Do you collect any other dolls besides Disney?

Discussion in 'Other Disney Collectibles' started by Brii59, Jul 7, 2013.

1. Elphaba

Elphaba Member

0   0   0

What do you ladies and gents think of this new line, "Super Hero Girls", that Mattel's going to come out with next year? I guess this is their effort to replace the fact that they can't be making any more Disney princess stuff. Personally, I like the idea a lot (always love a good warrior gal), but the dolls/characters have some pros/cons to me. I think price point will be a big factor for me - and seeing them in person, as always.

http://www.theguardian.com/lifeands...girls-action-dolls-sexism-toy-industry-mattel

2. LMB925

LMB925 Member

0   0   0

Interesting article. Thanks for sharing. I hadn't heard about these yet.

Yeah, I'd like to get an up close look before making a call on the Super Hero Girls. There are things I like, they have cute faces, and things I'm not crazy about as a collector. I like the concept, but at first glance I'm not overly excited about them. They definitely look like they are aimed at young girls for play rather than collectors, which is good and obviously what most dolls from Mattel are meant for, but they have more of a play quality than a lot of dolls Mattel makes. I collect some comic figures/dolls, mostly Wonder Woman and Batgirl, but I'm not sure I'd want to get these. They don't look enough like the iconic characters I grew up with. I'm not sure they would appeal to my nieces, but I hope so. My favorite toys of the '80's growing up were my She-ra dolls and I think it'd be nice if there were more action figure type of dolls for girls now. These look like some have clothes that can be changed, but also some clothes aren't removable, as in painted, so I like the focus isn't on fashion. There's enough of that. I also like that they don't really look like an exact copy of anything else out there.

I don't know... I'll certainly check them out, but I really don't need anything else to collect or I'm going to have to start making my dolls into furniture. LOL I'm really trying to limit myself, but I honestly could see myself getting at least one of these dolls, and if I can get a good price, I'd get some to customize. Customizing was my first thought when I looked at them, so I guess I do like the sculpt, but I'm not crazy about the costumes.

3. Doll_Enchanted

Doll_Enchanted Member

0   0   0

Finally! She's available on amazon. I had to get her, she's probably now my fav one.[​IMG]

4. dragonshade

dragonshade Member

0   0   0

I collect Ever After High dolls and some Monster High.

5. pdgurl

pdgurl PDGURL

Rating - 100%
    6   0   1

I collect monster high dolls Skelita is my fave

6. Jerseyprincess1017

Jerseyprincess1017 Member

0   0   0

Has anyone gotten the new EAH dolls- Justine, Melody and Farrah? I just got them and I'm getting really upset that they keep changing the boxes and making the cheaper. 2 of the 3 came damaged.

7. LMB925

LMB925 Member

0   0   0

Did you order from Amazon? I've had a lot of bad luck with damaged boxes in the past year or so. I have prime, so if possible, I place separate orders far a part so they don't combine them. If they're really bad, I return them. I don't have these dolls, but ordered a few dolls (Duchess, Bunny & Rosabella) a couple of weeks ago and they had the smaller boxes. Is that what you're talking about? If so, I have to say I was actually happy about it. They fit perfectly on my library shelf, so I was happy to save room since I don't want to debox them and I'm running out of places for my dolls. Also, the smaller box dropped the price. I don't think they come with stands, but not sure. If so, it doesn't bother me since I didn't buy them to debox and the stand would be wasted on me. I do shop for dolls a lot more in store now than I used to because of the damaged boxes, and I like knowing exactly which doll box I'm getting.

8. staykawaii

staykawaii Member

0   0   0

My tokidoki Barbie vinyls came in & im so happy I ordered these. They were pushed back twice from Septemer to a November delivery... I actually got these a few days ago but forgot to post here. I ordered 10 and only ended up with one double of great shape Barbie which I'm completely fine with... Now all I need to have a complete set are:
    -the pink and green coat
    -Malibu Barbie (currently bidding on one via eBay)
    -the pink version of 2015 tokidoki
    -totally hair exclusive

[​IMG]

i really hope they continue with a series two & ken spin off.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2015
  9. Franzi

Franzi Member

0   0   0

I've recently looked at Barbies again and wow they look so different than the ones when I was a kid. And Ken who once looked like a grown man is now a teenage boy. I'd love to collect many more dolls but I'm kind of a completist who couldn't stop.

10. Jerseyprincess1017

0   0   0

Did anyone get the new DC Superhero Girls dolls and figures that were released yesterday?

11. Doll_Enchanted

Doll_Enchanted Member

0   0   0

I did ^^ my Target actually had them. I went to the dolls aisle and it was an oh no moment as they weren't there. And as I left the aisle to keep looking around surprise! :D they were at the endcap of another aisle.
    I only got the dolls: Harley (my favorite), Bumblebee, Wonder Woman, & Batgirl. So far I've only opened Harley couldn't wait to give her bangs hehe....

12. staykawaii

staykawaii Member

0   0   0

I need those! I found the new curvy barbies the other day, love those.

13. Jerseyprincess1017

0   0   0

I can't wait until mine get delivered today. I ordered the set online since my store claimed to know nothing about them and I didn't want to risk it.

14. Zolotinka

Zolotinka Member

0   0   0

Here is my Tonner Rapunzel doll. She's awsome! I love her so much! :)
    [​IMG]

15. Meritre

Meritre Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

She looks great! :)

16. Zolotinka

Zolotinka Member

0   0   0

Meritre, thanks! :) I even didn't guess that she's so pretty in person before buying her! Most russian collectors don't like her. They told that she has a stupid face! But I have to disagree with them

Last edited: Mar 4, 2016
  17. Meritre

Meritre Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Well, I think it's a matter of taste. She can't please everyone, no doll can do that. :) But she makes you happy and that's enough. :)

18. LMB925

LMB925 Member

0   0   0

Good for you. She's a gem. She's lovely and many collectors (myself included) would be very happy to have her. Tonner makes wonderful dolls and did an excellent job on the Disney dolls. I only have Maleficent in the Dinsey line from Tonner, but have few in other lines. They are all very well made and I think Rapunzel is no exception. Her sculpt is sweet and innocent. Tonner wasn't trying to make an exact replica from the movie. He put his own spin on the dolls. I think some people have a hard time understanding that, but it's part of the appeal to me. Thanks for sharing her picture.

19. dragonshade

dragonshade Member

0   0   0

Other than Disney collect Ever After High and Monster High dolls as well as porcelain dolls and some Figuarts. I wish I could go after some of the nicer other dolls though... That is a beautiful Rapunzel...

20. Zolotinka

Zolotinka Member

0   0   0

Meritre, LMB925, dragonshade, thank you very much! I'm glad to talk to all of you guys! This forum is just wonderful! I'm so happy to be here. All people here are very friendly and intelligent.

21. Starlord3301

Starlord3301 Member

0   0   0

Besides Disney I collect 1/6th scale figures by a company called Hot Toys. I mainly do their Marvel line but I will get a couple from DC comics/films the only DC characters I collect are Batman joker Harley Wonder Woman super man and super girl),Star Wars,or Alien and Predator. I also collect some Neca and figure Arts figures and very few Funko Pops. I also collect blu Rays and DVDs. Yes I collect lots of things lol

22. Jerseyprincess1017

0   0   0

23. Manta

Manta Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

My doll collection, aside from Disney, includes American Girl, Lalaloopsy.. and most recently Monster High and Ever After High. There are a lot of other dolls I like, but I either only have one from that line or none. :p

Has anyone spotted the new Monster High Shriek Wrecked Gooliope is the U.S. yet by any chance? I am really looking forward to getting her, lol.

24. LetDownMyBrownHair

LetDownMyBrownHair New Member

0   0   0

I have a relatively large doll collection, but so many of them I loved and played with to death! I still have all of them, though, lots of great memories. I went through a huge "I Love Lucy" phase in the second grade, so I have a few of the Barbies, including Lucy and Ricky when he finds out she's expecting, along with a really lovely Lucy Franklin Mint, with traveling case! I'd love to get my hands on the Rose DeWitt Bukater Franklin Mint doll, but she's so expensive! Same with Scarlett O'Hara, I really regret not getting my hands on the 75th anniversary Barbie of her in the burgundy ball gown. Her face was exactly like Vivien Leigh's! I'd be happy with any GWTW doll at this point.

I have a few other collectible Barbies as well, like the retro Catwoman from a few years back, and the Bewitched doll from the early 2000s. I wish I had gotten Jeannie! Both the Barbara Eden version and the original Barbie interpretation are really cute. If I love a character, there's a good chance I'm either on the hunt or have a doll of them! I'm trying to stick just to Little Mermaid, though, because it seems like every five seconds, someone's coming out with something new! I just got my hands on the 1997 picnic set from Mattel, I've been searching for one in good condition for over three years!

25. Esmeralda

Esmeralda Dancing Queen

0   0   0

Monster High teamed up with the Born This Way foundation and Lady Gaga to create a doll- Zomby Gaga. 100% of the proceeds go to the foundation and it's release date is January 2nd! Personally, I love her and can't wait to get her. She will be released in the US and the UK. Price tag in the US is $29.99. You can pre-order her on Amazon, Target, or Mattel's website. There's probably other stores but those are the only ones I know of.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]