Do you collect any other dolls besides Disney?

Discussion in 'Other Disney Collectibles' started by Brii59, Jul 7, 2013.

1. Brii59

Brii59 Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

i can appreciate vintage/antique dolls, slappy may be nice in the living room or something , but in my bedroom at night..... He probably would scare the heck out of me, and that's coming from someone who likes porcelain dolls, which others usually get creeped out about when they come to my room .
    I wonder what kind of history slappy has had in his existence.

2. blairbearbear

blairbearbear Member

0   0   0

ah yes please! i love looking at photos of people's dolls!! x3

and ahaha, i think everyone here has their own idea of Slappy's past, this is fun and one of the reasons i like learning about other people's dolls :D

3. ladyroselie

ladyroselie Snow Queen

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0

Here are some old photos of my gals (sorry about the bad lighting, my old apt was surrounded by trees). I couldn't find any of my Beryl, but I'll hunt around for some better photos for another time. You can see my favorite is my little Tulip girl, Elfdoll Tulie.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. ElysionsPrincess

ElysionsPrincess Love Thaws a Frozen Heart!

Rating - 100%
    53   0   0

Jeeze Ladyroselie you weren't joking around, those are some amazing dolls! Shame you sold Amber, she is a doll I'd love to own one day. Is your Beryl the re-release of the first run?

I want to post mine too! Lol. I have Soom Chrom MD, Luts Moonlight Song Unicorn Bory, Dollzone Chen 1, and Dream of Doll Petsha :D

5. ElysionsPrincess

Rating - 100%
    53   0   0

YOU HAD A DOD KALIX?! *faints*

6. ladyroselie

ladyroselie Snow Queen

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0

Thank you, for about 2 years all I collected was BJDs. My Beryl is the re-released Normal Skin version, I also have my "starter" BJD a Graden of Dolls Popo. It was actually a relief to sell my Amber, she just wasn't jelling with me. My other dolls my boyfriend and I like to tell stories about, so we'll never sell them. I also previously owned a Soom Nenad, Mixi, Migma (both Vampire and Human full dolls), and a Breccia. I'm happy now because all the BJDs I currently own are my top favorites. Once I got my Beryl that was it, no other BJD would be as good as her and I just didn't bond with anyone I bought after. I am happy being a Disney doll collector again (had the Mattel 90's ones for a while), I feel more comfortable displaying them for long periods of time and I don't have to buy all the accessories ;)

Just for fun, here is a photo of the Amber I had:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 21, 2013
  7. blairbearbear

blairbearbear Member

0   0   0

i am SO JEALOUS RIGHT NOW !!!
    god he's so cute i was genuinely heart broken when i saw that he was sold out on eluts!

@Roselie
    you have gorgeous girls!!
    i love the one with the antlers x3

Last edited: Dec 22, 2013
  8. OlafOlaf

OlafOlaf dreamer

Rating - 100%
    52   0   0

Here are my two favourite BJD dolls, I do have more dolls but I need to make new photos.

This is my most recent BJD doll, she's been with me since October now. It was a birthday present from mum. I did receive another BJD last week (my Christmas present yay), from Mystic Kids, but I haven't found the time to make photos yet (I know, shame on me). I've been studying for my holiday exams. Anyway, meet Feta (I always name my BJD dolls with super creative names *cough*).

[​IMG]

And this is my favourite, she's so fun to take photos of.
    [​IMG]

9. AgentOfAnarchy

AgentOfAnarchy This Button Wants To Fly

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0

[​IMG]

when i was younger I caught an episode of midsummer murders (so not scary xD) a little girl offed her nanny, then left the knife in the hands of this creepy doll. nightmares for weeks and creepy dolls aren't allowed in my house.

..im sure he has lots to tell though...

10. jennisney

jennisney Princess Collector c:

Rating - 100%
    20   0   0

Did you ever get told the creepy pot doll story at sleepovers where she climbs the stairs and kills the girl? Yeah...my mum had to get rid of my 2 creepy pot dolls after that xD

11. ladyroselie

ladyroselie Snow Queen

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0

Thanks :) She is a Soom Cuprit Ice Queen, you can't see them but she has translucent blue hooves - if you click any of my photos and follow them to my flicker you can see a full body shot of her sans antlers with a green wig, WARNING tho I think she is showing a nip).

12. sheldoal

sheldoal Member

0   0   0

OlafOlaf: Those are the cutest things ever. I definitely gravitate towards the anthropomorphized animal BJD dolls over the human ones. Adorable!

13. ElysionsPrincess

Rating - 100%
    53   0   0

I hope maybe you can get one in the second hand market someday! When I saw his teaser photo I knew I had to have him. I sold an exceedingly rare Sailor Moon item to get the funds to buy him in a full set (the human one with unicorn head). I sort of regret not going for the centaur body though! He took FOREVER to arrive too ugh!

But this is him and he is lovely so it was worth the wait!

[​IMG]

And this is all of my crew on the mickey mouse couch lol

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 22, 2013
  14. BugCatcherJenna

BugCatcherJenna It doesnt have to be a snowman

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeee.... I love Dolls.

I want a BJD but right now... way too expensive for me!!!! ;P

Beautiful dolls, everyone.

15. ElysionsPrincess

Rating - 100%
    53   0   0

Jenna we will start a fund for you! Lol. There are cheaper dolls out there, let me know if you ever want to look at companies together! <3 Not all of them are $5,000,000 haha

16. Argentine

Argentine All glory to the Helix!

Rating - 100%
    76   0   0

Yep, and I probably miss him the most. I had the full-set in Grey-skin. Very gorgeous doll. <3

Ahhh, I will never ever get over the adorableness of Bory!! Sooo precious! And the SOOM gals are always so stunning.

Everybody's pictures are killing me, and now I've gone and made the mistake of going to Eluts.com... WELL HELLO LIO SAGITTARIUS GRIFFON. WHY, AREN'T YOU ADORABLE AND UNIQUE. Crap, crap, crap, crap, crap, crap...

17. ElysionsPrincess

Rating - 100%
    53   0   0

Luts is a dangerous place...good luck to you in escaping the cuteness!!

And I have physical pain at the thought of that full set being sold...one of my grail dolls. He was one of the first ones I ever saw. Maybe some day!!

18. Argentine

Rating - 100%
    76   0   0

I'm already plotting and wondering who might give me cash for Christmas... this could be very bad (but holy god, he is like, perfect!).

I really hope you can get him someday. I totally know how it feels. I would have sold actual body parts for the DOD collection black Ducan set... I do wonder where that Ducan is now. Last I heard, the owner had broken a few of his fingers... now THAT hurts to think about.

19. ElysionsPrincess

Rating - 100%
    53   0   0

Dear God. The horror!! What the heck...

20. SoraPandora

SoraPandora Active Member

Rating - 100%
    138   0   0

Awwww!!!! I LOVE her!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21. OlafOlaf

OlafOlaf dreamer

Rating - 100%
    52   0   0

Haha, me too! She's definitely my favourite. I've made many photos of her, she's just fun to pose and stuff.

They are, aren't they? :D I definitely prefer the animal-ish BJDs above the human ones too, I have a thing for weird dolls. My mum does have human ones, but they're still "weird", like, not realistic. I'll probably post some photos of all of our dolls soon. :D

22. Tinkerboy

Tinkerboy Pixie Power

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

Funny this movie was on TV last night and I got to see the scene I had modeled her after. Made me sad. Miss her

I love your dolls

This was my favorite too. So beautiful.

Here are my two Pullips. I just have the two. I'm obsessed with Marie Antoinette so I had to have Marianne. My other favorite person is Audrey Hepburn so I had to get the Breakfast at Tiffany's dolls too. Id like to get all of the Audrey Pullips some day and they have another Marie Antoinette one coming out soon I think.

[​IMG]

23. ElysionsPrincess

Rating - 100%
    53   0   0

I'm so jealous of your Audrey Hepburn Pullip!! The only one I plan to get someday

24. Tinkerboy

Tinkerboy Pixie Power

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

Shes really cute. She comes with the big hat and sunglasses which I lost. I added the tiara since she wore that as well in the movie.

25. Argentine

Rating - 100%
    76   0   0

You guys are a terrible influence! ;) I just bought myself back into the bjd hobby. Oh dear. :lol: