Do you collect any other dolls besides Disney?

Discussion in 'Other Disney Collectibles' started by Brii59, Jul 7, 2013.

1. LMB925

LMB925 Member

0   0   0

Chad Alan is great. Mommy and Gracie aren't ones I subscribe too as they can get a bit loud and it freaks my dogs out when I watch. Dollastic is adorable, and one of my favorite youtubers. I really enjoyed her Korea trip videos. I actually tried to get away from the toy review videos as they were making want to buy too much and I've developed some self control issues this year. Omocha Crush is another great reviewer. She mostly does Pullip videos, very good quality, so anyone into Pullips has probably seen her reviews. If anyone is thinking about getting a Pullip, I recommend checking out her videos. She does some EAH and a few others on occasion. She just did a review on some SDCC items.

2. Shelly

Shelly Member

0   0   0

I basically collect any doll I like and can afford, lol...

3. Doll_Enchanted

Doll_Enchanted Member

0   0   0

Ahhhh!!! Just checked my Amazon and their preparing my Draculaura for shipment. It looks Wednesday she should be on her way to me. I can't believe how excited I am about this doll lol

Yeah me neither lol. Have seen a couple from Dollastic she seems a sweet and joyful person :).

LMB925: Np :)

Last edited: Jul 14, 2015
  4. Jerseyprincess1017

Jerseyprincess1017 Member

0   0   0

My Draculaura arrived today. She's even prettier in person!

5. LMB925

LMB925 Member

0   0   0

I just rec'd my Draculaura as well. I got two and was so pleasantly surprised to find them double boxed and wrapped in tissue paper. I've had so many problems from Amazon sending damaged items that I was really concerned how these would arrive. I'd have bet they would have banged around and gotten damaged. I thought I should have waited until one shipped and then ordered the other to avoid that. Thankfully I was wrong. The doll is really lovely in person. There may be some room for improvement, but I see nothing to complain about. You can see the reviews online, so I won't go into detail, but I will say I recommend to any MH collector. The doll is more articulated and a bit larger and heavier than average MH doll, and being the first collector edition, she's worth owning. I'm already dying for another to be made. I'm really hoping for a collector historic Cleo.

6. staykawaii

staykawaii Member

0   0   0

Same, Gracie is adorable and very funny at times but she can also be very loud and random ( like every other girl her age... Not a bad thing) so i tend to skip their videos. I love mommy though and subscribe to her solo channel, I flip back to their joint channel every so often.

Dollastic is my absolute favorite you tuber. She is just too cute and funny, I loved her Korea trip blogs because they were so interesting and entertaining. It was nice to see another culture and spot some familiar favorites ( love rilakkuma & several animes). I completely understand what you mean, toy reviews can definitely influence a purchase, but sometimes they've stopped me from buying dolls that I really didn't want but at the time wanted because they were new. This past year I've been really selective about only buying what I really want and trying to hold out for sales later on in the year. I've gotten so many dolls for sooo much cheaper by waiting.

I love Omocha Crush! I was hesitant about getting into pullips (I already collect Barbie, MH, EAH, some mlpony, and several other dolls) but her channel made me fall in love & I've managed to contain myself to two so far. But everytime she uploads a video I love seeing what she's reviewing.

7. staykawaii

staykawaii Member

0   0   0

is the box hair as bad as everyone has said? *.*

& I would die if that Cleo idea happens! Cleo is my favorite ghoul so I'd be all over that.

8. LMB925

LMB925 Member

0   0   0

Yes, it needs some work. It's not like the stock photos. I'm not sure if it's a big complaint for me, though. They would have needed to add a lot more glue to make look the photos, like they do with Barbies. So, on the plus side it's a bit softer. IDK... I like how styled my collectible Barbies are, but the hair is not meant to be touched. They kind of kept this one more like a play doll. to point the hair is threaded to the box, more like a play doll. Her head is also tacked to the board behind her. I think I'd prefer more glue in it to display better, but if you like to play around with the doll, it's better as is.

I haven't finished deboxing mine yet as I can't find my really pointed scissors and don't want to damage her, but below is a close up photo. You can see it's frizzy and not styled well.

https://flic.kr/p/vPHS88

https://flic.kr/p/vam9g6

I hope those work. I tried to embed it and it didn't work...

Last edited: Jul 16, 2015
  9. LMB925

LMB925 Member

0   0   0

Yeah, most of the time waiting makes all the difference on stretching a doll budget. I've had really good luck waiting until around Christmas time to get the mass market dolls on Amazon. I got a lot of $20-$25 dolls for under $7. It's hard to wait, but so worth it when you can buy about 3 to 4 times as much. I also compulsively check Ebay and have snapped up some killer deals on ppl doing quick sells. I wait out collectible Barbies until there's free shipping, and/or a sale. Depends on how popular a doll is. I've really been wanting to get some of the new Disney store dolls, but was waiting for a good sale and coupon code. They have the 25% off now along with 2 for $10ea on the classic dolls, so I may get some, but I've done better on them. I got some earlier this year for about $6 each by stacking a sale and coupon. I also want the mini animators, but I think I can do better later. I'm betting they'll have them on sale along with a coupon code in the future. There's also cash back programs, like Ebates. That also helps a lot.

Yes, it's so important to be selective. I, unfortunately, went crazy with the Pullips last year. I thought I'd get just one or two, but really fell in love them. I'm trying to rail myself back in on the collectibles and have made progress. I had a really rough year last year, especially at the end of the year, and it carried over to the earlier part of this year. I got really good deals on a lot of dolls, but I've spent way more than I ever have before on them. I just had a hard time saying no to myself, and I've never been like that before. It's not to the point of financial ruin, or anything like that, but geez, I'm running out room. I keep having to rearrange my furniture to make room for dolls. LOL I force myself to watch old episodes of hoarders now when I want another doll.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2015
  10. Meritre

Meritre Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

It works fine, here is one of your hair photos you wanted to show us :)
    Sorry it's this big, I have no idea how to make them appear smaller :(

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 17, 2015
  11. staykawaii

staykawaii Member

0   0   0

It's bad but I don't think it takes away too much from the doll. She looks so gorgeous, so excited to get mine.

12. staykawaii

staykawaii Member

0   0   0

Thats so funny because I kind of went through that same thing/am still going through that same thing... I've been off and on budgets and nothing seems to stick very long. I got into pullips and almost went crazy as well but thankfully those are more expensive so it stopped me... There are still serveral I want... (The hello kitty x pullip is finally on sale at sanrio's website lol) I managed to only get two: the toki doki Luna rosa and the Ally 10th anniversary.

but ive been trying harder now because I've got a Disney trip coming up but it's like Disney, Mattel, and everyone else heard and is throwing every doll release I want my way. I mean the year I decide to save Monster High releases the first ever collector doll, separate from sdcc... Thankfully I didn't want any of the sdcc items this year so I've stayed on track a little.

but Amazon has definitely been a life saver! If TRU isn't having a sale (they're usually pretty good about sales or coupons) I'll price match Amazon at TRU or Target, and it helps so much especially random sales where dolls are like you said $7 or $10.

13. LMB925

LMB925 Member

0   0   0

Thanks so much, Meritre! I followed directions to copy paste and select embed, but it didn't work the first time, so I just did the link to show a close up of the hair. I'm also not sure how to do much with sizing the photos, sorry. I'm working on it. I just got the flickr account and started playing around with it. I know I'm a bit late with it, but only recently wanted to start uploading doll pics and such. Unfortunately, I just don't have much time to fiddle around with things and anything that starts to stress me or becomes too much like work gets put aside. I hate to say that. I used to love learning to do new things, but I'm really burned out with my job (my reward for doing a good job is to have 4 times the work as anyone else in my dept) and trying to keep up with personal responsibilities.

Staykawaii, I agree. It's not a good thing, but it doesn't make me like the doll any less, and it's great for people who like to pose and style their dolls. I hope you get her soon. I think you'll be thrilled with her. She is a special doll. I love the packaging too. The image on the back is really pretty. Yeah, doll releases can happen at the worse times, and it's so much worse when there isn't enough warning to save up.

14. Arista

Arista New Member

0   0   0

Still Disney but does any one collect Tonner? I recently got the Tim Burton Alice doll and I'm still so overjoyed. She's just beautiful and I'd been wanting her for years.

15. JPM3

JPM3 Member

0   0   0

I just pre-ordered my first 1/3 scale BJD: Snow Miku version of 'Hatsune Miku' Dollfie Dream from Volks USA. Only have to wait for more than a year before the doll is ready to be shipped :ugh:.

16. Arista

Arista New Member

0   0   0

That's awesome. I have the original DD Miku, I think it was a good move of Volks to re-open preorders.

17. Doll_Enchanted

Doll_Enchanted Member

0   0   0

I just found this out, not sure if it had been mention: 17" Draculaura, Frankie & Clawdeen Dolls :O Man I was going to buy the original 12" dolls ( Dra & Frankie) now I don't know lol I would prefer the 17". Toot's Toy have them but I think above retail price. (Pics from Raye Del Sol)

[​IMG][​IMG]

18. staykawaii

staykawaii Member

0   0   0

Is anyone familiar with Licca/Jenny dolls? They're kind of like a Japanese Barbie... I bought three off eBay... I've wanted one for ages but the other day i finally gave in and paid outrageous shipping. I'm so excited to get them.

I heard about the 17 inch dolls not too long ago, I was disappointed they didn't do a Cleo, but I am very excited for draculaura. :daisy:

19. IAmElsan

IAmElsan Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

I'm pretty excited that they are doing the 17" dolls of the classics to go along with Gooliope! I think it would be much easier for people who want to jump into customizing dolls as these are on a larger scale than the regular MH dolls and a great way to get the craft going and then be able to downsize custom outfits and other things to the regular sized ones, it may very well get me started on customizing dolls with the larger ones to start!

20. MadWild

MadWild Member

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0

Oops, now I'm super late as I forgot to check this thread. Didn't realise it had come back to live with such vigour!
    Aww, thank you. I'm glad to hear you like her! She's what they call the 'normal skin' resin. I almost went for tan as I think it's beautiful but the extra wait time put me off. Mind you, she took ages anyway so perhaps it wouldn't have made much difference! I can't wait to see pictures of your Kai, he's a fantastic doll. I love Fairyland so much, definitely my favourite BJD company. The new Realfées are lovely, I've fallen in love with May. Her cute little rabbit ears and legs, ahhh, so adorable!

Just to join in on everyone else's EAH chat, I am so excited for 17" Maddie. Since she's the only EAH character I collect (it's the only way I can control my habit, otherwise I'll drown under a sea of dolls!) I am so happy they chose her to be the first EAH giant doll. Also, it saves me buying Gooliope as I really wanted to get one for the size but don't really collect MH (ignore the Honey Swamp in the corner, she doesn't exist, I don't even know what you're talking about!!). I just wish that the EAH releases would come to the UK more quickly, or that they at least would actually make it here. Mirror Beach and Legacy Day wave 2 aren't being released here, and as far as I can gather neither is Sugar Coated. Making it all the more difficult to get all the Maddie dolls, hmph. At least I can look forward to Way too Wonderland and giant Maddie and hope they'll appear on the shelves!

By the way, what did people think of the Evil Raven Queen SDCC exclusive? I've seen a lot of disgruntled customers on Tumblr with wonky-eyed ones :(. Not the best of their latest creations, really.

21. Jerseyprincess1017

Jerseyprincess1017 Member

0   0   0

Finally got my Raven Evil Queen yesterday. She's beautiful!

22. IAmElsan

IAmElsan Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

I had an awesome cosplay friend I made this year that was able to go to SDCC, and she will be shipping my EAH Raven Queen exclusive soon!! CAN'T WAIT!

23. Elphaba

Elphaba Member

0   0   0

I collect many different kinds of dolls. Here is one of my favorites: Queen Sofie (of Mecklenburg-Gustrow), Queen of Denmark and Norway, 1572–1588. She is a LE 1000 by collectable doll designer Birgette Frigast. She is wearing her wedding dress, which is historically accurate and hand made with real silk, velvet and pearls.

[​IMG]
    This picture shows her outfit detail, but the flash makes her look different than she looks in person.

[​IMG]
    Unfortunately she's blurry without the flash, but this (color) is much more accurate to how she really looks.

Detail shots:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here is a photo of the real queen's dress, to compare:
    [​IMG]

24. Meritre

Meritre Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Wow, she's so beautiful!

25. LMB925

LMB925 Member

0   0   0

Has anyone heard about the 28" MH dolls? Looks like a WalMart Exclusive. Mommie and Gracie have a review on YouTube right now... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMbI6iQp07U

I checked out the WalMart link, they're not available but should be in October, the retail price looks like $49.44. Sadly their legs aren't articulated, but they still look pretty nice overall. An bonus is that the eyes can change. They also come with some extras. I think I'm going to have to get them. I love bigger dolls, but geez, I really don't know where to put them...

Last edited: Jul 30, 2015