Do you collect any other dolls besides Disney?

Discussion in 'Other Disney Collectibles' started by Brii59, Jul 7, 2013.

1. MadWild

MadWild Member

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0

Yay, that's great! I hope the moving stuff is sorted soon so you can post pictures :).

In case anyone is wondering, I got my nanorabi in the end - over a month after I ordered. Not sure I'd use Angelesque again, since she also sent it to the wrong address after I requested it be changed to a different one, and the packaging was dreadful - a flimsy plastic envelope and some wrapping stuff, not even bubble wrap. I'm amazed he made it through the post with so little protection, really. But anywho, I have him now, and that's the main thing :).

2. Zolotinka

Zolotinka Member

0   0   0

Recently arrived my new momoko ae <silver butterfly> doll. She's so beatiful! I love her so much!!!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. Argentine

Argentine All glory to the Helix!

Rating - 100%
    76   0   0

MadWild, I'm super late to the party (I don't visit here as much as I used to), but I absolutely love your little Liddy! She is absolutely darling. May I ask what resin color she is? I think I'm still following you on Tumblr, so I look forward to seeing more pictures of her. <3 I actually have a Fairyland Kai, White Rabbit fullset on layaway through a dealer right now. He'll be my first Fairyland doll, and I am super excited!

Anyone else keeping up with Monster High or Ever After High still? I'm so digging the MH Freak du Chic line, but alas, all my funds are tied up paying for Kai. There were also some Ever After High leaks posted recently that have me super excited. Especially the new Apple White doll with the rooted eyelashes. She looks positively lovely.

4. blairbearbear

blairbearbear Member

0   0   0

i've been keeping an eye on the ever after high facebook page and am patiently waiting for them to release a 17" cupid doll! we all know it's gonna happen!!

speaking of fairyland, the new liria minifee is pure sugar coated sweetness but i'm kind of saving my funds for potential sdcc madness, but she's so cute ugh!!!

5. staykawaii

staykawaii Member

0   0   0

that Apple looks absolutely amazing. I was kind of disappointed with this years sdcc raven so I'm very much looking forward to her. Did you see the Cupid as well?

6. Meritre

Meritre Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Do you mean Heartstruck Cupid? She looks like a Spring Fairy :)

She's really pretty, I really like her hairstyle :)

Last edited: Jun 28, 2015
  7. Argentine

Rating - 100%
    76   0   0

Blairbearbear - Yes! I have seen Liria. She is super adorable. There must be a cosmic rule that all Fairyland dolls have to be absolutely perfect and precious in every way. I heard that she won't be a standard release though, only the limited version. Anyone know if that's true? It stinks if it is.

Staykawaii - I just love that Apple. I wasn't a fan of Raven either, but I'm not really a fan of her design in general. But Apple just killed me! Cupid looks gorgeous as well. I'm guessing she'll be a standard release like 'Just Sweet' Blondie or something of the like. But I love all of her details. Cupid seriously has some of the best doll designs out there.

8. Meritre

Meritre Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

I think it would have been great if she got a new, less round facemold, so she would look more like an adult. :)
    Edit: I mean Royally Ever After Apple White :)

Last edited: Jun 28, 2015
  9. Argentine

Rating - 100%
    76   0   0

I agree with that. Most EAH dolls have that same 'pancake face' going on. I am pleased that it looks like she at least has the variant paintjob, which in my opinion looks way nicer (since the eyes are a little higher up, things don't look as smushed).

10. Argentine

Rating - 100%
    76   0   0

I hate to double post, but tons of new EAH and MH reveals today! All of which can be found on the 'Ever After High Dolls' and 'Monster High Dolls' facebook pages, and floating around Tumblr. I'm absolutely dying over the Dragon Games EAH line, with Apple, Darling, and Holly especially. The new signature dolls look nice too, but I'll probably only pick up Melody Piper and Justine Dancer. Melody looks way better than I ever thought she would.

But I'm really not digging the new Monster High lines. Mermaids are not really my thing, but it is something new I suppose. But what's scary about both of the new budget lines (for MH and EAH) is that the arms seem to be lacking any articulation. Yuck!

11. Meritre

Meritre Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Thanks for the information! *rushes to have a look at the new dolls and stuff*
    I hope there will be more dragons not just one for Apple. :) (I have a dragon-obsessed character of my own and I'm hoping for a suitable dragonfriend for him :D)
    Melody Piper, finally!
    And the until now unknown dark lady is Justin Dancer.
    Now I'm thinking about whose daughter Mira Shard is.
    Farrah Goodfairy is pretty, too!

12. Zolotinka

Zolotinka Member

0   0   0

Many thanks!

Last edited: Jun 29, 2015
  13. staykawaii

staykawaii Member

0   0   0

Omg leaks leaks leaks on tumblr... So many amazing new EAH doll lines.

showingmytruefeathers.tumblr.com

Last edited: Jun 29, 2015
  14. Meritre

Meritre Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

I'm most excited for the Dragon Games line! I might finally give in and get Holly before her hair gets even shorter.

15. JanuaryGarnet

JanuaryGarnet Member

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

Just ordered my first Ever After High doll: original Madeline Hatter. Cerise may join the collection at some point.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2015
  16. IAmElsan

IAmElsan Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

I also collect Monster High, and now I think with a good friend of mine securing me a Raven Queen SDCC exclusive from Ever After High, that might be the start of collecting that series too....

17. LMB925

LMB925 Member

0   0   0

I collect all kinds of dolls, especially Tonner, MH, EAH, Pullip, BJD and little odds and ends whenever I run across something I really like. The Wicked Witch of the West (and East) are dolls I look for across all lines. I just thought I'd post here, since there are MH collectors, to let anyone collecting MH dolls that the Draculaura Collectible doll is available for pre-order on Amazon for retail of $49.99. Release is 7/19. I usually hold out for sale prices, but I jumped on this one. I was so excited for this doll. I've been hoping for a really long time to see collector dolls that weren't SDCC exclusives. The dolls are so creative and detailed to begin with, I'd love to see what they'd do with them if they were a little more, like with collectible Barbies. I'm also over the moon with the upcoming 17inch originals. I'm hoping EAH will jump on it soon too.

Anyway, here's the direct link to collector Draculaura: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00T03U5J4/?tag=thebroketogra-20

BTW: This was available for pre-order about a month ago, but it went away. This is the first I've seen of it again for order. The release is next week, so it makes sense.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2015
  18. Doll_Enchanted

Doll_Enchanted Member

0   0   0

Cool! I found out about MH Draculaura Collector Doll last night by accident. I finally gave in into MH started collecting them last month and when I saw her uhhhh I had to get her lol. Can't wait to get her. I'm more excited about her than SDCC Raven they should arrive around same time. Also looking forward to the EAH 17" Madeline doll I think she looks awesome :)

19. LMB925

LMB925 Member

0   0   0

I'm glad I'm not the only one here getting her. It's funny, I thought of the SDCC Raven too with this one. I didn't think I was more excited for one than the other, but I guess I am way more excited for Draculaura. I'm a little embarrassed to admit I ordered two given the cost. I just immediately thought about deboxing her, but also wanted one to keep in the pretty box. I tried to talk myself into waiting for a sale or coupon code, but nope, I have no control. LOL (ah well, if the sells are good it'll encourage them to keep making them) I never thought about deboxing Raven. I'm happy with her in the box. If I end up getting another one on Ebay, my original order was from Toots Toys, I'll be getting it for my 11 yr old niece, not for me to debox.

20. staykawaii

staykawaii Member

0   0   0

I was gonna post about Lala but I didn't know if you guys would be interested. Preordered her yesterday after seeing mommy and Gracie's video (late lol) ... I was disappointed I didn't love the SDCC exclusives this year so this more than makes up for sdcc letdown.

Video review of draculaura
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1i-V-Br7VDM

i was hoping they'd have collector Apple up as well. This is an Amazon exclusive, so hopefully she will be too. Hoping these collector dolls will continue. :)

21. IAmElsan

IAmElsan Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

I believe I had seen somewhere that there is a 17" Madeline Hatter coming down the pike, so there is hope that EAH will continue on with the 17" dolls as well.

22. Jerseyprincess1017

Jerseyprincess1017 Member

0   0   0

I can't wait for the 17" Maddie to come out. I'm patiently waiting for my a SDCC Raven to arrive.

ETA: I just ordered the Amazon collector Draculaura today. It's been an expensive doll day.

23. Doll_Enchanted

Doll_Enchanted Member

0   0   0

Here's a pic of Madeline. Love, love her!
    [​IMG]

Ahhh don't worry lol I've been thinking the same too. Keep one in box and debox the other 1. I got her for my B-day! :) soo tempted to get another 1 lol Ahhhh she is worth it, I can't get over how beautiful she is. :)

Hahaha.. that's the video I accidentally bump into, so glad I did. I watch their reviews, along with Chad Alan ^^

24. staykawaii

staykawaii Member

0   0   0

I actually am not subscribed to them which is why I saw it late. I love Chad, but I think my favorite you tuber is Dollastic. :)

25. LMB925

LMB925 Member

0   0   0

I'd heard the rumor, but wasn't sure which doll. (Thanks for the pic, Doll_Enchanted!) I'm glad to hear other people are excited about the new size and it's getting so much attention. It seems everyone really likes them. I have the 17" MH doll and was wowed by the quality. The articulation is really nice and I think she's pretty well priced at retail of $29.99 since they go on sale so often. It looks like the same is true of the Madeline doll. I really can't wait to get that one too. I know I'll end up buying more than one, so I can do a custom with her. I got into resin BJD's the beginning of this year and it's nice to have an affordable alternative to play around with that's larger than the 1/6 scale.

I have to say whomever is in charge of art department at Mattel for the MH and EAH is amazing. The dolls are all so much fun, and they keep surprising me. I'd like to see more of that inspiration and detail in the collectible Barbies. I still on occasion get a Barbie (silkstones mostly), but they aren't keeping up with trends and it's hard to get excited about them.