Do you collect any other dolls besides Disney?

Discussion in 'Other Disney Collectibles' started by Brii59, Jul 7, 2013.

1. bookhugger

bookhugger I love books!

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0

Just the barbies that I played with :lol: But no boxes or anything and I dyed their hair, so that probably doesn't work

2. SoraPandora

SoraPandora Active Member

Rating - 100%
    138   0   0

I'm not big on dolls in general, but I do have a very special Little Miss No Name (vintage doll from the 70s)...

[​IMG]

She doesn't get a whole lot of love, on account of a lot of people thinking she's creepy.

But she's a sweetheart. Trust me.

Look! She even likes Disney.

[​IMG]

I also have an actual working ventriloquist's doll that I found at an estate sale. His name is Slappy. :eek:

But I won't post any pictures of him here, because, well, I don't want to give anyone nightmares. :lol:​

I guess you could say I have a soft spot for things other people find ugly or scary. :crazy:

I also collect several kinds of plush toys including Build-a-Bear, UglyDolls, and Pook-a-looz. :)

And I plan on buying my very first "Duffy" soon! :bigthumb:

Last edited: Dec 16, 2013
  3. Marita

Marita New Member

0   0   0

I found Clawdia Wolf and Maddie Yesterday in Justice, and Cat Tastrophe in target it was $10 [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 16, 2013
  4. ElysionsPrincess

ElysionsPrincess Love Thaws a Frozen Heart!

Rating - 100%
    53   0   0

I missed the last Cat Tastrophe today by one second. I was so mad at myself! Not like I should be buying anything right now, but I really want to complete the Power Ghouls to go with my Widowna :(

5. blairbearbear

blairbearbear Member

0   0   0

thank you for the news!
    i ordered one as soon as i read your post.

Mmm, Frights, Camera, Action! Operetta is so gorgeous, i can't wait till she hits stores near me.
    i keep hearing that elissabat/viperine and co. are not going to be available till spring of next year but they are already plenty on ebay and i'm wondering what the deal is with that.

@sora
    please post pics of Slappy, i'm so curious!! if it's not too much trouble that is. x3

6. Argentine

Argentine All glory to the Helix!

Rating - 100%
    76   0   0

Marita - Great finds!! I haven't managed to find any of the regular Frights, camera, action dolls other than the budget line (though I only want Viperine!).

ElysionsPrincess - I know exactly how you feel. :( I searched for ages for her in my Target, and I've still never found her. I only got her once she showed up online for a few hours. But I visited my family and Kentucky, and go figure, their Target had like 4 of her. It was so unfair, lol. They get the better Target.

blairbearbear - You're welcome! :) I ordered her too, but I wish I had gotten faster shipping. UPS Surepost is just terrible. Elissabat has been found a lot already, Viperine is the elusive one right now. But word is that she has been spotted in Mexico!

The Sweet Screams ghouls have been found in Ohio and Texas today! Sadly, I called my local store with the DPCI number and they said none of the Targets here have them, and they will not have any coming in for weeks at least. I ended up just buying them online. I hate paying the higher price, but I neeeeeeeeeeeeeed them!

Last edited: Dec 17, 2013
  7. sheldoal

sheldoal Member

0   0   0

I know how you feel. I have bought thrift store stuffed toys that looked a mess (e.g. dirty, missing eyes, etc.) and even bought a legless stuffed monkey from Dollar Store because I thought no one else would want it. I haven't done that in a while--lack of space. The toys were fixable. Still have legless monkey.

8. Pongo

Pongo Member

0   0   0

I have been off and on doll collecting for years. My focus has been on Disney and other character dolls produced by DS, Tonner, Madame Alexander, Franklin Mint. So I have the Titanic, Oz, Gone with the Wind and have some really special ooaks like Tinker Bell and I Dream of Jeannie. I also have a lot of Barbies which I don't have room to display, Disney has taken over. I keep saying every year that I will photograph my dolls so I can post but never get that organized.

As for the Disney dolls, I have many of each princess and I appreciate the different sculpts and the detail of the outfits. I have 2 kids and they could not care less about dolls !

9. Tinkerboy

Tinkerboy Pixie Power

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

I have two Pullips, and a couple of MH dolls, as well as my Disney ones. Im really thinking of just sticking to my Disney collection and getting rid of my MH dolls. I will probably put them on ebay

10. Brii59

Brii59 Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Disney dolls are really expensive especially with the rate and the amount of dolls that have been out this year alone, I also gave up my American girl collection to just focus on disney dolls, it was a huge weight lifted off my shoulders

11. blairbearbear

blairbearbear Member

0   0   0

i was actually contemplating between pullips and LE disney dolls, but at the end of the day pullips won out mainly cause there's a more reliable way of obtaining them than ebay.
    though i did try my darnest to get anna and elsa from the online store, but it was just not meant to be.

12. Tinkerboy

Tinkerboy Pixie Power

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

I love my Pullips and have more on my WL but Im such a Disney nerd that collecting the dolls is what I want to spend my money on rather than other dolls right now. I really want the Pullip Tink though!

13. OlafOlaf

OlafOlaf dreamer

Rating - 100%
    52   0   0

I actually don't own any of the Disney dolls, but I'm slowly falling in love with the new Elsa doll. I used to collect Blythe dolls, I still have some custom ones. Now, my mother and I occasionally buy Ball Jointed Dolls, I might post some photos later. :D

14. blairbearbear

blairbearbear Member

0   0   0

omg the pullip tink was my gateway into the world of pullips.
    though i didn't do enough research and was a little disappointed when i learned that she couldn't blink.

@Olaf!!
    yes you should definitely post pics!! please x3
    i just ordered my first bjd last week and the wait it already killing me, argh

Last edited: Dec 21, 2013
  15. Romancing_Train

Romancing_Train EVERYPONY calm the buck down!

Rating - 100%
    169   0   0

Does anyone still need Catastrophe? All of my targets are having her right now....

16. OlafOlaf

OlafOlaf dreamer

Rating - 100%
    52   0   0

Oooh, which one did you order? I'll try to post some photos tomorrow! :D

17. SoraPandora

SoraPandora Active Member

Rating - 100%
    138   0   0

Oh sure thing! Sorry, I just saw this.

Heeere's Slappy!
    [​IMG]

I found him at an estate sale. Most people think he's creepy, but I love him. He's obviously very used, but the string in the back that opens and closes his mouth still works! I wish he could really talk, so he could tell he his life story. I bet he has a very interesting history! (Oh, and in case anyone's wondering, I did name him after the villain in Night of the Living Dummy. I was a huge Goosebumps fan as a kid!)

Oh, and as I said before, I really don't know much of anything about dolls, but I ran across this "Pullip" doll for the first time ever a few months ago when I was searching the Bay for Tiger Lily pins...

[​IMG]

I never bought her, but isn't she lovely? If I were more of a doll lover myself, I'd definitely want her in my collection. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18. blairbearbear

blairbearbear Member

0   0   0

i got this one with the face up:
    [​IMG]
    the wait is killing me...

@sora
    i'd imagine he'd have quite the life story! he could tell you all about his life with his previous owners and their exploits!!
    i've always wanted to go to estate sales, they seem to have all sorts of fascinating things!

19. Tinkerboy

Tinkerboy Pixie Power

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

I love BJDs. I had one but felt bad for having so much money in one doll just sitting on a shelf. But I always look at sites and admire them. There are some really beautiful ones out there.

20. OlafOlaf

OlafOlaf dreamer

Rating - 100%
    52   0   0

Gorgeous! And the face up is amazing as well. Hopefully it'll arrive soon! I know how the wait can kill you lol, I'm always so nervous because it takes up so much time, and most of the times I have to pay import costs as well lol. So it's always a suspense!

21. blairbearbear

blairbearbear Member

0   0   0

@tink
    yeah i wish bjds weren't so expensive!! i wanted to get a 1/3 one, but the prices scared me off...
    do you still have pics of your BJD though, you should share with us :D

@olaf
    isn't he though !??
    his face up is definitely what drew me to him in the first place and doll leaves is doing a christmas promo where face ups are free so i was like, yes, let's just get him, get him and sate my desire to own a bjd.

22. Tinkerboy

Tinkerboy Pixie Power

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

Awwww I dont. I have a small Marie Antoinette obsession so I had one custom made to look like MA from the Coppola movie and had the blue dress from the movie custom made for her too from the scene where she steps out of the tent and onto French soil and meets Louis for the first time.

23. blairbearbear

blairbearbear Member

0   0   0

oh i remember that film! i really liked the artistic direction.
    i still remember that one shot of... ugh i forgot his name, but i think he was MA's lover? and he was riding on a horse with a vibrant red cape. it was very gallant and it was gorgeous.

ah! it must have been hard to give her up!!

24. ladyroselie

ladyroselie Snow Queen

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0

Since there are a few BJD lover on here, does anyone want to see photos of my Soom girls? I have Cuprit, Night Onyx, and NS Beryl, and I still have pics of the Amber I recently sold. I also have an Elfdoll Tulie and a Bambicrony Keira.

25. Argentine

Argentine All glory to the Helix!

Rating - 100%
    76   0   0

I want pictures please!! Especially Onyx! :) When I had BJD's, they were mostly SOOM (my only other was a DOD Kalix). I had Beryl, Amber, and Sard before I sold them off. I miss them terribly sometimes, but I felt bad having them sit around doing nothing (except perhaps, yellowing).

Last edited: Dec 21, 2013