Do you collect any other dolls besides Disney?

Discussion in 'Other Disney Collectibles' started by Brii59, Jul 7, 2013.

1. xlaineyx

xlaineyx Member

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0

I have a relatively small collection of Barbies. I do have a full collection of all the Hard Rock Cafe Barbies. I did have a few of Disney Barbies (not princesses but park dolls) I did take them out of the boxes for my daughters to play with along with the mcdonalds Stacie and friends. I buy random Barbies I like but as I have nowhere to display them they are stored in boxes in the loft.

I dream of having a room full of barbies that is all mine and no little girls are allowed in to play with them or unboxing them! I would love the animation disney dolls for my youngest little girl but she would want to play with them and I would want them in their boxes for display only!

2. Argentine

Argentine All glory to the Helix!

Rating - 100%
    76   0   0

@Romancing_Train - Just keep searching! I had been looking for Cat Tastrophy for months, and she finally showed up at my local Target along with Frankie (forgot her super name, lol). I haven't seen basic Toralei since I got her when she was released, but I will keep an eye out for you. :) I haven't been able to find that 3 pack yet. My closest TRU is about 40 minutes away, so I don't get to check very often. Maybe someday~

I'm super jelly over the <3 Shoes Draculaura! I want her and Cleo so badly! They came out while I was on a MH hiatus, so I missed them both. I didn't even know about the Rochelle swim class one. She is absolutely adorable! I'll be keeping an eye out for her too. I will be DYING once Candy Frankie and Draculaura come out. They are absolutely stunning. I need them both. :anxious:

3. ladyroselie

ladyroselie Snow Queen

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0

What is Candy Frankie and Draculaura? Is that a new MH line? I usually stick to basics, but I'll pick up variants if they are pretty enough.

4. Argentine

Rating - 100%
    76   0   0

I think they are actually called "Sweet Screams", and should be out in 2014. They are SO pretty! I hope they continue with the theme and make more!

[​IMG]

5. ladyroselie

ladyroselie Snow Queen

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0

Wow, those ghouls are fancy! I love that Frankie has a little pet too ^^

Last edited: Oct 6, 2013
  6. Romancing_Train

Romancing_Train EVERYPONY calm the buck down!

Rating - 100%
    169   0   0

Omg Argentine, if you want I can check my TRU for the were-cat 3pack for you. It's ALWAYS in stock!!

7. sinslikescarlet

sinslikescarlet Member

0   0   0

I also collect some of the Monster High dolls--but I only pick ones that I think are well designed, and of my favorite characters, but I just started that collection. My main concentration is on the Disney dolls, since they have a deeper meaning for me. Other than that, I also collect some action figures of Marvel characters, along with Wonder Woman. My favorites are from the [h=1]Kotobukiya Bishoujo line.[/h]

8. Argentine

Rating - 100%
    76   0   0

Whaaaat? I would appreciate that more than you could ever know!!! I checked the website and they are gone at all the TRU's near myself or my family members. :( So depressing! I need these ghouls in my life.

9. shooting4ownhand

shooting4ownhand Active Member

Rating - 100%
    70   0   0

That is depressing they are retiring Molly. She is one of my favorites. My grandma got me her for Christmas when I was 8. I also have Felicity and Josephina.

I really hope they don't wipe out the historical line, though I do fear you are right and they will. The American Girl dolls got me into history. I am currently getting my masters in history.

The only dolls I collect are Disney dolls but I do have my American Girl dolls on display in my room.

10. RapunzelSalat

RapunzelSalat Member

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

I thought the American Girl dolls were supposed to BE about history and girls in American history! Molly was my favorite too! I haven't read anything from this line since I was a kid, but I just assumed they had continued to create new girls from every era in American history.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2013
  11. ElysionsPrincess

ElysionsPrincess Love Thaws a Frozen Heart!

Rating - 100%
    53   0   0

I love Monster High but I am just about out of space. I think after Frights, Camera, Action, I will be putting a stop to my collection. I just don't have the space or stamina to keep up anymore! And I only collect the basic, first edition of each character. But I don't see it dying out any time soon and there are just too many characters! I think some of the designs are really suffering too. Jane Boolittle is just horrendous IMO.

12. Argentine

Rating - 100%
    76   0   0

I know what you mean! There are just SO many. That's why I've just started narrowing my collection down to the were-cats, and then the ones I think are designed well (Like the Sweet Screams!) or I just really like (such as 13 Wishes Howleen). I am curious about the Frights, camera, action dolls. I'm really curious about how Viperine is going to turn out.

Also, I just heard that all of the Ever After High girls have the same face mold (which would explain why I don't like any of them). Anyone know if that is true? I can't get over how much I love the concept and designs of these dolls, but I just hate their face mold!

13. Romancing_Train

Romancing_Train EVERYPONY calm the buck down!

Rating - 100%
    169   0   0

Yes, they have the same face mold with no eye or lip definition which I think is horrible ):

I'm sure Jane will change a bit before she's released though. Same thing with Webarella. Her original outfit was fugly.

14. AA1990

AA1990 Member

0   0   0

I am actually a abjd collector, and that has been my focus for the past 5+ years. my collection is over 30 at the moment but with the new frozen release its been nice to take a break and collect some more readily available dolls. Disney dolls don't have the customization aspect like bjds, and I'm sure they will be deboxed, they really speak to my inner child. I also have some obitsu, Disney dolls from my childhood, and animators collection toddlers. I don't really have the " gotta have em all" mentality so I'm just looking for my favorites

15. sappyanny

sappyanny Member

0   0   0

I collect some barbies (mostly either Disney or movie ones) but other than that have mostly Disney dolls...my daughter on the other hand LOVES Monster High and has pretty close to all of them, she also collects the Lalaloopsy dolls but I think she's kinda growing out of them

16. ElysionsPrincess

ElysionsPrincess Love Thaws a Frozen Heart!

Rating - 100%
    53   0   0

THIRTY?! D: Holy bananas! I would love to see a photo of your BJD collection!! That is insanely impressive!

And yeah EAH dolls don't do it for me. I think their faces are just too pancake-y and atrocious. The Legacy Day dolls were slightly more detailed but still not enough to buy!

17. Merriennes

Merriennes Member

0   0   0

I started out as a Barbie collector, probably because I adored Barbie as a child and they didn't really have Disney dolls around back then. The first edition Tyco Little Mermaid was the last doll I bought before being told I was too old for them though. But I still didn't really want to let go of my love of dollys though and in my late teens and early 20's I started on collectors Barbies a little, with some of the Gone With The Wind, My Fair Lady, Breakfast at Tiffanys, Liz Taylor Cleopatra etc, and then onto the Hasbro Star Wars dolls, I think I have all of the Episode one dolls both collector and playline, plus I have quite a few of the Franklin Mint Titanic dolls too ... Gotta love them ;). After a while I sorta stopped collecting though and didn't really get new dolls at all for quite a time.

The Disney Animators dolls were the thing that got be properly back into doll colecting though, and inspired my passion for Disney dolls in partular, they are now all over my house hehehe ;). I have a small monster high collection too, but mainly sticking to Cleo and Operetta there. I also have a few of the 80s Jem dolls, particularly the Glitter and Gold ones I wanted in my childhood but never got. A small collection of Lalaloopsys, and also the 'I Love Minnie' dolls as well, just bought my first Ever After High doll too. I started getting a few more collectors Barbies on and off, like the Pirates of the Caribbean, William & Kate, Peter Rabbit, Star Trek Barbies etc, and a few other individuals that I like, but for the most part its the Disney dolls that are the main bulk of my collection, both collectors LE ones and playline. ;)

18. rozereneetje

rozereneetje Member

0   0   0

I also collect barbie silkstone and very special limited editions. Unfortunately Barie only ships to American addresses so in general too expensive for me, sadly

19. Matthewlondon

Matthewlondon Active Member

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

The only other dolls I collect are Sideshow Buffy the Vampire slayer figures, I used to have every one of them released but sold many off and just have the main characters now:)

20. MountedArcherPrincess

MountedArcherPrincess Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

I am desperately trying to avoid collecting any other dolls... I just can't afford it LOL, but there are some very realistic gorgeous dolls that are from Korea....some of those I want so bad but WAY out of my prince range! Thank goodness!

21. Argentine

Rating - 100%
    76   0   0

Good news: I finally found the Werecat Fearling pack at TRU! Yay! Bad news: All three of the dolls have issues (be it hair, or paint). Ah well, I'm just glad I finally have them. My werecat collection is complete! That is, until the new Toralei and Catrine variants come out. I am so excited for Coffin Bean Toralei! <3

22. ladyroselie

ladyroselie Snow Queen

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0

She is the first slimline that is tempting me, I love the short hair cut. Do you happen to know if we'll get any new MH lines before Christmas? When I was looking at the NYCC info it seemed like it is all coming out in early 2014.

23. Argentine

Rating - 100%
    76   0   0

I've heard that the Scaremester line with Catrine, Jinafire, and Clawdeen should be out before Christmas. I've also heard that Jane Boolittle will be out near the end of December too. Coffin Bean and most other lines aren't slated until 2014, but MH is really weird about release dates. Some things get released really early with no explanation. :dunno: I think Catty was being found back in August, a month before her actual release.

24. ladyroselie

ladyroselie Snow Queen

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0

Ooo, that is exciting. Thanks for the info. I've been able to grab all the new characters released since Scaris (except weberella), I'm trying to keep it to "Basics" as much as possible. I've really gotten into EAH though, and I'm determined to own every single doll that comes out LOL. I think they are hitting regular stores today, I've got all of the wave one and Legacy Day - can't wait for Blondie and Cerise!

25. Argentine

Rating - 100%
    76   0   0

Bumping up for Monster High and Ever After High news! :p

The Monster High Frights, Camera, Action line is showing up in stores. The budget dolls (Lagoona, Draculaura, Cleo, and Clawdeen) are in Justice stores pretty much everywhere. Honey, Elissabat, and Clawdia have shown up in Toys R Us and Walmarts in Canada. No sign of Viperine, though. The Scaremester line is up on Amazon for retail price, but they haven't been spotted in stores yet.

As for Ever After High, Cerise and Blondie have both been spotted in Canada as well (at Toys R Us, I believe).

I actually really like Blondie and Cerise. They might be the only two I get of the Ever After High series. I'll have to see pictures of Cupid before I decide on that one.