Do you collect any other dolls besides Disney?

Discussion in 'Other Disney Collectibles' started by Brii59, Jul 7, 2013.

1. Elphaba

Elphaba Member

0   0   0

Thank you Meritre, I really love her :)

2. staykawaii

staykawaii Member

0   0   0

Anyone else loving the Bratz revamp? I expected to maybe buy one but I'm actually wanting a lot of them. I was never a huge bratz fan but I did like them, the nostalgia is totally there... I feel like it's 2006 again.

also project mc2 dolls are out which are also amazing... And I believe by same company who does bratz.

3. LMB925

LMB925 Member

0   0   0

I'm not that into the Bratz dolls (haven't really looked too closely at the new ones though), but I'm loving the project mc2 dolls. The concept is great, the dolls are pretty, look well made and I'm a sucker for realistic inset eyes on dolls. I saw a couple at TRU last weekend, but thought I'd check them out at Target to save a few dollars and TRU didn't have the one I really wanted. Unfortunately, my Target only had the basic dolls, which aren't articulated. They looked nice and were $10 cheaper, but I'd much rather pay the extra for the articulated version that also comes with extras. My oldest niece is really into science, so I'm going to have to get them for her too. I'll probably have to wait to get any for myself. There are so many incredible dolls coming out.

Has anyone heard of My Ballerina doll? http://www.myballerinadolls.com/products/ Kewpie83 did a Youtube video on them a while back from the toy fair and just sent a newsletter out with a coupon code. The first doll is ready for pre-order. I'm really wanting this one, but trying to save up for a Disney World vacation. I think I'll end up getting her with, though. She's the first of her kind and at 22 inches is pretty unique. Retail is $100, so it's not cheap, but it looks nice and I like the idea of supporting a new company like this.

4. Runswthwolves

Runswthwolves Member

0   0   0

Count me in for the EAH/MH, though I'm taking a break to collect Disney pins/merch. I do have Maddie and Poppy (from EAH) plus Lorena (from MH). AG wise I'm collecting for historical Addy Walker. Thought at a slow pace, it's not a cheap hobby.

5. staykawaii

staykawaii Member

0   0   0

I had to warm up to them and seeing them in person definitely helped. I'm hooked.

i LOVE project mc2... I think the educational aspect is amazing, I love the character development/design, I love just everything it's so good. My favorite is Adrienne, I've bought both her basic and deluxe dolls and she's so me. I really want the other girls as well. I love the no articulation vintage Barbie feel bodies so I'm biased. (;
    if you have Netflix there's a three episode series currently up for project mc2.

& that doll is gorgeous but would definitely stand out in my collection next to monsters, jem, fairytale students, & an army of blondes.

6. RoxyHime

RoxyHime Member

0   0   0

I am into Ball-jointed dolls, the community is lovely and the people I've met are so friendly!
    The dolls are amazing, you can fully customize those Resin dolls to who ever you want to, or if you like crafting and sewing it's a great hobby for that as well. Other than BJDs, I do have a collection of animé/manga PVC figurines which I truly enjoy! On the pic here is my BJD. ^^
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 17, 2015
  7. MadWild

MadWild Member

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0

I really like the look of the MC2 dolls, and it's such a lovely concept for a doll line. I haven't seen them about here in the UK, but I'm sure they'll make their way here and be popular. The series is available on Netflix here, so that will help I think.

I haven't been on here in a while, so I haven't mentioned the Realfee BJD that I had ordered from Fairyland. I wasn't expecting her to arrive for ages, but she came this week. Here she is:
    [​IMG]
    I think she's adorable. She came with human legs and bunny legs, and they're so easy to swap out that it's just wonderful. I think she'll get on just fine with Liddy the Alice-a-like :).

RoxyHime, what company/sculpt is your beautiful BJD? She looks just lovely!

Last edited: Aug 21, 2015
  8. RoxyHime

RoxyHime Member

0   0   0

MadWild
    RoxyHime, what company/sculpt is your beautiful BJD? She looks just lovely!

Thank you so much MadWild and so is yours, she really are adorable!
    Mine is a Minifee Celine from Fairyland. Fairyland is one of my favorite company when it comes to BJD's!

Last edited: Aug 22, 2015
  9. staykawaii

staykawaii Member

0   0   0

found Royally Ever After Apple White at TRU today & I've got to say she is so lovely... It's near the quality of the SDCC quality... And she retails for $30... But TRU is currently having 20% off EAH!

They also had Cupid but I am really not feeling her in person, too much pink... Even for me and I love everything pink.

10. Argentine

Argentine All glory to the Helix!

Rating - 100%
    76   0   0

I found Apple today! She is very nice, but I was disappointed with the quality of the face screening. Every single one had some sort of wonky eye, or smudged eye-paint. I had to settle for the one with the smallest amount of wonk.

I'll also join the Fairyland spam with a picture of my Kai. He's such a cutie! I'm very pleased with Fairyland quality, but he needs some serious sueding before he can stand on his own.
    [​IMG]

11. amm3

amm3 Member

0   0   0

So, I don't collect Ever After High Dolls but I saw a video review of the Raven Queen SDCC exclusive and kind of want her. I think it is the Evil Queen thing. I've bid on her a few times already on eBay but so far keep losing, which I feel might be a good thing. I'm kind of torn. I would like to have her but I already collect Disney and a few Pullips and feel that I should restrict myself to those dolls only or I am going to one day end up either bankrupt or the subject on an episode of Hoarders. Lol.

Does anyone else have this problem where you are tempted by another type of doll but it doesn't fit in with the rest of your collection? I honestly don't have an interest in collecting Ever After High Dolls, I just like this one. Last year, I got the Haunted Mistress of the Manor Barbie doll because I liked her, but I don't collect Barbies and I don't ever intend too. I don't regret getting her but she doesn't really fit in with the rest of my collection. I guess I'm thinking I should at least be consistent with what I collect. I am also afraid of going down that slippery slope... I see so many different types of dolls I want, and well, I can't collect everything!

Last edited: Aug 29, 2015
  12. Elphaba

Elphaba Member

0   0   0

amm3, Raven Queen could go with Haunted Mistress of the Manor as your Halloween-themed dolls!

13. amm3

amm3 Member

0   0   0

LOL, brilliant rationalization! You're just enabling my addiction! :lol:

Last edited: Aug 29, 2015
  14. staykawaii

staykawaii Member

0   0   0

New Tokidoki Barbie Vinyls! I'm so in love, there are twelve iconic barbies to collect as well as an exclusive.

I just bought ten off of Barbie Collector.com... Really hoping for Malibu Barbie, superstar Barbie, or the tokidoki barbies. So excited two of my favorite brands combined.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 3, 2015
  15. LMB925

LMB925 Member

0   0   0

Please let us know what you think of them and which ones you get.

I love Tokidoki. The vinyls are adorable. I just saw them on 9/1 along with the platinum edition Tokidoki Barbie doll that had already sold out. I was so crushed to have just missed it. I hadn't been checking the doll websites and forums as I've been trying to watch my spending so I can save up to take my ex-sister-in-law, nieces and nephew to Disney World in December for their Christmas present this year. We live in FL, so not much on travel expenses, but I want to stay onsite and get everyone passes so I can take the kids back when Frozen Ever After opens next year... needless to say the doll budget is waaaaayyyyy down, but I would have tried to snap up the Platinum Ed Tokidoki Barbie if I'd known about it (retail $75 and I can't imagine what Ebay is going to be). I'm still hoping to be able to most of the LE Disney dolls. I've already marked several off due to WDW. I'm hoping the Barbie website does free shipping soon so I can get the black label Tokidoki Barbie and the blind boxes with my quarterly $20 membership discount.

Geez, I need to get my doll addiction under control or I'm going be eating oatmeal for a month and working 60+ hour weeks until next year. :) I also really want the Unicorno series 4 blind boxes and the 2 1/5 inch Hello Kitty colab blind boxes they just came out with. Yup... oatmeal...yum

Last edited: Sep 3, 2015
  16. LMB925

LMB925 Member

0   0   0

Not sure if anyone was thinking about a black label Tokidoki Barbie, but it's already sold out on their website and no longer listed on the Tokidoki website. There are a ton of them on Ebay for more than twice retail. I was able to find one for pre-order on Entertainment Earth for $89.99 with free shipping. It ended up being only about $4 above what I would paid with shipping on the Barbie website, so thought I'd mention it in case anyone here wants it and is thinking about going to Ebay. There may be better places to order it, and you may find it in some stores, but I checked a few places and Entertainment Earth currently was the best (pretty much only) I could find online. I imagine it will sell out there soon as well.

17. staykawaii

staykawaii Member

0   0   0

I will post pictures when i open all of them which should be October. :daisy:

im in the same boat I'm supposed to be saving for a January Disney trip but I was terrified these would sell out or I would never see them again so I jumped the gun. I really wanted the tokidoki Barbie as well but I had to limit myself, I'll try eBay after the hype dies down and my trip is over.

im trying to save but this year has been so major for doll collectors ;___; there was the collector monster high doll, Apple white royally ever after, Disney dollacolypse, tokidoki Barbie, And sooo much more.

18. Jerseyprincess1017

Jerseyprincess1017 Member

0   0   0

I picked up the Black label Tokidoki barbie too. I'm so sad I missed the platinum one but I couldn't find the link in time.

19. MadWild

MadWild Member

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0

Thank you! And ditto! Both my BJDs are Fairyland, and all the ones on my wishlist are as well! They have such a lovely look :).

He's gorgeous :). Interesting to hear that about his ability to stand, my Littlefee Liddy is pretty floppy and I think she was released at the same time as your Kai, perhaps they didn't do so well on stringing with that series of dolls. I can get her to stand, but her head often drops forward and when I pick her up she tends to fold in two. In comparison to my Realfee, she just doesn't have the same poseability because she doesn't have the firm joints. It's a bit of a shame. Let me know how sueding goes with Kai, I'd be interested to hear how much of a difference it makes.

20. staykawaii

staykawaii Member

0   0   0

The fan voted Finnegan is on mattelstore website and is an exclusive, it says 'limited supply' and considering Mattel's history with boy dolls I'd say if you want him get him ASAP!

I bought him yesterday. :) also spend 35+ for free shipping.

21. Doll_Enchanted

Doll_Enchanted Member

0   0   0

Thank you for posting this. I've been supposedly checking to see when he would show up and missed it lol but I got him now, can't wait looking forward to receiving him :) I wander if he'll show up in stores.

22. staykawaii

staykawaii Member

0   0   0

I was wondering that too, it says 'exclusive' so I don't think it will show up in stores... But I guess we'll see... You never know. :)

23. Doll_Enchanted

Doll_Enchanted Member

0   0   0

Well on eBay the UK listings already have him so... he might show up in US stores. I'll b on the lookout & prob buy him again lol

24. LMB925

LMB925 Member

0   0   0

I'm not sure if anyone here is interested, but I know there are a few Pullip and tokidoki collectors here, so I thought I'd share a good deal I randomly stumbled across...

The Sanrio website has Hello Kitty Tokidoki Violetta Pullip on sale for $115 right now. She's getting harder to find and that's a pretty good price (Groove has her at $169, and not currently in stock on Pullipstyle... best I've seen is around $150 plus shipping). I was also able to find a free shipping code HKCOINPURSE (includes random coin purse as well). You can't combine it with any other code and you must spend $75. Also, you can go through Ebates for 2.5% back.

As a side note: Sanrio has other Tokidoki items on sale for very good prices right now, and the free shipping is pretty good if you spend enough.

25. staykawaii

staykawaii Member

0   0   0

She's been on sale for a while now:) I kept waiting for them to clearance her and now she's on clearance and I can't bring myself to spend that much. ;_;