Do you collect any other dolls besides Disney?

Discussion in 'Other Disney Collectibles' started by Brii59, Jul 7, 2013.

1. Sunlady27

Sunlady27 New Member

0   0   0

I very slowly started collecting dolls with 2 Blythe dolls (now I have 3). I also have 2 Pullip dolls including classic Alice which I have next to my Disney LE Alice. The doll insanity started when I popped into a Disney store to get something for my kids and saw the Cinderella Designer Doll. They had all the Designer Dolls displayed. I just loved the concept and the detail of the dolls, and it turns out, so did the rest of the world! I was lucky that I bought Ariel at retail before everything exploded. Ahh, the good old days.

2. Argentine

Argentine All glory to the Helix!

Rating - 100%
    76   0   0

I've always thought that Pullip dolls are completely adorable! I would absolutely love to own the Classical Alice someday. Time to start saving! ;)

More Monster High news: Jane Boolittle is out in Toys R Us stores on the East coast (none found on the west coast yet). I picked up mine this morning, and I have to say she's pretty amazing. Judging from the promo shots, I had no interest in getting her. But I saw owner pictures and had to have her. The details on her are amazing. Here is a shot of mine:

[​IMG]

Her skin is really a darker shade than that, though. My lighting just made her bright. She's darker than Twyla.

3. blairbearbear

blairbearbear Member

0   0   0

cerise and blondie look cute! i'll probably pick them up when they come stateside.
    unfortunately i dunno when that will be and a quick google search yielded no results :(

4. Argentine

Rating - 100%
    76   0   0

Yeah, no one really knows what's up with that. :x They are both showing up more and more in Canada, but no sightings anywhere else. I figure it can only be a matter of time though, since the cases are obviously being shipped now.

5. sharayahlynn

sharayahlynn Lover of Disney Treasures

0   0   0

I collect American Girl, Monster High, and Ever After High dolls along with my Disney dolls. Things are pretty crazy around my house. :lol:

6. Romancing_Train

Romancing_Train EVERYPONY calm the buck down!

Rating - 100%
    169   0   0

Die in a fire <3

7. AmandaAutumn

AmandaAutumn Just let the snow man be!

0   0   0

I have 2 porcelain Marilyn Monroe dolls from Franklin Mint. I just sold two vinyl ones from the Mint. I had two Blythe dolls that I sold. I also have a Coraline button eye doll and the Comic Con Coraline with her star sweater. Oh yes, I do have a petite Hollywood Hills Blythe and the Wicked Witch of the West Doll from Oz the Great and Powerful. And of course I got an Elsa yesterday at the Disney store. I came home and put eye lashes on her. I still really want to the LE one as well.

[​IMG]

8. blairbearbear

blairbearbear Member

0   0   0

oh man you could have fooled me! i might try doing something like that too!! if you don't mind.
    those eye lashes look really good! you did a great job!!

i'm heading to a toys r us outlet near me tomorrow to see if they have the new ever after dolls.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2013
  9. AmandaAutumn

AmandaAutumn Just let the snow man be!

0   0   0

Oh my dear, I don't mind! It was kind of hard at first. Make sure you have some glue that dries tacky really fast. Be sure you have tweezers as well. I used the crate your own eye lashes and put them on one at a time. I trimmed them down as well, cause they were really long! And make sure you have good patience!

10. ElysionsPrincess

ElysionsPrincess Love Thaws a Frozen Heart!

Rating - 100%
    53   0   0

I was pleasantly surprised with Jane Boolittle too. I put up a Youtube review like immediately after finding her and it already gathered over 1,000 views, it was awesome! She is much prettier in person!

I have the UPC for Honey Swamp from Frights, Camera, Action! and I am going to be checking for her this weekend. I'm upset Viperine is MIA right now, because she is one of my favorites from the new line.

11. blairbearbear

blairbearbear Member

0   0   0

12. Argentine

Rating - 100%
    76   0   0

whhhhhhhhyyyyyyyyyyy?!?!
    [​IMG]

And thank you for the link, blairbearbear!! Nobody else seems to have noticed, so I never would have known. I just ordered one for my sister and one for me. :)

13. serafina

serafina Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

OMG Romancing_Train, you can't just tell people to die in a fire! :lol:

Lovely!!! I like the addition of eyelashes!

Boolittle looks so beautiful! the very early pictures of her were dull and I couldn't see details like the different colours in her hair. THE PET SLOTH! Sloths are great, what an original idea for a pet

These are my monster high dolls. I wish the regular Disney store dolls had this level of quality, detail and accessories :( Imagine if they did...wow!
    [​IMG]

My BJD. But I don't 'collect' BJD's they are too large and expensive, this is my only bought in 2006

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 24, 2013
  14. Argentine

Rating - 100%
    76   0   0

serafina, your dolls are beautiful! I'm so jealous of Rochelle! I remember when she was first out and I opted not to get her, now I totally regret it. Your BJD is gorgeous as well. They are so nice, I definitely miss mine sometimes.

Just a heads up for Ever After High people, Cerise is now for sale on Target.com! :)

http://www.target.com/p/ever-after-high-cerise-hood-doll/-/A-14576040

15. blairbearbear

blairbearbear Member

0   0   0

oh, thanx for the news!!
    just bought cerise, blondie and raven.
    hopefully i get ones with nice paint jobs and hair!!

16. ElysionsPrincess

ElysionsPrincess Love Thaws a Frozen Heart!

Rating - 100%
    53   0   0

Found Honey Swamp, Clawdia Wolf, and Elissabat from the Frights, Camera, Action line! And they are lovely!

17. Argentine

Rating - 100%
    76   0   0

I haven't been able to find the Frights, Camera, Action dolls yet (aside from the budget line at Justice). Hopefully soon!

In others Monster High news, the Scaremester line has hit Walmart! I found Catrine today and she was only $10! Not sure what kind of promotion that was, but I'm not arguing.

[​IMG]

18. TinkerTigg

TinkerTigg Member

0   0   0

I'm kinda excited for Viperine. I've always loved Medusa (and Gorgons by extension.) I just need to see her in person or better pics because I am not too sure about so much "normal" hair with just a few snakes. But, probably gonna buy her anyway. ;)
    The only other one I'd love to have is C.A.Cupid.
    In the future, I hope they do more "Scarily Ever After" themed dolls. I used the 3 they've made as part of my Halloween decorating. :D

When it comes to the Ever After High, I don't think I'll buy any except for the daughters of the Cheshire Cat and Queen of Hearts. I really love their designs. (I am also really looking forward to seeing what fashion packs they release though for my CYO Gorgon.) :D

19. KailaOceano

KailaOceano New Member

0   0   0

I sometimes collect Monster High dolls but have stopped for a while because I want to collect Disney Dolls over anything else. I did collect some of the Ever After High dolls too.
    I would like to collect pullip dolls though.

20. blairbearbear

blairbearbear Member

0   0   0

oh man!! i caved and bought a bunch of the ones i really like.
    they are all still in transit, like the ever after dolls Dx
    can't wait to get them in my hands !!!

21. KailaOceano

KailaOceano New Member

0   0   0

Oh lucky! Which ones did you get? I really want the Tokidoki edition and Hatsune Miku :)

22. blairbearbear

blairbearbear Member

0   0   0

i got all the alices!!! i regret nothing!!!
    ahhh the miku one is so cute! i was really tempted but then my love for all things alice took over xD

23. Selithiel

Selithiel Member

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

Like many of you, I also collect Monster High. I've stepped back from it recently (as I typically do during this time of year, given that's when most of the Disney LE dolls come out), but I also collect some Barbies and Ever After High Dolls. I used to have every single MH doll, but I had to sell off some to pay for the influx of Disney Dolls this season >.<

24. Argentine

Rating - 100%
    76   0   0

Bumping up! The Ever After High getting fairest dolls can now be found in Justice stores. I actually ended up getting Apple and Briar. I find them to be significantly nicer than the originals, maybe because of the softer makeup. (and I could swear they changed the face mold). Cerise is now available on the Justice website for those who missed her on Target.

In Monster High news, after hunting for months I finally got a reasonably priced Dawn of the Dance MH 3-pack! Hurrah! I've been dying for that Draculaura for ages. <3

25. Argentine

Rating - 100%
    76   0   0

I hate to double-post, but more news!

In Monster High news, the Sweet Screams Draculaura and Frankie are being found in California Target stores. I am so jelly right now! I need them in my life immediately! But I gotta' wait until they hit the east coast! Someone also found Frights, Camera, Action Operetta somewhere. Still no sign of Viperine.

In Ever After High news, Cupid is now being sold and shipped on Amazon.com. Blondie and Cerise are showing up more and more in all stores in the US.