Do you collect any other dolls besides Disney?

Discussion in 'Other Disney Collectibles' started by Brii59, Jul 7, 2013.

1. Manta

Manta Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

^I think Zomby Gaga is an interesting doll, but I just don't really like her enough to get her. I hope everyone who does want her gets her though:)

2. Elphaba

Elphaba Member

0   0   0

What does the Born This Way foundation spend it on?
    I didn't see where it mentioned that 100% of the proceeds go to it... I'm glad of that.. could you share the link?

3. MicksHardy

MicksHardy Member

0   0   0

OMG Yaaaaaasss! I want that Zomby Gaga NOW!

4. Esmeralda

Esmeralda Dancing Queen

0   0   0

This was from the foundation's facebook:

Born This Way Foundation Hi *(Name of person they were replying to), the entirety of the funds received from the doll will be used for charity. The foundation launched a new website a couple of weeks ago (www.bornthisway.foundation) and you can read more about the programs that the donation will benefit. Thanks!

It was also mentioned of a few new sites.
    Radio.com
    Fuse
    Yahoo News

5. Elphaba

Elphaba Member

0   0   0

Thanks for the link and info :)

I browsed that site but I can't get any concrete info on what it is they say they're specifically going to spend it on. It appears to be super vague. I mean "stop bullying" that's all good. But what are they going to spend the money on to make that happen? "research" of some kind - great I think research is super important. What specifically will who research and what % goes to that? :confused: "Digitial programming," well ok, like the videos they have there, and are they going to spend a lot more on those? Cause there's already tons of antibullying videos out there. Stakeholder meetups and partnerships --- well I sure hope most of the money isn't going to this!! It's not wining and dining people at the Hyatt to talk in big words about how bullying is such a problem that the charity is doing, is it?

...yeah, it's probably obvious that I take charities seriously because many are not what they seem, so I really prefer when they share their details where your/my money is going rather than just "against that bad thing!" (owow you're against bad thing, have all my moneys) ...while other, very important and worthy charities, which are very focused on specific efforts to correct concrete problems, don't get the attention and funding they need.

6. Doll_Enchanted

Doll_Enchanted Member

0   0   0

Not a Gaga fan, but I dig her doll so I preorder her.

Want to share; I found this doll today at my Walmart for $27 :O in the clearance rack. Never seen it, had no idea of this collection since is back from 2011. Saw it and fell in love with it so so happy she came home with me :D New addition to my Barbie collection.

[​IMG]

I collect:

Barbies I have: Twilight Alice & Jasper. Oz lion, tin and scarecrow. Water Sprite & Lady of the White Woods. Katniss. Tweety dolls.

Monster high: favs are Draculaura, Ghoulia, & Rochelle. Though I do have other chars here and there.

EAH: favs are and have all Cerise, Cupid, Lizzie, Kitty, Blondie, Raven. Also have other chars here and there.

Anastasia dolls

The King and I dolls

I only own one Pullip: the Tweety one :) got interested in others but no money or room lol

Mc2 dolls

Oh and recently I got Elsa Real Action Heroes, she's so cool!

Last edited: Oct 19, 2016
  7. Dizdiana

Dizdiana New Member

0   0   0

Your grails are just beautiful. Go Mermaid.

8. chubs191

chubs191 Beautiful Tomorrow Admirer

Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0

Oh my gosh. I love this doll more than life. Was there more than one?

9. Doll_Enchanted

Doll_Enchanted Member

0   0   0

:( Sorry, there was only one. And I almost missed her I passed the rack but didn't want to stop so I wouldn't spend money lol but we just happened to walk by it again and bang she caught my eye. I swear dolls call me. I can't get over her. She's next to my couch so I can stare at her :) I'm blown away, I keep thinking she originally retail for $34.99 and I can go on and on about her details for example she has freaken long painted nails and her face paint job is amazing! I would like to see details like that on the limited Disney dolls. Her sleeves edge is sewn so the fabric doesn't fray which I wish Designer Maleficent dress was too. So much more excited over this doll than my yet to receive Designer Aurora n Mal oopsie :D I hope you own her in the near future.

10. staykawaii

staykawaii Member

0   0   0

11. Doll_Enchanted

Doll_Enchanted Member

0   0   0

Yeah, I still can't believe it :) I don't think I want the others. But I do want some from the Dolls of the World Landmark Collection.

12. flowersandbooks

flowersandbooks New Member

0   0   0

I have a small collection of the Jem and the Holograms dolls by Integrity. Actually started when I lost a bid for a Disney designer on eBay and realized I could happily spend the money somewhere else! They're beautiful and really well-made, even if I can't resist playing with them like very expensive Barbies.

[​IMG]

[My beloved Jerrica Benton, being a bit ironic with Barbie and the Rockers.]

(Actually, if anybody has any advice on repairing a limb I'd be super-grateful. Thanks!)

Last edited: Oct 25, 2016
  13. kyera

kyera Member

0   0   0

Oh my gosh, she's adorable. I didn't even know they had Jem dolls.

14. staykawaii

staykawaii Member

0   0   0

[​IMG]

I love the Jem dolls! I only have the 2014 SDCC Jem but the jem in her iconic outfit and Rio are on my grail list.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2016
  15. flowersandbooks

flowersandbooks New Member

0   0   0

[​IMG]

I <3 Rockin' Romance Jem. She was my first, too! Even if the first thing I said was 'omg. the Riot dress'. :eek:

Speaking of Riot... Look who showed up.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

(They both make me so happy.)

The nice thing about Integrity is they've now done every character from the show, including the Stingers (who were never produced) and even Eric Raymond (who's a bit of a miss imho, but it's the thought that counts?).

[​IMG][​IMG]

Roxy likes her poofy dress. She is utterly gorgeous (so's Rapture, who really wasn't appealing at all on the show). And Jerrica rocks out more old Barbie clothes. :cool:

Last edited: Oct 25, 2016
  16. Starlord3301

Starlord3301 Member

0   0   0

I dont collect dolls other than Disney but I do collect Hot toys figures, and high end statues and busts of my favorite characters and from movies. I have th Premium Format Jason, and Leatherface on pre order from sideshow collectibles. Some of the characters I collect are from DC, Marvel, Horror, Disney and so on. I must say I dont collect Monster High but I do like that Lady Gaga dol and I will pre order her will be my first and only MH doll

17. Doll_Enchanted

Doll_Enchanted Member

0   0   0

Looking into this 2 new doll lines. Got 1 Shibajuku on the way and just found out about this Madame Alexander Spacepop dolls on Amazon:https://youtu.be/TTC3FRJKwI0

[​IMG][​IMG]

18. Zolotinka

Zolotinka Member

0   0   0

Such amazing photos! ( but not mine)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

19. Disneychildwithin

Disneychildwithin Active Member

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0

How did I miss this?
    My dolls are also fans, can you spy anything Disney?
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Last edited: Jun 30, 2017
  20. staykawaii

staykawaii Member

0   0   0

Preferably Pink is one of my favorite Barbies!

21. SoraPandora

SoraPandora Active Member

Rating - 100%
    138   0   0

I started collecting Momiji dolls this year. Does anyone else like them?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

22. sockgnome

sockgnome Active Member

Rating - 100%
    168   0   0

I had literally never heard of these before I saw your post, and now I have several on my wish list and follow them on Facebook! I just wish the older ones weren't so expensive and hard to find... The one I want the most goes for $150 on eBay!

23. SoraPandora

SoraPandora Active Member

Rating - 100%
    138   0   0

Is it a Halloween one? :halloween: All the Halloween ones are my Momiji grails. They're so expensive on the secondary market! :eek:

24. staykawaii

staykawaii Member

0   0   0

I'm starting to get back into My Scene dolls. I used to love them when I was little but only had a handful of them. Chelsea and Barbie/Kennedy were my favorites. So far I only have the Bling Bling Barbie which was one I had when I was little.

ive been looking online and they're expensive! I'm really hoping to find a decent Masquerade Madness Chelsea in her mermaid gown.

25. sockgnome

sockgnome Active Member

Rating - 100%
    168   0   0

My Grail is the birthday girl designed by Luli Bunny- it's so lovely!