want legacy day wave two to get over here to the UK, it's taking ages! Which does not bode well for all the others, I'll be waiting years at this rate :p.

So, I'm wondering if it is okay to contact the person who ran the giveaway I won to ask if they have any news about the doll I chose. I don't want to annoy them or be pushy, but they said they placed the order before Christmas and I haven't had any evidence of the order. I'm just a little worried that I have no confirmation of it having been ordered, I'm fairly certain they have ordered it but I'd feel better with an order number or a receipt or something. Am I worrying too much, or is it okay to just send them a message? Could do with some advice!

5. Meritre

Meritre Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

I'm going to have a look at what they have around here tomorrow. :)

I can understand that you are worried very well, dolls get lost quite often. I don't know how this givaway works but if you should get an order number or something, I think you should ask. Unless the person who ran the giveaway gets these pieces of information.

6. MadWild

MadWild Member

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0

Yay, fingers crossed you find some nice ones! :)

I just realised I wasn't so clear with my explanation... The person running the giveaway placed the order, so if there has been any information from the company, they have received it rather than me. I did ask if they could let me know the order number but I don't know if they actually got one, or if they can only view the order from within their account. Either way, they didn't tell me a number. So all I have is their word that they've ordered it. The doll has a processing time of 60 days so it won't even be getting ready to be shipped until next month, so of course I will keep waiting, but it would just be nice to have a number or see an email that shows the order to give me a bit of peace of mind. I found the previous two winners (this was the third year of the giveaway) and one of them posted pictures of their doll arriving so that was reassuring... I think maybe I'm just worrying too much! :p I guess I'd just like a little bit of evidence so I can let myself get excited without worrying that it's not actually going to happen because it seems almost too good to be true.

7. Meritre

Meritre Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

It's soooo hard to wait, but I think your doll will eventually arrive. :) I see nothing bad about asking if they got a tracking number or anything.

I was quite disappointed, they only had Legacy Apple, Dex and the Ashlynn Hunter pack. :( And the other store had only Thronecoming Blondie Lockes. The only one I might be interested in is Dex but girls go first, so he'll have to wait. They had much more Monster High stuff though.

8. MadWild

MadWild Member

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0

Thank you for your reassuring words :). I think I will try and make myself wait a little longer, and then contact them.

That's a shame I'm sorry you didn't have better luck :(. I hope they get more soon!

I just had an exciting discovery, and UK peeps will be happy about this - Argos have updated their stock. Not only is the Madeline Hatter Hat-tastic set reduced to a price I can afford at long last, but they also have a bunch of new dolls - Spring Unsprung, Duchess, Ginger, Kitty, Dexter! Whoo hoo! Still no Legacy day wave 2 but I'm still so happy to see new characters. And I can finally get my Hat-tastic set, YAAAAAYYYY!!

9. Meritre

Meritre Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

No problem, I hope they'll be able to give you at least some information. :)

I guess I'll have to be patient. I'll check again in a few weeks and see if they restocked anything. :)

I'm happy that you can get some new stuff. at last. As Maddie would say: Isn't it hattastic? I would love to see some (or lots of) pictures once they arrive. :)

Last edited: Jan 22, 2015
  10. MadWild

MadWild Member

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0

Thank you, so do I!

I hope they get new stock in so you can get some new ones too. I reserved my Maddie as soon as I saw the listing and a colleague kindly picked her up for me, so I get to take her home from work and open the big beautiful box this evening, so excited! If I can get some pictures, I'll be sure to share.

By the way, I don't know if it is any help but if you wanted me to get some dolls from here and send them to you to help you out I'm happy to do so, and then you could just pay me for the doll and postage.I know it's not perfect as the postage gets quite pricey but if you were really keen on getting Ginger or any of the other ones that just came out at Argos then it would be a quicker way to get them. Just let me know if you want me to :).

11. aleutia

aleutia Obsessed with dolls

0   0   0

Disney, Monster High, Ever After High, Barbie, and getting into Bratz again.

12. Meritre

Meritre Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Thank you very much for your kind offer, I'll send you a PM about it :) (postage is pricey anyway, I wanted a DIsneystore Frozen Doll from the UK and postage would have been more, than the doll itsenlf so I passed)

13. MadWild

MadWild Member

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0

Anyone have any doll news? I finally got in touch with the person running the giveaway I won to see if there was any news; they said that the order is still in the processing stage but they keep checking the website regularly. I think I'm going to be waiting until mid-March at least! I don't know how you guys who buy lots of BJDs managed it when there is so much waiting involved!

Oh, also, I contacted Mattel to ask when the second wave of Legacy Day was coming to UK shops, and Mirror Beach, and they have told me that those lines are not going to be sold in the UK. So that's two Madeline Hatter dolls I'll have to source elsewhere, which is rubbish. Plus I asked if there were any upcoming Maddie dolls and they said there wasn't anything in Spring or Summer, so we'll be waiting until at least Autumn to see the lines that have been talked about on Tumblr, and there's a chance they won't come to the UK either. It looks like we're mostly getting the signature dolls as they come out, but not all lines. Bit pants, really.

Anyone got pictures of any new dolls they've got to cheer me up? :p.

14. Brii59

Brii59 Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

wow, cant believe this thread is still going ...lol..AWESOME!

15. Luna_Ray

Luna_Ray Member

0   0   0

I don't really collect anything beyond Disney at this point, but I'm sorta getting into the Monster High and Ever After High dolls- I really like Apple White, Cerise Hood, Rochelle Goyle, Cleo de Nile, and Abbey Bominable. I'm also really into doll customization- I'm currently working on making over a Disney Rapunzel doll. Anybody have any specific dolls they recommend, preferably with any of the characters listed above?

16. MadWild

MadWild Member

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0

You'll find yourself dragged into EAH and MH soon enough :p.
    I'd love to see pictures of your customisations, have you got any you can share?

As for recommendations, I can only go from pictures as I don't collect anyone other than Maddie, but I do think that the new Spring Unsprung Cerise Hood looks great, really different to her previous dolls. Actually, all of the Spring Unsprung dolls are pretty, really! Do you already have any EAH dolls, or are you considering getting some?

17. Luna_Ray

Luna_Ray Member

0   0   0

Unfortunately I don't have any pictures yet as the doll so far has only the factory paint removed (she just looks like a creepy blank face hahaha) and have a dress partially sewn. Also unfortunate I haven't bought any EAH or MH dolls- I just pick up boxes and look at them when I'm in department stores. Actually I was looking at these EAH ones that look like they come in storybook boxes- I'm just bad at remembering which ones are which line they are xD but thank you for the input! I'm gonna look those ones up and maybe check them out at my next store outing :)

18. MadWild

MadWild Member

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0

Ahhh, this thread has gone so quiet.

Share your doll news people, let me live vicariously through you! :D

19. Zolotinka

Zolotinka Member

0   0   0

Hi everyone! I collect momoko, barbie dolls. I also have one monster high doll. And this is part of my doll collection :)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20. MadWild

MadWild Member

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0

What lovely pictures, and what lovely dolls! Looks like you have a fabulous collection :).

21. Zolotinka

Zolotinka Member

0   0   0

MadWild, many thanks! :)

22. Queen Elsa

Queen Elsa Member

0   0   0

This may be a bit off topic now but in terms of collecting Disney or other dolls I consider myself, in general, a doll collector. I mostly collect two "collections" I guess you could say. My primary is definitely Disney Dolls, specifically the LE line and the DFDC line. A few open editions as well. My secondary collection is actually of international dolls. My grandparents travel a ton so I always have them bring me a doll back from wherever they are. I have one from Austria, one from Japan, one from Mexico, one from West Africa. It's a really neat way to display cultures side by side, I think, and they tend to all gave different, gorgeous outfits and face sculpts, which gives you so much variety!

In terms of repainting, I've been DYING to try it. I have the paints and brushes, and fabric and sewing equipment but I'm so scared to start because I just can't imagine how people do it so well! Any tips for a beginner?

23. MadWild

MadWild Member

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0

I'd love to see some pictures of your international dolls, that sounds like a really interesting collection!

Hopefully some of the lovely folk here can give you advice on the repainting, it's not something I have experience with but I know folk here do.

My recent doll news is that my BJD arrived! It took four months for Fairyland to send her, and then she got stuck in customs for a week (and I got a big bill for the fee, bleugh...) but she finally arrived! I've decided to name her Liddy, as a derivation of Liddell, the surname of the original Alice that Lewis Carroll based his character on. She is absolutely gorgeous and I'm definitely glad I picked a Littlefee, I really love the size and posing. Here's a picture, and there's a few more on my tumblr if you want to have a look:
    [​IMG]

I'm also waiting on a Hujoo Nanorabi I bought with money I made selling on eBay, who I intend to turn into a white rabbit to accompany my little Alice-a-like. Unfortunately, I ordered from the UK dealer Angelesque some weeks ago and the owner of the shop, when I enquired after a while to ask when it would be shipped, said she actually sold more than she had in stock so she has to order more. I asked how long that will take and she hasn't replied, but my order status has been updated to say "hujoo processing" so I can only assume something is happening. I'll give it a while but I'm not hugely impressed to have purchased something that was listed as in stock, paid for it in full and still not have received it a fortnight later, with no info as to when I will get it. If anyone here has had any experience buying from Angelesque I'd like to hear about it, if only to comfort me that people do get their orders in the end!

24. kaleb

kaleb Member

0   0   0

In addition to the Disney Animator's dolls and Disney LE Fairies which are my main two Disney doll collections at the moment, I have also started collecting American Girl dolls. I have Kit, and Felicity is coming to me from eBay tomorrow. I also have an interest in the EAH dolls especially Madeline Hatter but am not currently collecting them.

25. Queen Elsa

Queen Elsa Member

0   0   0

This reply is so so late, haha. But yes, I'm moving right now so most all of them are in boxes currently (kill me moving is an ass pain, haha.) But when they see the light again I'll be sure to take some pictures. I just got one from Mexico recently so she'll be added to their shelf!